Hudson Valley Hospital Center

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Nurse Interview

Cortland, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hudson Valley Hospital Center in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was made very comfortable questions pertained to clinical experience and knowledge.

Interview Question – What could I bring to the unit and asked how would I handle a disgruntled family member.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Professional Interview

Cortlandt Manor, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hudson Valley Hospital Center.

Interview Details – Interviews with HR, department manager, department director, and team members - very in-depth, but reasonable, intelligent questions. Slow-moving HR personnel. Was offered an unreasonably low annual salary - I asked for more - they agreed to reconsider - but they countered with the same offer.

Interview Question – Why doesn't the tough commute deter you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered a salary lower than the market norm

Director Marketing and Public Relations Interview

Peekskill, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hudson Valley Hospital Center in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process for professional and the people are nice. I was treated fairly. I responded to an ad in the newspaper, which was followed by an interview with HR and the hiring manager, then an interview with the other "ladies" in the department, I guess to see if I was a good fit, and then an interview with the president of the hospital. I had to wiat nearly three weeks to find out that I did not get the job. Follwoing my interview with the president , there was such a lag that I thoough they had made a decision, so I wrote a note. I was told that were still intervwing. It was a long process.

Interview Question – How would the the Preisdent at the other hopsital you work discribe you.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hudson Valley Hospital Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hudson Valley Hospital Center interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hudson Valley Hospital Center employees and interview candidates.