Howard Jackson Associates

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Howard Jackson Associates

Candidate Interview Review

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Howard Jackson Associates in April 2011.

I've got to say, first impressions were worst impressions here. I was invited to attend an interview for an Apprenticeship with Howard Jackson and went through a rigourous procedure. I haven't been to University and the Director said that nor had he - I specifically remember that bit because I was trying to decide at the time whether that was just an attempt to level with me, as when I tried to get his direct contact details it turned out he claimed he had gone to University - this disenfranchised me further, not that I wasn't annoyed with the company's lack of practice anyway.
      After this first interview I was then invited to a second one, again I attended. Here the same Director talked about the Celsius arm of the business and I was not asked any questions but I spoke to a team member where I unequivocally demonstrated my communication skills and interest in the business. DESPITE THIS four months on I haven't heard anything back from the company, which i think is a total shambles and a disgraceful way to treat somebody who attended not one but two interview sessions. I emailed them to tell them to forget it, basically, after ten days because after that time they weren't going to get back they can't convince me otherwise, but I have since called their office because I am still intrigued and still require feedback, HOWEVER the phone was blatantly put down on me by their secretary who I suspect was ordered to do so and fob be off.
     See, the problem with a company who insists on employing graduates only as they do - I was the exception since it was a government funded apprenticeship and they'd not have to salary me- is that in three years time there won't be any graduates, people will be put off by 9,000 a year fees and those who do go to Uni would go to be doctors and lawyers, not work in the recruitment industry which is surely a last resort for graduates in these difficult economic times.
      I reiterate again, to not reply to a candidate who attended the not one but two interview stages is just plain wrong and I shall always be owed an apology for this. The answer is either YES or NO, surely, not no response. The jobsearch is hard enough without being let down like I have here.

Interview Questions

Worked for Howard Jackson Associates? Contribute to the Community!