Hubspot

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

3.4

Visual/Digital Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hubspot.

I have numerous friends with the same experience. HR department is completely disorganized. They don't respond to any calls, or emails. Personally, I got a rejection letter for a POSITION IN SALES! Please don't have 25 year olds run your human resources. Really a poor experience. I'm glad I dodged this bullet, as consequently I landed my dream job with an amazing company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to put together three projects and explain the design process.   Answer Question

Overnight Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hubspot.

Had an initial interview, she threw me a couple of curve balls but I was Givin the opportunity to meet the managers for a 2nd round. I thought ihad one of the best interviews I've ever had, but I simply was not what they were looking for. Well... if you're not a fit, you're not a fit.

Services Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hubspot.

Great experience interviewing. They were very responsive, focused, and thorough. Visiting the office was a pleasant experience - very inviting and welcoming. During the interview, I met with several people in HR and on my future team. Interviews were mostly 1x1, and my final interview also consisted of a work/skills-related challenge (no prep required - the entire exercise is conducted within the interview).

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hubspot.

Applied through my school's career services network. Received an invitation to interview shortly thereafter. Scheduled a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Was a very straightforward interview, no curve ball questions. Typical line of questioning that felt like the interviewer was reading questions off a sheet of paper in front of her. Never asked any follow up questions on any of my responses. Overall, it was a fairly terrible interview. I had really expected more than that process from Hubspot. I asked my interviewer for feedback at the end of the call and again after by email. Her only response to both was that "you used colloquialisms like 'you know,' try to avoid that and use more specifics in the future." I was fairly surprised by the feedback and honestly it led me to question whether or not she was actually paying attention to the actual "meat" of what I was saying as opposed to the general form and grammatical structure. Best of luck to future applicants, I definitely will not be applying again unless they reform this process.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hubspot.

Submitted resume online and was contacted for a phone interview. Had two phone interviews and then was invited to come for an interview. Met with 5 people during roughly 2 hour interview. Had another interview outside of the office. Was never contacted after the interviews - not even a thank you but no email.

Content Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hubspot.

After all the hype, I expected a very difficult interview and I was right. The first two (2 phone interviews) were quite standard. I didn't sleep before my in-person interview (as in zero hours of sleep) and that made for a tough interview day.

HubSpot moves quickly throughout the process, but they also let you know about each step (spanned 3 weeks) after the weekend so you don't have the weekend to prepare. Recruiter was super friendly. After reading the reviews here I knew they'd call after with feedback, and I knew I wasn't going to get the job. I'm not sure how valid the feedback is, but it's unusual for a company of their caliber to do that. I like that they move quickly, even to reject, instead of leaving you hanging. I'm not sure how happy I would have been there anyway, but it seems like an awesome company and at least I can say I interviewed there. Also, they didn't ask "Teach me something."

Senior Sales Role Interview

I found HubSpot to be disorganized and unprofessional throughout their interview process. They were very slow, but kept encouraging me to continue in the process. However, rather than actually interview me, they just kept inviting me to different HubSpot networking events (along with dozens of other candidates). Finally I had a 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, who showed up 13 minutes late to the call. The first thing he did was blame me because he couldn't find my phone number (which was listed on my resume and on all email signatures). Then he had to leave the call 2 minutes early when someone else needed the meeting room. Long story short, it turns out they had an internal candidate they were going with all along. But they interviewed me and many others just for comparison. In general, there's nothing wrong with that practice. But I think some transparency, greater professionalism, and speed would've been more fair and would've reflected better on the company. This was a fairly senior sales role and they must have lead along several others in addition to me. Not a great way to build your brand as an employer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you're the right person for this role?   Answer Question

Entry Level Hubspotter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hubspot.

Sent in my resume and cover letter and very quickly heard back for a phone interview. It was an easy interview. Basic questions about why you want to work for HubSpot, what HubSpot does. Why are you right for the position? Why would I choose you over any other candidate? How experienced are you with the technical side of things?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be good at customer support?   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hubspot.

Applied through my career website and was offered an in-person interview on campus. Nice people, but I got thrown a bit because they were interested in having me do very hands-on type of activity that I didn't expect. I think if you relax it would go just fine. They were really interested in positions on my resume that seemed to relate somehow to in-bound marketing. Review your resume and make sure you know the details of what HubSpot does and why. Read the founder's blog for a good start.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to sell them a product from a past company I worked for, with them acting out parts of the customer.   Answer Question

Entry Level Hubspotter Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hubspot.

I applied and got an email from a recruiter within the first couple of hours. We set up a phone interview that ended up being pretty standard "tell me about yourself, how did you learn about us" fare. I was really excited and moved on to the second round.

This second round was way, way, way unconventional. They actually set up a video interview, and it was my downfall. The way it was set up, I just knew it was my downfall. Basically, you get thirty seconds to think of your answer to a question, and you get anywhere from thirty seconds to two minutes to communicate your answer. The day they watched mine, they passed on me with a generic "not a good fit" response.

A more traditional in-person interview would have calmed my nerves a lot more and actually allowed for a conversational flow. I feel like the questions asked didn't let me communicate my enthusiasm for the company and the position. I love so much about this company - the transparency, the culture guide, their way of doing business. I even like that their product allows for a more organic marketing experience. But alas.

Interview Questions
    • How weird are you, on a scale from 1 to 10? Why?   Answer Question
    • Write a tweet (140 characters) on why you want to be in tech support.   Answer Question
    • Explain how to do something you taught yourself.   Answer Question