Huawei Technologies Product Manager Interview Questions

3.7

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiting firm working on behalf of Huawei and got to interview with a Director and her boss, a VP/CMO in their Santa Clara office. The lady was very nice and cordial, but the guy was absolutely arrogant, and obnoxious. He kept answering his phone in the middle of the interview, and said that my work at my previous company didn't count for much at all. Finally, when it was my turn to ask him questions, I turned the tables on him, and told him that the Huawei's margins were way too thin to be competitive in the future (quoting from a WSJ article). He then went off on a rant about how the American media was biased against China, but then finally complimented me on doing good research on the company. The lady then got back to me 2 weeks later and asked me to come in for a 2nd round but I politely declined by saying that I had another job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your accomplishments in your previous job   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Product Manager Interview

Application usually online, mostly through Jobstreet. Standard process is for HR to vet applicants with relevant hiring department. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by HR first, then interviewed by hiring department. Third interview is pretty much a formality, by director of hiring department. HR will then negotiate salary with the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Huawei's ideal employees are young, speak Mandarin, prepared to travel at the shortest notice, to the remotest of places, and stay there for the longest of tenures, for as little pay as possible.   Answer Question
    Make sure you get a good salary to begin with, as increments are hard to get.

Product Manager Interview

Planning for the interview started with a recruiter contact me through linked in.
    The interview was setup with their director of PM - who is based in US, but deputed from China
    Timing was flexible, but it got postponed due to mutual unavailability
    The interview itself was less than co-ordial
    The role sounded secondary to R&D based in China. Travel to China was reqd, but thats not a big surprise
    Surprising that customers are in the US, but still decision making seemed to be based in mainland

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2010.

I was referred into Huawei through a former collegue. Huawei management was very interested in my experience and they called same day i sent my resume via email. I was in the next day for interviews. They interviews went fine, good actually. Fairly typical questions for product management, covering both functional skills and industry knowledge. The interviews ended with a question from the senior manager asking me to email my thoughts on how to enter the US market. I also spoke with HR before I left. I did my due deligence and sent my email with my thoughts. I never heard back from Huawei, even after repeated emails to the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are my thoughts on how Huawei can best enter the US cable market.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in April 2010.

Require to fill in employment form before interviewing. Interviewer came from mainland China, communication was abit of a challenge. Majority of the interview was going through the CV, literary line by line, trying to identify faults in the CV. Before ending, interviewer stated HR will contact me if successful otherwise NO call.
    I found out my interview was unsuccessful after a week from chasing up with HR. Try to get some feedback from HR but had a difficult time trying to speak the HR. It seems HR never answer his phone, both mobile and desk phone. Very frustrated with the company, poor interviewing process and very unhelpful HR department.

Worked for Huawei Technologies? Contribute to the Community!