Huawei Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

75 interviews

3.1

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

First you will have written exam. Mostly aptitude questions with easy maths. Ones the written round is cleared, two rounds of personal interview would be held. Interview questions were easy. Mostly logical ones. Give yourself some time & it is done.

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guwahati (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in February 2012.

Aptitude and Programming Combined Written Test. Qualified people are called for a 4-hour, 4-round interview consisting of Technical, Programming, Management and HR rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Some rare puzzles in Technical rounds, some interesting thread level discussions in programming   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Biggest surprize . Written Test n paper in C language
    Followed by at least 4 technical interviews

Interview Questions
    • A lady was murdered on a road. Police found her husband's contact from one of the documents. Police informed him about demise of his wife. He said it is impossible and could not believe the police. Police asked him to arrive on to the spot to verify. Upon arriving police arrested him. How police established the case?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in January 2014.

The hiring process includes:
    1. A written test(Aptitude, C/Java. You have to choose between C and Java).20 questions per section for one hour. If appeared for Java section, you have to go through a programming section over Java, but the programs are easy.
    2. Technical Interview- all about your resume and puzzles
    3. HR Interview

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

First Written test,apps and C,C++/JAVA cut off will be very high, if You clear the written test then tech interview,will be fully with your resume be prepared everything on your resume and hr normal questions. ALL THE BEST

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2011.

Interview process is pretty easy !
    Need to know about C, C++ and other object oriented programming languages.
    HR interview,one can clear easily provided you got through in technical interviews

For a fresher, compensation is comparative to standard companies. Later hikes , they will create a mess !

Interview Questions
    • There was one question like, "If asked to work on your marriage date, would you like to work ?"   View Answer
    The salary was fixed and I joined as a fresher and there was no chance to negotiate. I was happy with the compensation proposed

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Basically 3 rounds.
    1.Written-MCQ, 3 sections,you have a choice in either Java or C Programming, Aptitude is mandatory. Easy,40 questions in 1 hour.
    Note:- In case you attempt Java like me you have to write 6 program, in half an hour time. Though the programs are easy -> Bubble sort, Series Printing and likewise.
    2. Technical Interview-One on one technical interview, mine lasted for 1 and half hour. The interviewer initially asked good questions, but after few minutes he asked me some puzzles, which I wasn't able to answer. Beware of the puzzles.
    3. HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Program- how to divide a number without using division operator.
      Puzzles- You have a set of 3 light switches outside a closed door. One of them controls the light inside the room. With the door closed from outside the room, you can turn the light switches on or off as many times as you would like.
      You can go into the room - one time only - to see the light. You cannot see the whether the light is on or off from outside the room, nor can you change the light switches while inside the room.
      No one else is in the room to help you. The room has no windows.
      Based on the information above, how would you determine which of the three light switches controls the light inside the room?
        View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

I joined Huawei as a freshers . I got that job from campus recruitment. I had one Written round , one technical round , one Hr round.

Interview Questions
    • Most of question asked from my CV. They gave some problem based on the skill written on my CV. I remember they asked about self joining.   Answer Question
    Not applicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in January 2009.

invited to a off-campus recruitment drive.
    Very bad management of the drive though (no food, water so go prepared)
    A written round with 25 q each in aptitude and C/DS
    a viva on C and DS (asked basic string manipulations, atoi etc and a few puzzles)
    A senior interview (by the director of engineering) for technical knowledge, projects - comparatively friendly than the last one
    A basic HR round
    all rounds are knock out :-)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Huawei Technologies in June 2009.

Normal interview questions, C++ and data structures