Howard University

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.9

Office Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Howard University.

One on one interview with recruiter. He referred me to another vacant position which ultimately proved to be a better fit for both me and the organization. Recruiter set up an interview with the hiring department official for the same day and I was hired me on spot.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? That question always stumps me   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Howard University.

applied online and received a cal back, went in for an interview and it was pretty standard, pay attention to questions other people are asked they want to to remember. It was a group interview, those can always be a little intimidating but in the end it worked out to our advantage it relaxed the nerves you get from interview

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult was trying to explain your weaknesses without seeming like a bad pick   View Answer

IT Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Howard University in March 2013.

Application process takes months. Verification is done only for those who lists advance degree.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to work on a 24 hour shift?   View Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Howard University in April 2009.

It was a standard academic interview. I knew the people from previous contacts so it was fairly relaxed. I talked about my research experience and we discussed the possible projects that I could pursue if I were to join. We'd had some previous discussions on the phone and over e-mail so it was not hard to reach an agreement.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real gotcha questions as it wasn't that type of interview.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Howard University.

Graduate Students, do not go and seek Research Assistantship position in CESaC - Center for Energy and Control Systems. 90% of students there never graduate. Even if you find yourself already in the program, please opt out before you take thesis. The RA being offered by the director is more like slavery work. A word is enough for the wise.

Interview Questions
    • You find yourself doing what the director is suppose to be doing and somehow prolong your graduation.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Howard University in May 2012.

Very good and educating

IT Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Howard University in July 2010.

Its been too long

They do not care about what you want in pay. You will get 15-20K less

Assistant Professor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Howard University in April 2008.

Interviewed with faculty in the department. Very pleasant folks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you contribute to enhance the mission and vision of the college and university?   View Answer

Had a better offer.