Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

One phone and one onsite interview. Questions were based on masters coursework and projects. Explained about the heirarchy in company. Manager was very friendly. Lasted for 2 hours. Good interview experience overall

Senior Engineer CMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (India, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview has been done for 6 rounds and it took 2 days to complete this and to receive an offer letter it took around 20 days day one it will be 3 technical rounds and each round it tooks around 45 mins to one hour and next day it will be 2 manager round and it was took 30 mins max then finally HR round it took around 30 mins

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I interviewed the manager and the I.T. Team, then two months later they were ready to hire me. It took that long for them to get the paperwork done through HQ (China)

Negotiation

I was asked via the telephone what my expectations were. I was given a range and I chose a middle number to be competitive.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm working on behalf of Huawei and got to interview with a Director and her boss, a VP/CMO in their Santa Clara office. The lady was very nice and cordial, but the guy was absolutely arrogant, and obnoxious. He kept answering his phone in the middle of the interview, and said that my work at my previous company didn't count for much at all. Finally, when it was my turn to ask him questions, I turned the tables on him, and told him that the Huawei's margins were way too thin to be competitive in the future (quoting from a WSJ article). He then went off on a rant about how the American media was biased against China, but then finally complimented me on doing good research on the company. The lady then got back to me 2 weeks later and asked me to come in for a 2nd round but I politely declined by saying that I had another job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your accomplishments in your previous job   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in August 2010.

Interview

Single day interview which had a written test and the selected ones will be interviewed the same day. Had three rounds of interview. 2 technical and 1 HR. Technical round was fairly easy. Once you reach HR round, the job is almost sure.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Antonio, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process is very simple, first you will get a call from HR. Following the call if you are invited to the workplace. You have to summarize your previous experience. They are more eager to know the projects and the customers that you work with than your technical skills. Your contacts with the customer are more valuable than your expertise. No technical interviews or any kind of brain teasing session. Simple and clear discussion, to know that if tomorrow you come to the work what will you do. The work is usually independent as far as consulting is concerned so one has to have strong acumen in working on project individually rather waiting for the instruction.

Interview Questions

• if you want to relocate to China and move your family there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is always there, dont write a number on the form or you will get that. Keep your options open. You can negotiate.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Technical interview, Director interview, HR interview, VP interview, CEO interview. Communication is very important. You have to have good picture of the job, future. You must have passion on this job. You must understand the job. I like the whole process, it is efficient. And it will find people match this company very well. .

Senior Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Illegal and biase

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I needed a job and told them what it would take to hire me. They made a very low offer in which I declined and the came back and offer exactly what I requested.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

I was called by a peer of mine that knew my work ethics/abilities and was asked to review an opening for a NOC Supervisor position within the company.

After I reviewed the details of the position, I went ahead and submitted my application.

I got an impromptu call the next day from an HR rep discussing the position, my background, work history, and my salary requirements. She then set up an 'in-person' interview to meet with the HR Manager and the Hiring manager/director of the NOC.

The following Monday, I went to the companies location for the 2 interviews. I met with the HR manager first. She gave me some veru goo details about the company, advised me of what they were looking for, and pretty much prepped me for the next interview with the hiring director.

I then met with the hiring manager/director and discussed tons of things!! The company, the team, we went over my background/work history... was asked alot of situational questions pertaining to team management, development of individuals, identifying, setting, and meeting center goals and objectives... and more.. some technical questions... and just some questions about myself...

I then went back to meet with the HR manager and was advised I would be getting a call to discuss next next steps.

Well.... I never received that call!! I thought the interviews and all went really well. I provided them with letters of recommendation as well as a 30-60-90 day entrance plan for success.

Great experience, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you didnt agree with your direct managers business decision. What did you do to share your dislike regarding the decision? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Technical Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Dallas, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Got a phone call from recruiter who found my resume from Monster.com. After the call, he scheduled 2 phone interviews and them I was flied to Dallas for on-site interview. Talked with 3 or 4 people: hiring manager, related team manager, 2nd tier manager.

Interview Questions

• Since I have been working overseas for many years, the most difficult question was how to prove that I can handle the job in US.   Answer Question