Huawei Technologies

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

80 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview Questions
  • Too easy. Just some data structures and algorithm design questions. Remember to prepare extra on hashtable and BST.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in October 2012.

It had been divided into 5 major parts: paper test (morning), tech interview(morning), group interview(afternoon), personality test(afternoon) and department leader interview(afternoon). Each of the interview will filter some people. The paper/tech test are most about basic knowledge and not that difficult for a 3~5 years programmer. The other interview processes are up to yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part is the group interview. Most of the un-coporate guys are failed. And u need show your benefit in descent way, not too over, not too shy, to be yourself that comfort the team.   Answer Question

Cause I am not satisfied with the salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2012.

I took the interview on campus recruiting, there were 4 round, in the tech interview, they asked me to write down the out put of a code. That was not difficult.
    In the group interview, we got a debate on one topic.
    The third and the fourth interview were conducted by the boss of departments, maybe, they asked me if I was the only child in my family, am I willing to travel, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Entry : Through off campus walkin.
    Number of rounds : 6
    first round : Aptitude test of one hr duration. Questions were objective and from maths and english
    second round : Written technical test. Had a choice to opt for c++/java. It
    was of two hrs duration and questions were related to basics of programming language and some programs.
    Third round : six puzzles to be solved in one and a half hour.It was a written test
    Fourth round : Technical interview : Consisted of questions from data structure , mostly tree, two puzzles and a program on pointer.
    Fifth round: Managerial round : It was the most interesting round. It was taken by a very lively lady who later became my role model. The interview consisted of technical questions from operating system, programming basics, DBMS and puzzles(again!!). Also the conversation centered about personality related questions like strengths and weakness, general awareness, etc

Interview Questions
    • unexpected question : Are you willing to work from nine to nine? This hob may require to do so.   View Answer
    As a fresher I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies.

fresh out of college, 2 rounds of interviews. A multiple question test as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in May 2012.

I would like to thank Huawei guys for the opportunity to
    meet with them and to get a feel for the Software Engineer.

I found the questions asked during interview to be very
    engaging and it was exciting to be able to meet the team - a very
    knowledgeable and friendly group of people.

Interview served to reinforce my interest in becoming part
    of the team.

Interview Questions
    • implement Stack by yourself, and reverse the content of it without using any extra memory space ?   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ernākulam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ernākulam (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in February 2012.

it s a five stage process... each process r elimination....
    first s aptitude test... quite ok ....
    second is technical round
    third s next technical round..
    fourth an hr round
    fifth again a hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in February 2012.

We got connected to Huawei interview process via cocubes.com .
     They had our details already . May be they took from mindtree or college not sure .
    We where asked to fill cocubes resume online . Once submitted it is mandatory to attend interview . You are also asked to take print outs of resume.
    I am from Karnataka . As per my knowledge online test was conducted at 3 different centres .

Online test had 20 aptitute test and 20 prgming C or java (ur choice)
    apti is quite different and easy . It had questions like
    >> if ram does a work in 2 days .. shyam in 4 days .. how much time dey ll take to do together ..
     >> find relationship between two persons if one is mother of son of ... bla bla
    >> find missing number in series
    and some more simple puzzle questions . If u r avg u can easily score . need to be patient . der ll be sufficient time
    2nd part . i choosed c . questions mostly on increment decrement lik i++ j-- , scope of variables , linked list , struct and unions .
    If u score above 10 in both u r in for next round

Next der r 4 rounds . 2 purely tech taken by junior members . 1 tech + HR by senior member and last HR
    First 3 rounds r similar .. only difference is the intensity of question .. questions ll be lik on ur stream favourite subject + prgmn lik c + puzzles

My stream is E&C so questions wher on flip flop .. decoder .. network protocols .. simple assembly pgm .. questions where dead easy .
    questions on c where on increment decrement .. linked list .. string .. scope of variables
    few puzzles ll be asked in each round to see ur approach .
    If u r CS student u might be asked on OS , database
    last round is HR . here all lively questions are asked on our family .. our aims .. other company offers . and whether u r ready to work hard .. coz huawei is known for hard work

thats it ,, u get a t shirt at the end of HR round .. then u hv to wait for long time to get offer letter . I am stil waitin .. dey said they ll get back to me at the end of may .

Interview Questions
    • Puzzles are unexpected . If der r five tracks and 25 horses ,, how ll u find best 5 horses in minimum races.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in February 2012.

First of all written tests were conducted to us two months ago through cocubes recruitment agency. The test was jointly conducted for 5-6 colleges together. Later on, one month later, we got results. The interviews were also, conducted together - pool campus. A total of two technical and two HR rounds were conducted.

In the technical, he questions were on data structures and for the most part, they expect us to write code on paper. Saying that you can write code, won't work infront of them. Also, some aptitude, although if you write good code, they don't take into account whether you answer apti or not.

The HR rounds were to test your decisive power. Strengths, weaknesses etc.,

Just be yourself and practice writing code on paper

Interview Questions
    • How to find, whether a loop exists in linked list ?   View Answer
    No, it was an on campus one

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aluva (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aluva (India)

Hiring process was 2 days.There were 5 rounds.First aptitude round of two sections(Basic mathematics and C programming).It was easy.Then around 200 students were selected for further rounds.Left 4 rounds were on next day...There were 2 technical rounds and further 2 HR rounds.At the end of selection procedure only around 7 got placed..Fortunately I was one among them.The HR rounds were quite interesting.First HR will go through our marks starting from 10th.Technical rounds will be mainly from fundamental C.Guys having fundamental concepts can easily pass it.

Interview Questions
    • I got into some trouble when I faced a question related to abortion during the HR round.But my HR helped me to adjust with the situation and me to get relaxed.   View Answer