Hudson's Bay

Updated Dec 31, 2014
Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hudson's Bay in October 2012.

A friend let me know of a job fair that the local Hudson's Bay was hosting to attract new seasonal employees for the Christmas season. I decided to check it out and that turned out to be my only interview. I filled out an application form and then waited and was interviewed by one of the sales managers.

The interview was short. She looked over my resume, asked about any previous retail experience (I had a bit, which helped) and we just talked a little about my resume. The rest of the conversation consisted of her telling me the details and responsibilities of the job and saying she would be in contact.

A few days later, I received a call with a job offer and accepted. It was a very easy interview and hiring process, although they offered me the job, told me they would be in contact, yet they made me wait for almost a month before they finally offered me a shift, something that I found very irritating.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was pretty straightforward. The hypothetical situation questions can always be a little tricky, like one was something like "you are helping an irate customer with a service issue, how would you handle it?" I find that question to be difficult.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hudson's Bay.

It was a group interview. It was really very quick and easy.... We were asked only a few questions. Easy to answer. If you answered them all you probably got hired. The process of hiring was simple... just dealt with some online forms and an orientation. Training was on the go because of the seasonal aspect of the position. Overall good process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hudson's Bay.

Applied online, received two days later an email telling me to select an interview slot for the next day. It was a group interview in the second-floor training room. We had to fill out a sheet with the days and hours we were available, as well as when we could start and such. The interview was less than 30 minutes long, and held by two managers (one of them asked only one question). They were basic questions, like why retail, why Hudson's Bay, how we kept up with fashion, etc. One thing I noticed is that the interviewees were very well dressed, trendily.

Interview Questions
    • We had to try and sell one piece of clothing we owned.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

After applying for the position, there was only one interview before they were interested to provide an offer! It took some time though to get an offer where I had to call in a couple of times to check on the application status. Overall, I believe the process was simple and easy. Moreover, the interview questions were kind of typical and were simple.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the trickiest question would probably be: "How would you advertise products?" They also ask about accomplishments or situations you had to resolve and how you came across to resolve it. Thus, be prepared   View Answer

Time restriction

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hudson's Bay.

First interview was a group interview with about 8 other people. The hiring manager asked a question and we went around the table and each of us got to answer. Got a call telling me I was hired a few days later then met with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very easy. You should know about the HBC rewards system.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hudson's Bay in October 2014.

Intial Interview was a telephone interview. After the initial interview was a timed "mensa" type analytical test and a timed excel test. Each test can be done on your own time and takes an hour each test. The test were done on seperate days. Then an interview with the director and his peer (another director)

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you to do something as your manager and if the director asked you to do something else, which instruction would you respond to first?   View Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hudson's Bay.

There were two interviews - one with HR & other with Buyer.
    I had two interview the same day - I didn't get the one I wanted however accepted the second one as I thought once I am part of the company it might be easy to move over after an year or so - but didn't work like that, got stuck in that position for almost 3 years before I decided to move.
    Email communication was professional and interacting with people involved was also pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about the system being exclusively used by HBC   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate much as I was moving from a survival job. However salary was less then market value.

Buyer Interview

Phone interview followed by interview with HR followed by an interview the DMM The division was not developed. The interview was professional.

The phone interview lasted about half an hour, the second interview lasted about 1 hour and the final interview lasted about 45 minutes. There was an aptitude test that was required.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hudson's Bay.

A week after applying online, I received a phone call for a group interview. On the interview, they had us seat in a circle around a table and the interview started. We first had to introduce ourselves, then the interviewer went on to ask specific questions. We answered in a first raise hand first answer basis. A few days after the interview, I got a call telling me to start working.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate than the person next to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hudson's Bay.

Very quick. Was recommended by an employee. Received a call to come in. Met with the department manager and answered typical questions. Was offered a position following the interview and accepted.