Howard R. Green Company Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Howard R. Green Company

Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Howard R. Green Company (McHenry, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was at the main office in McHenry, Illinois. Very easy-going, typical interview questions, it felt like a normal conversation. I met with the project manager and construction engineer who I would be working with for the summer and we discussed the goals of the internship and the task I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your career goals? What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Howard R. Green Company (Des Moines, IA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a phone conversation with Human Resources in May, 2011, which was mostly general stuff like why HR Green and what your motivation to relocate is. This was followed by a brief lunch meeting with a Senior Manager in the same month, which focused around current clients, business development tactics and some talk about M&A. On-Site interview was conducted in November, 2011. Questions were fairly straigthforward. No specific technical or engineering questions to test knowledge, no written test, no brain teasers. The on-site interview was all about fit. They were checking off boxes for specific experience which will serve thier current clients. We spent a lot of time talking about existing clients and fit with current backlog. Overall it was a very good experience. The Managers really know the industry very well. Human Resources staff is exceptionally professional and very good with managing logistics. My advice to people interviewing with HR Green is to think deeply about how your skills fit with thier existing backlog and clients. Draw up a list of thier existing clients and show them how you can add value immediately with production and design and help with driving top line revenue with existing clients in the future. It is very Top line driven culture, so focus more on Revenue generating ideas and less on operational effeciency/execution or automation. I was not offered the position, probably due to lack of top line focus.

Interview Questions

• How would you generate new business for our office?   1 Answer
    • How much Revenue/Employee does your current company achieve annually?   1 Answer