Huawei Technologies

Updated Feb 25, 2015

Director-Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Most disorganized process I've ever experience. Now I understand the term "Chinese fire drill."

Three different job descriptions so nobody could agree on the role or requirements.

Several interviewers failed to show up.

Was asked to travel for an interview with people I'd already interviewed with.

Company took a month to pay expenses

And then....

They changed the role from perm to contract.

Then they refused to let me see the contract I was supposed to agree to and would not answer any of my questions.

Contract did not pay holidays, vacation, overtime or sick days.

Ultimatly they even pulled the contract offer because I asked too many questions they could not answer.

Really felt like a dishonest process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with edge latency in a virtualized RAN environment?   Answer Question

Bait and switch. They kept changing the deal and were very secretive about everything.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in July 2014.

get a phone tell me to interview by telephone, a manager talk to me and asked some general questions. and then several days later, a technical engineer call me again, he asked my project experience. and then, several days later, they two together interview me again in phone, this time they asked me the technical details and work flow as a network engineer.

Interview Questions

it is too far from my home.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I did two rounds of phone interview, quite easy questions. I did not get a fair idea of the position but looked like there are many open positions available

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any question difficult in particular. General computer science questions   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Technology Planning Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies.

got a call from recruiter, found me from linkedin.
    total 3 rounds interviews: colleague, director, head of san diego R&D with HQ director in Shenzhen.
    I'm an internal transferee, it's no much technical questions, general questions about my career path, my past experiences, how to deal with vendors.

Interview Questions
    • How to keep contact with small start-ups with innovative but risky technologies? How to sell those technologies back in HQ?   Answer Question

Transmission Engineer Interview

Basics of Networking concepts, OSI Model, etc

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2013.

the first step was HR interview through the phone. after that was supervisor/ manager's interview. the final step was CFO interview. from my perspective the most important interview is the second one since supervisor is the key person to decide whether he/she wants to work with you.

HR is nice and reasonable. the offer and benefit package is good.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

They have a phone interview process for basic questions. After that it would be a individual interview that will ask what is written in your resumes.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared what you are applying technically. What the company wants and what they looking for on that positions.   Answer Question

Principal Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Several informal phone interviews, and one informal on-site visit with the managers, then a formal half-day on site interviews with four team members. The questions varies. Some asked about your past experience, and what you had learned from it. Some asked about the state of the industry. Some gave you some scenarios and looked for an answer that he didn't yet know.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to solve a huge challenge that the industry is yet to encounter.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Went through a handful of phone interviews, some of which discussed technical responsibilities and some of which discussing the project itself. There was a technical phone interview as well where I discussed many common interview questions with the interviewer. This interview took about 45 minutes to an hour.
    After the interviews were completed, I was sent and NDA form and asked to sign it. After the fact, there were more phone calls about the compensation and relocation and start date.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

first round - general aptitude questions
    second round - Technical questions
    Third question - HR
    Mostly Networking questions

Interview Questions
    • Networking related question : What is the need of layer 3   Answer Question