Huawei Technologies

Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

Project Manager Interview

Recently attended interview at Huawei. Completed 1 technical and managerial Interview and suddenly there is no communication from HR. Asked about the feedback several times whether it is Positive or negative, but there is no response from HR. There is should be clear communication to the candidates whether it is +ve or -ve. Just wondering what kind of culture Huawei is following. I suspect Huawei is simply giving job adds with out having real requirement and wasting candidates time. Those who are applying for Huawei should consider this Culture.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are pretty easy but managerial interview is very random and he does not know what he is asking.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

First Step: Phone interview, asked what I did in my thesis. We had some discussions on standards, OFDM etc. It was a short interview, 30 min only
    Second step: On site interview. I presented my summary of research. They asked questions on the work I did. I met in total a 5/6 engineers there. They asked critical questions on my work. Such as justify your assumptions, how it would work if employed in LTE etc.? At a later stage, they asked about MIMO.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them were based on my thesis. Some questions were based on coding and decoding, that needed me some time to explain   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in October 2014.

Found me through jobstreet. Went for the interview. Go through the Hr manager then the marketing manager. 2 interviews in total. I guess they are looking for young working adult that is not prepared to get marry soon.

Interview Questions

Long working hours and have to work on weekend which might not be given day off.

Huawei 2012 Lab Researcher Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Campus interview. Telephone appointment. Talk one by one. Very tough on majors. No good impression on me. There is little training for staff, and a severe competition for each other.

Web Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

2 Technical Round, 1 manager's round, 1 Delivery Manager round, 1 HR round.... Interview process was too long.... Interview was average tough... Exceptions are high with respect to knowledge.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2014.

Initial Aptitude round had around 60 questions, then 2 technical rounds,1 managerial round,1 hr round. Results were told immediately once you finish your interview. Technical rounds were on C and C++. And questions will be based on the skills mentioned in the resume. Be strong at your technical skills mentioned in your resume. Depending on your performance you might be a contract employee or a permanent employee.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions on C,C++ and DBMS. Program to find whether the linked list is circular was one of the questions asked.   Answer Question

Senior Accounting Associate, Revenue Cost Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

I didn't applied for any job position in Huawei Technologies, however I've received an interview invitation email from human resource. There are 3 stages interview sections conducted in a day, as stated in below:-

1st stage- Technical questions were asked by related department manager (eg, revenue recognition)
    2nd stage- Common questions were asked by HR (eg, tell me about yourself, weakness and strengths, why should we hire you)
    3rd stage- Final stage was carried out by Director who is from China. Questions mostly about personality and some technical questions. (eg, scenario questions will be given and requested to answer the accounting treatments based on the scenario, why join Huawei Technologies)

Overall, the interview was quite casual and job scope will be explained in detail.

Interview Questions
    • Why join Huawei Technologies while its competitors are hiring staff at the same time as well? Compare the advantages between its competitors and the company itself.   Answer Question

Systems Architect Interview

1 phone interview. Interviewer was basically looking for only one thing and not interested in asking any other questions. Not really interested in the answer either. Seemed to have made up his mind right after the introductions.

Software Engineer Interview

1.What is the most challenge thing you met before.
    2.What is your career plan.
    3.How to cooperate with your team member.
    1.What is the most challenge thing you met before.
    2.What is your career plan.
    3.How to cooperate with your team member.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in August 2014.

Terrible experience. Interviewed over the phone, by the agency. Then interviewed again by hiring manager over the phone. Then asked in for full interview ( or so I thought) in their glass building in Reading. I arrived early and keen. I was shocked to be rushed through. I was told to prepare a presentation that should last no more than 8 minutes. The topic is complex by any standard. I got 3 people including a CEO of a large company to assist me. I spent more than 20 hours on it.
    The interview was a videoconference. I was sat in front of a 50 inch TV. I was asked question after question by the director with the poker face style. No niceties. No introduction of who they were. What they wanted. Just fact after fact.

They copied my presentation, then I was then told to give my presentation in 3 minutes. Which I did.
    They never asked if they could keep it. It is my information - It belongs to me.

I found it absolutely rude and disgusting when he took a call in the middle of the interview, as if that was totally acceptable.

Frankly I found the interview to be one of the worst in my life ( 20+ years of sales experience and hiring people)

I was given a 'tour of the building' which was a tour of the canteen.
    The outside of the building is fabulous, the inside is another thing. The place is drab and boring. No colour, just gray carpet, with white furniture.

It did not seem to be a convivial work environment.

Horrible, horrible.

Work there if you are desperate. Otherwise avoid unless you speak fluent Cantonese and like poker.