Huge

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Huge in April 2010.

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter:

"I came across ur profile on LinkedIn – are you interested in a new opportunity? In NYC? I know it's a long shot! Hey, maybe if you aren't interested you might know someone who wants to freelance in NYC for the summer? :) At any rate, your background looks like a great fit for HUGE so I wanted to try. Let me know your thoughts!"

All of my work experience and entire resume was available through my LinkedIn profile. It included start and end dates for all my previous jobs and even a few paragraphs for each, describing the specific work I did and the type of work environment I operated in. I replied that I was interested and received this message from the recruiter:

"I'd very much like to talk to you! What time, and what number can I call you on Monday?"

We arranged a time for a phone interview. I was then contacted through my email, not LinkedIn, by a different recruiter from the same company who explained that I would be talking to her and not the recruiter I'd originally conversed with.

When I got the call for the interview the woman on the other end immediately sounded as if this was her 20th interview in the last hour. Both her tone and attitude were similar to Simon Cowell of American Idol. The first thing she asked was if I was on an iPhone. I said "Yes" to which she replied, "Well, I've had enough iPhones for one day, if our call gets dropped, consider that the end of our interview."

She turned me down within the first couple minutes for not meeting the requirement for years of experience, which was 5-7. And she also mentioned that the job I was applying for was a senior position, which I hadn't known.

It seemed very strange since they were the ones who'd contacted me and I had assumed that my years of experience would've been a non-issue during the interview since, as I mentioned above, all of that information was available to them prior.

Interview Questions
  • Are you using an iPhone?   View Answer
  • How many years of experience do you have?   View Answer
  • So you've only had 3 years of experience?   View Answer
  • You know this job you're applying for requires 5-7 years of experience, right?   View Answer