Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

-I had 2 skype interviews with the hiring managers and the director. They then asked me to drive to a nearby division for another ( final) TV interview. Inever get a chance to fly there and believe it was due to the cost. -Overall no difficult question at all. They want to know what type of experience you had in that particular position. -The final one they asked me to put a PPT about this position. I reported to the rpesident who was in TV.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what is your understanding about this position ? You need to mention what is the key to impress the director.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined first as they mentioned about the budget is tight. The offer is only a few thounds above my current level. Then the recuiter came back after two weeks and gave me 16% salary increase. It is still under my expecation but I am looking at the long term growth for this company. The bonus also sounds good.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

contact with the customer and the engineer to enhance the service.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Dumb and ill-informed by American standards. Good intentions aside, they have difficulty finding qualified talent to run the show. Not worth the trouble to interview here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in May 2012.

Interview

Applied in the college job fair for the technical support engineer position. Three basic rounds of interview in face. 1. one-to-one interview to discuss the basic fit and several technical issue. 2. group interview where a group of candidates are interviewed together, select some one performs better. 3. one-to-one interview with one type of manager to mainly ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• In a team, what do you think is the most significant thing?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview and a panel interview. Overall the interview questions were average. Several questions on projects and basic questions on telecommunications were asked.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

phone interview followed by in person interview followed by telepresence interview with China team

Interview Questions

• some basic C++ and C questions and mostly on the resume and domain knowledge.   Answer Question
    • china team asked every thing in my resume, so be prepare to answer any questions on the domains mentioned in resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

thir offer is better than my previous base salary, so there was not much room to negotiate

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The communication is friendly, but sometimes there might be stressful test question to reflect your ability. Generally, there will be 4 or 5 rounds interview. It is better to prepare some professional opinions for your application position. They expect you are the expert in the domain.

Interview Questions

• Your background is not matched, why do you think you are competent?   Answer Question

ESL Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial interviews were done over the phone. Afterwards, I was brought into the office where I had interviews with about 4 different groups of people, some video phoned, some in person. I was asked about specific topics and was expected to be able to discuss what I would do and had to demonstrate what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a centralized queue management system could be used for streaming communications.   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not much room to negotiate. The offer was a very large increase from my previous base salary so I had little room to try to get more.

CTO- User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

interviewed by manager only

Interview Questions

• why work for a chinese company run from china   1 Answer

Negotiation

mediium

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted application through linkedIn. Had on-site interview within a week. General and technical questions asked including previous projects contribution. Received oral offer in about 2 weeks, but the paper work took 1.5 months to complete before starting work.

Interview Questions

• Basic concept on ASIC design. Describe previous projects in design-detail   Answer Question