Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2012.

The interview consisted of a phone interview and a panel interview. Overall the interview questions were average. Several questions on projects and basic questions on telecommunications were asked.

ESL Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2011.

Initial interviews were done over the phone. Afterwards, I was brought into the office where I had interviews with about 4 different groups of people, some video phoned, some in person. I was asked about specific topics and was expected to be able to discuss what I would do and had to demonstrate what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how a centralized queue management system could be used for streaming communications.   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question
    Was not much room to negotiate. The offer was a very large increase from my previous base salary so I had little room to try to get more.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2009.

just like any other company, nothing special

reasonable

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiting firm working on behalf of Huawei and got to interview with a Director and her boss, a VP/CMO in their Santa Clara office. The lady was very nice and cordial, but the guy was absolutely arrogant, and obnoxious. He kept answering his phone in the middle of the interview, and said that my work at my previous company didn't count for much at all. Finally, when it was my turn to ask him questions, I turned the tables on him, and told him that the Huawei's margins were way too thin to be competitive in the future (quoting from a WSJ article). He then went off on a rant about how the American media was biased against China, but then finally complimented me on doing good research on the company. The lady then got back to me 2 weeks later and asked me to come in for a 2nd round but I politely declined by saying that I had another job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your accomplishments in your previous job   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in June 2010.

Technical interview, Director interview, HR interview, VP interview, CEO interview. Communication is very important. You have to have good picture of the job, future. You must have passion on this job. You must understand the job. I like the whole process, it is efficient. And it will find people match this company very well. .

Network Operations Center Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in November 2009.

I was called by a peer of mine that knew my work ethics/abilities and was asked to review an opening for a NOC Supervisor position within the company.

After I reviewed the details of the position, I went ahead and submitted my application.

I got an impromptu call the next day from an HR rep discussing the position, my background, work history, and my salary requirements. She then set up an 'in-person' interview to meet with the HR Manager and the Hiring manager/director of the NOC.

The following Monday, I went to the companies location for the 2 interviews. I met with the HR manager first. She gave me some veru goo details about the company, advised me of what they were looking for, and pretty much prepped me for the next interview with the hiring director.

I then met with the hiring manager/director and discussed tons of things!! The company, the team, we went over my background/work history... was asked alot of situational questions pertaining to team management, development of individuals, identifying, setting, and meeting center goals and objectives... and more.. some technical questions... and just some questions about myself...

I then went back to meet with the HR manager and was advised I would be getting a call to discuss next next steps.

Well.... I never received that call!! I thought the interviews and all went really well. I provided them with letters of recommendation as well as a 30-60-90 day entrance plan for success.

Great experience, though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you didnt agree with your direct managers business decision. What did you do to share your dislike regarding the decision? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2007.

I have been referred by my friend. It is too important. After one phone interview, we set a onsite interview. One day interview include: one on one, group meeting, and one presentation has been gived. After onsite interview, if both are interested, go to further process. Then HR will talk the offer, and negotiate the offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2008.

they ask me if i'm us citizen, i said no and boom, good bye/

Web Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

2 Technical Round, 1 manager's round, 1 Delivery Manager round, 1 HR round.... Interview process was too long.... Interview was average tough... Exceptions are high with respect to knowledge.

No negotiation

Senior Accounting Associate, Revenue Cost Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

I didn't applied for any job position in Huawei Technologies, however I've received an interview invitation email from human resource. There are 3 stages interview sections conducted in a day, as stated in below:-

1st stage- Technical questions were asked by related department manager (eg, revenue recognition)
    2nd stage- Common questions were asked by HR (eg, tell me about yourself, weakness and strengths, why should we hire you)
    3rd stage- Final stage was carried out by Director who is from China. Questions mostly about personality and some technical questions. (eg, scenario questions will be given and requested to answer the accounting treatments based on the scenario, why join Huawei Technologies)

Overall, the interview was quite casual and job scope will be explained in detail.

Interview Questions
    • Why join Huawei Technologies while its competitors are hiring staff at the same time as well? Compare the advantages between its competitors and the company itself.   Answer Question