Huawei Technologies

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in May 2012.

Dumb and ill-informed by American standards. Good intentions aside, they have difficulty finding qualified talent to run the show. Not worth the trouble to interview here.

Simple.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in May 2012.

Applied in the college job fair for the technical support engineer position. Three basic rounds of interview in face. 1. one-to-one interview to discuss the basic fit and several technical issue. 2. group interview where a group of candidates are interviewed together, select some one performs better. 3. one-to-one interview with one type of manager to mainly ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • In a team, what do you think is the most significant thing?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2012.

The interview consisted of a phone interview and a panel interview. Overall the interview questions were average. Several questions on projects and basic questions on telecommunications were asked.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2012.

phone interview followed by in person interview followed by telepresence interview with China team

Interview Questions
    • some basic C++ and C questions and mostly on the resume and domain knowledge.   Answer Question
    • china team asked every thing in my resume, so be prepare to answer any questions on the domains mentioned in resume.   Answer Question
    thir offer is better than my previous base salary, so there was not much room to negotiate

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2012.

The communication is friendly, but sometimes there might be stressful test question to reflect your ability. Generally, there will be 4 or 5 rounds interview. It is better to prepare some professional opinions for your application position. They expect you are the expert in the domain.

Interview Questions
    • Your background is not matched, why do you think you are competent?   Answer Question

ESL Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2011.

Initial interviews were done over the phone. Afterwards, I was brought into the office where I had interviews with about 4 different groups of people, some video phoned, some in person. I was asked about specific topics and was expected to be able to discuss what I would do and had to demonstrate what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how a centralized queue management system could be used for streaming communications.   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question
    Was not much room to negotiate. The offer was a very large increase from my previous base salary so I had little room to try to get more.

CTO- User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2011.

interviewed by manager only

Interview Questions
    • why work for a chinese company run from china   View Answer
    mediium

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in November 2011.

It was pretty easy. Just met few people from US office and had conference call with Team Leader from China to brief them over my resume! No difficult questions...:)

Very rigid. Not much room to ask for more $$

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in October 2011.

Pleasant. Did not ask any question regarding my current job/project. General discussion on past experience and approach to problems in my field of work.

Once you give your current compensation, they will typically match it and throw in 2/3 yr sign on bonus. Take care to give your complete total comp, not just salary and bonus. Because Huawei does not have RSU/stock option/ESPP etc.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2011.

One phone and one onsite interview. Questions were based on masters coursework and projects. Explained about the heirarchy in company. Manager was very friendly. Lasted for 2 hours. Good interview experience overall