Hubspot Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

3.5

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email inviting me in. The interview consisted of 2 parts, one with a recruiter and one with a talent manager. They were friendly and it wasn't a negative experience, but please be warned that the minute you step into the office, you are being tested. If you don't ask the right question or phrase an answer in a way they don't approve of, you are out. Also, know your stuff. Take the inbound marketing certification they offer, follow up by reading inbound strategies on their site, and prepare answers that challenge them, related to inbound marketing and the company. They key is, they want to be challenged, so think of questions that are unique and they haven't heard before. You will be faced with an interviewer who literally sits there and says, "ask me something" for 15 minutes. Most importantly, go into this interview not caring what they think. Hubspot is incredibly picky and they look for a "fit" that you either have or don't. See it as a conversation to learn.

Interview Questions

• "If you were given a list of 200 customers, how would you prioritize cold-calling them?" Although honestly, the thing that threw me off the most was the repeated request for me to ask challenging questions over and over.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hubspot

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with an in-person interview with two people from their HR team. Went on to a role play by phone. Last step was a followup interview with 4 people from the IMC team. Everyone was generally friendly throughout the process, though they seemed a little tired by the number of people they'd been interviewing. Didn't receive offer because of "fit." Would have liked more transparency as to what that actually means; it's a little nebulous. Followed up on it thanking for their time and asking for feedback on how to improve, heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Not so much an actual interview question, but after the interview I was asked if I'd be ready to take the job if offered. I was told they expect you to accept the offer letter within the day. So if you want to weigh your options with a competing offer, just note you won't have much opportunity.   Answer Question

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about two weeks. At that point, I had a phone interview which was then followed up by an in-person interview at their office. At the office, I was met with several people who were all very friendly but still maintained a professional, composed demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? I guess I hadn't really thought about it   Answer Question

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hubspot (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through 5+ rounds of both in person and phone interviews and the recruiters I spoke to were nice and the interviews were easy. My HR contact sort of led me to believe that I had the job and then did not offer me the position I was interviewing for but said that I could interview instead for a very entry level position. I was offended by the offer given my experience and so I declined. Overall, I thought the process was somewhat disorganized and that the recruiters were misleading.

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initially applied through their website which is powered by jobvite. The recruiter for the position contacted me to schedule an in person interview. I was met by the recruiter and had to wait a bit as they were running behind schedule, was offered water and made comfortable. I interviewed with two people - standard questions, tell me about yourself, what have you done in the past, what do you know about inbound marketing and the company, why do you want to work here.

I received no offer and no further communication or feedback from HR, which was a disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, but "teach me something only using words, as if you were on the phone"   Answer Question

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

A overall good interview process, I was contacted after applying online and without having any inside connections which was nice to experience. A company like HubSpot is very competitive and sometimes it's all who and not what you know. The interview process was detailed and very systematic with a clear set plan. The "host" of the interviews always asked how I liked the place, where my interest stands, how I think I performed, etc. and then informed me of the next steps.

The steps were a phone screen, then in-person interview followed by 2 roles plays on the phone and an online aptitude test (much like SATs) and the last step was a final in-person interview with the people I would be reporting to directly. Each level I got the impression that they were weeding people out and by the time I had my second in-person interview I must have been 1 of 10 people left. It is at this step that they give you a tour of their office which is busting at the seams but only because they are growing so rapidly.

I think the most challenging part of the interviews on difficulty scale was the role plays, you do have to do your homework before, have an understanding of what you are talking about going in and you are speaking with someone that does these everyday (so he's good). On top of all that they record the session for everyone else that wants to hear it at the company can, adding pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why does a company that sells "hunting equipment" need HubSpot?   1 Answer

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone screen from HR, a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager, a role play of a consultant - client phone conversation, and an in-person interview with a bunch of members of the team. Takes a looong time to get to each next stage and is very competitive. I was told they got over 100 applications per day for the role.

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with HR via phone, asked about prior experience and what I knew about SEO and inbound marketing. Went smoothly overall as I expressed ability to articulate concepts that would be relevant for job. Went in and interviewed with two people from group I'd be joining, and although it went well I did not get an offer

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hubspot (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a half hour phone call talking about why I thought I was suitable for the position. Asked a few questions about where the role fitted in the organisation. Was it a pre or post customer signup positon etc. Had a chat about my own experience and how it would fit into the role. Was put through to the next round and took online aptitude test. This took about an hour. Had a second phone interview with recorded scenario and was put through for face to face interview. The whole process was easy going and probably on of the most enjoyable interview processes I've been through.

Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hubspot (Cambridge, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was referred to this company by a colleague and I felt that the interviewers did not know why exactly they were interviewing me and they just did it as a favor. They made references to the fact that my resume is not like the typical candidates that they interview, and is more of the "old school" type of candidate they would have selected in the past. I didn't feel that I was just being asked questions about my experiences, work ethic, and personality, but that I was also being quizzed on marketing principles despite clearly having no marketing background. One of the interviewers scoffed that I could not write code (I wasn't going for an engineering or web developer position) and also questioned the fact that I was unemployed and even suggested that I was not laid off, which I felt was degrading.

A lot of very smart people work at this company, but some of them come across as snooty and that they are looking down on people who do not know everything that they know. I asked how they would train a new employee coming in who had the right background but not all of the knowledge about the industry, and they stated that the right candidate "lives and breaths" in that industry and already knows everything they need to know to work there.

I also got mixed information - one interviewer told me that the consultants are given free reign to run their projects as they wish, and the other told me the opposite and that they are extremely structured.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell someone to do if they wanted to get more traffic to their blog?   Answer Question
    • How would you get blog readers to give their information?   Answer Question
    • How does search engine optimization work?   Answer Question
    • Can you write code, such as HTML or Javascript?   Answer Question