Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

first round - general aptitude questions
    second round - Technical questions
    Third question - HR
    Mostly Networking questions

Interview Questions

• Networking related question : What is the need of layer 3   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

very difficult critiqued me on everything

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward and primarily technical in nature

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic C language questions.
    Basic Communication concepts, coding, modulation, equalization.

Core Network Engineer Interview

Interview

My resume was forwarded to one of the department managers by one of my undergrad classmates. Initially there was an HR interview. Then was 2 technical interviews before all the department heads (technical). I showed my preference for the network switching system dept and eventually was recruited to work for them.

Interview Questions

• My undergrad was in Electrical and Electronic. Very few things I knew that they were asking. Though I prepared better for the second technical interview. They liked the fact that I am willing to learn and I can learn quickly.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Referred by friend. Took a long time between interviews. Lots of deception during interview. Particular interest in existing customers and business

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Huawei Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

it is easy to get a job within huawei, if your attitude is positive, if you have good resume, the hiring manager basically have not so much knowledge about what you are doing or what the industry is doing.

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX).

Interview

Got a phone interview from the HR employee and set an on-site one.

Interview Questions

• Asked to identify how many antennas are there in a cellphone   1 Answer

Negotiation

When can I become a full time employee?

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

First and foremost, I am really glad that I perused Glassdoor.com before even interviewing with Huawei. I did so quite extensively (eg. the employee opinions section, the interview feedback section, the salaries section, etc).

That being said, I must say that I do in fact agree with the vast majority of unflattering opinions and cautionary advice posted on this site regarding Huawei by its employees and those that interviewed with Huawei US.

This is how it went for me:

• I had applied for this role, where the candidate would oversee M&A activity and various other Biz Dev efforts for the R&D division with an emphasis on the enterprise segment based out of the Santa Clara office;

• A recruiter contacted me to set-up a 1:1 phone discussion with the hiring manager (VP of Strategy, a former Cisco guy);

• The discussion started off fine, but as we progressed, and like many of you have posted on this site, this VP was also extremely evasive, clandestine, secretive and misleading as to Huawei’s operations in the US;

• I can understand that due to obvious non-disclosure clauses in place, he might not have been able to share with me strategy and vision, but my questions were very generic based on the job description. For example:

My question: The fact that the US Government has banned Huawei US from making acquisitions in the US of both private (VC/non-public) and public entities, how do you expect this candidate to source M&A targets?

His response: We will try to work around this. No further explanation.

My question: The widely reported fact that Symantec called-off its Joint Venture with Huawei due to grave concerns raised that Symantec couldn’t bid on federal contracts because of its partnership with controversial Huawei. Would this pose a problem for partnerships?

His response: I don’t think so. No additional elaboration.

My question: Recently, the Australian government prohibited Huawei from bidding on a $38B broadband contract and the US Government is doing likewise because they are leery of Huawei’s close ties to the Chinese government. How do you expect the candidate to strike deals with domestic service providers?

His response: I am not sure, but we have to think of something. He then quickly changed topics.

My question: You mentioned that you have been involved in “many M&A deals” for Huawei of US based targets. Can you name some of the deals that are public information?

His response: I don’t know of any right-off my head. The Q&A was verging on complete absurdity and ridiculousness – I just stopped right there.

The VP indicated that he would get back to me with feedback, but of course, Huawei US (and him) being utterly unprofessional, discourteous, disingenuous and irresponsible, I not at all surprised I didn’t hear back from him or the recruiter.

Fortunately, for me, while I was interviewing with Huawei, I was also interviewing for a senior Corporate Development role at this large cap Bay Area F500 tech that is heavily active in the M&A cycle. I was made an offer and I accepted. I am glad Huawei didn’t work out for me. Being associated with a company such as Huawei that is widely tarnished in the press for its surreptitious ways would’ve been damaging to my impeccable career. Interview (and work) with Huawei at your peril.

Interview Questions

• Can you share some of your previous industry contacts with Huawei, if hired?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

-I had 2 skype interviews with the hiring managers and the director. They then asked me to drive to a nearby division for another ( final) TV interview. Inever get a chance to fly there and believe it was due to the cost.
    -Overall no difficult question at all. They want to know what type of experience you had in that particular position.
    -The final one they asked me to put a PPT about this position. I reported to the rpesident who was in TV.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what is your understanding about this position ? You need to mention what is the key to impress the director.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined first as they mentioned about the budget is tight. The offer is only a few thounds above my current level.
    Then the recuiter came back after two weeks and gave me 16% salary increase. It is still under my expecation but I am looking at the long term growth for this company. The bonus also sounds good.