Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2012.

The interview consisted of a phone interview and a panel interview. Overall the interview questions were average. Several questions on projects and basic questions on telecommunications were asked.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2012.

phone interview followed by in person interview followed by telepresence interview with China team

Interview Questions
    • some basic C++ and C questions and mostly on the resume and domain knowledge.   Answer Question
    • china team asked every thing in my resume, so be prepare to answer any questions on the domains mentioned in resume.   Answer Question
    thir offer is better than my previous base salary, so there was not much room to negotiate

ESL Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2011.

Initial interviews were done over the phone. Afterwards, I was brought into the office where I had interviews with about 4 different groups of people, some video phoned, some in person. I was asked about specific topics and was expected to be able to discuss what I would do and had to demonstrate what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how a centralized queue management system could be used for streaming communications.   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question
    Was not much room to negotiate. The offer was a very large increase from my previous base salary so I had little room to try to get more.

CTO- User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2011.

interviewed by manager only

Interview Questions
    • why work for a chinese company run from china   View Answer
    mediium

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in November 2011.

It was pretty easy. Just met few people from US office and had conference call with Team Leader from China to brief them over my resume! No difficult questions...:)

Very rigid. Not much room to ask for more $$

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in October 2011.

Pleasant. Did not ask any question regarding my current job/project. General discussion on past experience and approach to problems in my field of work.

Once you give your current compensation, they will typically match it and throw in 2/3 yr sign on bonus. Take care to give your complete total comp, not just salary and bonus. Because Huawei does not have RSU/stock option/ESPP etc.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2011.

One phone and one onsite interview. Questions were based on masters coursework and projects. Explained about the heirarchy in company. Manager was very friendly. Lasted for 2 hours. Good interview experience overall

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in November 2010.

I interviewed the manager and the I.T. Team, then two months later they were ready to hire me. It took that long for them to get the paperwork done through HQ (China)

I was asked via the telephone what my expectations were. I was given a range and I chose a middle number to be competitive.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiting firm working on behalf of Huawei and got to interview with a Director and her boss, a VP/CMO in their Santa Clara office. The lady was very nice and cordial, but the guy was absolutely arrogant, and obnoxious. He kept answering his phone in the middle of the interview, and said that my work at my previous company didn't count for much at all. Finally, when it was my turn to ask him questions, I turned the tables on him, and told him that the Huawei's margins were way too thin to be competitive in the future (quoting from a WSJ article). He then went off on a rant about how the American media was biased against China, but then finally complimented me on doing good research on the company. The lady then got back to me 2 weeks later and asked me to come in for a 2nd round but I politely declined by saying that I had another job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your accomplishments in your previous job   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in August 2010.

Single day interview which had a written test and the selected ones will be interviewed the same day. Had three rounds of interview. 2 technical and 1 HR. Technical round was fairly easy. Once you reach HR round, the job is almost sure.