Huawei Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Basically 3 rounds.
1.Written-MCQ, 3 sections,you have a choice in either Java or C Programming, Aptitude is mandatory. Easy,40 questions in 1 hour.
Note:- In case you attempt Java like me you have to write 6 program, in half an hour time. Though the programs are easy -> Bubble sort, Series Printing and likewise.
2. Technical Interview-One on one technical interview, mine lasted for 1 and half hour. The interviewer initially asked good questions, but after few minutes he asked me some puzzles, which I wasn't able to answer. Beware of the puzzles.
3. HR interview

Interview Questions

• Program- how to divide a number without using division operator.
    Puzzles- You have a set of 3 light switches outside a closed door. One of them controls the light inside the room. With the door closed from outside the room, you can turn the light switches on or off as many times as you would like.
    You can go into the room - one time only - to see the light. You cannot see the whether the light is on or off from outside the room, nor can you change the light switches while inside the room.
    No one else is in the room to help you. The room has no windows.
    Based on the information above, how would you determine which of the three light switches controls the light inside the room?

3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Application

Interview

The hiring process includes:
    1. A written test(Aptitude, C/Java. You have to choose between C and Java).20 questions per section for one hour. If appeared for Java section, you have to go through a programming section over Java, but the programs are easy.
    2. Technical Interview- all about your resume and puzzles
    3. HR Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

I joined Huawei as a freshers . I got that job from campus recruitment. I had one Written round , one technical round , one Hr round.

Interview Questions

• Most of question asked from my CV. They gave some problem based on the skill written on my CV. I remember they asked about self joining.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview had an initial aptitude round followed by two rounds of technical interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

5 Rounds
    I joined being a fresher
    1. Written (C,C++,Apti)
    2. Technical 1 (Engg Projects, Background Domain Knowledge Based on your Engg Brach ECE,CS etc, Puzzle)
    3 Technical 2 (C,C++,Data Structure,Puzzle)
    4. Managerial Round (Some basic technical questions like stack, queue , gdb) & then basic questions (Shrot term , long term goal, tell me about yourself etc)
    5. HR Round (just basic for conforming if you are interested to work for the position with salary)

Interview Questions

• Engg Projects, Background Domain Knowledge,C,C++,Data Structure,Puzzle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Interview

Consisted of written test followed by 2 technical interviews and a managerial round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Written test, Technical Interview, Management interview and HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

1st there will be apti and technical written round.Each of 20 questions.Apti will be mainly based on pipes and cisterns,percentage,probability. If selected there will be three technical rounds mainly based on the profile for which they have called for.Usually there will be logical questions in each round and they may ask to write programs.

Interview Questions

• Find the inside vowels in a string.without using any of the string API.
      ex : this is a main function.
      Ans should be ai in main and i in this io in function

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone first by HR
    Phone again by Team manager
    Onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bangalore (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

there were 5 rounds
    1. written : basically questions were on c and c++ and apti
    2. interview 1st : all the basic concepts of c,c++ and datastructures were asked
    3. interview 2nd : Mostly programs were being asked
    4. managerial round : some normal expected hr questions and question about linux , programming and SDLC
    5. HR interview : normal question...

Interview Questions

• How much you will stay in the company after getting the job....   1 Answer