Hubbell Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hubbell.

Interview

I applied online and received a quick response from their team. Their team member called to set up a phone interview. I set aside time to prepare for the phone interview and waiting for 10 minutes after the scheduled time. I never ended up receiving a call. I followed up with their contact and never heard back from them again.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hubbell (Shelton, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

After meeting a member of Hubbell at a career fair, he took my resume and informed me that he would hand it to one of the managers and they would get back to me. Within a week I received a call from the company to schedule an interview. The next week I went in for my interview and was kindly greeted by who is now my supervisor. It consisted mainly of him describing the position along with typical behavioral questions to see how I would answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Londonderry, NH

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hubbell (Londonderry, NH) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with several of the product line engineering managers and human resources. Overall they were professional and asked pertinent questions. Since it was my first job out of school they asked about my internships and what were my interests. Got called into a second interview with higher management. I did not pursue the job because the products did not seem very interesting. However for the right person it seemed like a good opportunity to learn the design process and how a company functions.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite course in college?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hubbell (Charlotte, NC) in January 2008.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews, first one was in person the second one was over the phone. Had a recruiter set up the first interview which was with the hiring manager. Manager seemed to not have a complete understanding of the job details. The second interview with a director got more details, and the over all direction the job was headed in.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan to live in the area for more than a year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer, counter offer

Director Organizational Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hubbell in July 2010.

Interview

The process was extremely fast and efficient, and the experience was very positive. I applied online one evening and the next morning I had a phone call from the recruiter who did a terrific job with the phone screening. Her questions were targeted, thorough, and thoughtful. I was brought in for first rounds within a few weeks, and 2nd rounds shortly thereafter. An offer was extended immediately. I was very impressed with the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Internally they changed (raised) the band level of the job so that I could be eligible for a larger bonus which compensated for the base I was negotiating for. Base offered was very competitive anyways.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hubbell in June 2009.

Interview

Mostly fit questions like those found STAR. Not really heavy on technical questions

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and Weakness? How do you work in a group?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hubbell in September 2007.

Interview

Had a great interview. Was told that I should hear back very quickly. Then nothing. No return calls, no return e-mails. Must be a great group and busy.