Huawei Technologies Business Consultant Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in June 2010.

Interview process is very simple, first you will get a call from HR. Following the call if you are invited to the workplace. You have to summarize your previous experience. They are more eager to know the projects and the customers that you work with than your technical skills. Your contacts with the customer are more valuable than your expertise. No technical interviews or any kind of brain teasing session. Simple and clear discussion, to know that if tomorrow you come to the work what will you do. The work is usually independent as far as consulting is concerned so one has to have strong acumen in working on project individually rather waiting for the instruction.

Interview Questions
  • if you want to relocate to China and move your family there.   View Answer
Negotiation is always there, dont write a number on the form or you will get that. Keep your options open. You can negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in August 2014.

Terrible experience. Interviewed over the phone, by the agency. Then interviewed again by hiring manager over the phone. Then asked in for full interview ( or so I thought) in their glass building in Reading. I arrived early and keen. I was shocked to be rushed through. I was told to prepare a presentation that should last no more than 8 minutes. The topic is complex by any standard. I got 3 people including a CEO of a large company to assist me. I spent more than 20 hours on it.
    The interview was a videoconference. I was sat in front of a 50 inch TV. I was asked question after question by the director with the poker face style. No niceties. No introduction of who they were. What they wanted. Just fact after fact.

They copied my presentation, then I was then told to give my presentation in 3 minutes. Which I did.
    They never asked if they could keep it. It is my information - It belongs to me.

I found it absolutely rude and disgusting when he took a call in the middle of the interview, as if that was totally acceptable.

Frankly I found the interview to be one of the worst in my life ( 20+ years of sales experience and hiring people)

I was given a 'tour of the building' which was a tour of the canteen.
    The outside of the building is fabulous, the inside is another thing. The place is drab and boring. No colour, just gray carpet, with white furniture.

It did not seem to be a convivial work environment.

Horrible, horrible.

Work there if you are desperate. Otherwise avoid unless you speak fluent Cantonese and like poker.

Interview Questions

Worked for Huawei Technologies? Contribute to the Community!