Huawei Technologies

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

first round - general aptitude questions
second round - Technical questions
Third question - HR
Mostly Networking questions

Interview Questions
  • Networking related question : What is the need of layer 3   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in June 2012.

contact with the customer and the engineer to enhance the service.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in May 2012.

Applied in the college job fair for the technical support engineer position. Three basic rounds of interview in face. 1. one-to-one interview to discuss the basic fit and several technical issue. 2. group interview where a group of candidates are interviewed together, select some one performs better. 3. one-to-one interview with one type of manager to mainly ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • In a team, what do you think is the most significant thing?   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in January 2013.

Starting from brief introductions to what you'll be expected to do, it is seen that from the interview itself, the job is stressful. Remuneration is great, though and overall, this is a company for fresh grads to perform.

Interview Questions
    • Asking some simple stuffs but putting it in a hard term in which fresh grads will never think of.   Answer Question
    Remuneration was good, so there's not much negotiation here for fresh grads.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in April 2012.

Overall is a simple interview, 1 on 1 with the manager and it took me less than an hour. The manager is from China and we had our conversation in mandarin, he asked my background, FYP, about the jobscope...the require a lot travelling, which I will only have less than 2 months in Malaysia and alot of OT...guess is suitable for workaholic..

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in September 2011.

they took 6 round interview mainly focus on telecom part

salary

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in January 2011.

Applied via online website, they called to set up for the interview date. There were 3 stages of interviews, starting with technical knowledge and question, the panel gave me a piece of A4 paper and a pencil and asked to sketch a network architecture. And followed by HR interview, all questions were getting to know you and your personalities. And the final stage is the Head of Department, once again he basically asked to do a short presentation on a whiteboard using marker and briefed him what I have learned from my previous job.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems do you encounter and how do you deal with them?   Answer Question
    • If you are on business trip for a quite long time, what are the obstacles you will be facing? Don't you mind traveling for a quite long time in a foreign land?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huawei Technologies in October 2010.

I was refered by one old colleague to Huawei first at 2006.
    There are 2 turns of interview, the first one is by telephone, one technical expert called me by asking some technical-related questions, including:
    1)how long have you been in current position?
    2)what's your strong point and week point you think?
    3)for specific topic, tell me some details of the difference between two different platforms, for example, what's command difference of HP and SUN on network interface configuration?
    4)take an English presentation
    On the second round of interview, it is by remote television meeting in which we can see each other,
    two interviewers have asked me some questions,including both technical and personal-information.Main questions are:
    1)what's my comment about current recruited position?
    2)how long i think i will be in this company?
    3)how can i deal with it if i met one difficulty during work?
    4)some specific technical questions they also asked.
    after this interview, i felt that i presents well but they told me to wait for some further notification if there is.
    then i wait, but after 1 month still there is no information about it.
    i had to work in a position in another company in Shanghai city.
    After 1.5 month,i was told that i can go to office after about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • 1)whom do you think you work for?
      i answered i worked for my family first, but the interviewer requires answers is the company.

Answer Question
    take in consideration if the position is what you want and need?
    for example, you requirement is : big/famous company, no travel, cross-cultural work environment,then please don't accept an offer by "small or medium-level company and also no English environment.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Huawei Technologies in January 2010.

technical interview through the phone and then HR interview. after pass both the interview, then discuss the salary, the position, the details of the salary package. got the job offer in 2-4 weeks