Huddle House Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Huddle House

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Huddle House (Kansas City, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview went really well. The general manager with whom I had the interview acted very professional and the minute I walked in, I felt that the person has a great background and very experienced. The questions were mostly about my past experiences and situations where I had to make difficult decisions. Several other questions were mostly about management skills as well as cooking and serving tables and providing a good service.

Interview Questions

• One of the challenging questions I have been asked was if I ever have no cook, and no server, but I need to keep the restaurant open, what would be my decision and how would I take action?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Working with Huddle House is a good experience. I personally don't get paid the right wage as a manager, but still I have good expectations and great hopes to succeed within the organization.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Huddle House (Corinth, MS) in November 2013.

Interview

I went in told the District Manager about my experience, she hired me that day. There wasn't a General Manager at the time, she seemed busy, but yet interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear we was hiring?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huddle House (Troy, AL).

Interview

I did an online application like two months before I actually went into the store because I found a temporary job. After the temp job I went into the store and asked to speak to the manager. I asked if she was doing any hiring and she said yes. She had me fill out another app and interviewed me on the spot after pulling up my 2 yo online app. She sent me to be drug tested, but didnt tell me I was hired until 2 days later when she called and told me to come in for training.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to explain your past work experience and why you left.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Understand that serving at the Huddle House is not like serving at a Steakhouse. Tips usually range from 30-60 on day shift and 20-50 on nights. Expect to disappointed some nights and never ever expect a promotion or raise.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huddle House (Ripley, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied in person at store site
    Called in for interview about 1 week later
    Very informal interview
    Hired on the spot
    No drug test

Interview Questions

• How did I like my last employer.   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huddle House (Franklin City, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

quite easy they offered training.

Interview Questions

• would I be able to run run the restaraunt when I just started.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My hours and line position for the beginning.

Vice President for Franchise Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huddle House (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Face to face interview with the CEO, follow up interview with the Chairman of the Board. They didn't show much emotion and subsequently didn't hire anyone for the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Huddle House?   1 Answer
    • How would you market to potential franchisees?   1 Answer