Huge

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huge in February 2012.

Interview Details – I sent in a resume and cover letter, and was asked to set up a Skype appointment. They were very friendly via email, but in the Skype appointment, the interviewer logged in almost 10 minutes late and promptly told me she had to leave in 20 minutes. She seemed rushed and rather uninterested.

Interview Question – This was what threw me off--other than, "Describe yourself", to which she reacted positively to my response, she didn't ask any other questions, she just spoke about their Friday afternoon culture (the interview was on a Friday) and asked if I had any questions. All in all, it seemed that she was just more excited about it being Friday than seriously interviewing me and asking about qualifications. In retrospect, I should have tried harder to turn the conversation back to my skill sets and past experiences than trying to relate to her and "have a good time chatting", if that makes sense. I had a very pleasant conversation, but despite my efforts, it wasn't really work related.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Huge.

Interview Details – I applied to the Washington DC office -
When I first applied I did not hear back from them for a month and half. Finally, I received an automated email saying they position was not available at the time. Then the next day I get an email from the NY office saying they want to schedule an appointment with me in DC. We go back and forth to get something set up and I eventually got an interview. I have to say when they are interested in someone they move quickly. Once I had my first interview, the recruiter was very enthusiastic about following up on a second interview. When I followed up with her, she told me she was waiting on coordinating with the people who were suppose to interview me. In the the end I did not even receive any communication from her at all and she never responded to me. The entire process was very unprofessional. Others who have applied have told me a similar story.

I think this a great company to work for, however I think they don't have everything straightened out in their DC office. I would not recommend for my friends to apply here because the process is reflective of their operations process.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huge.

Interview Details – They asked the standard questions, and I went over my work with them. I had been warned that I'd be meeting with the stereotypical hipster designer types, and they were right. No on warned me they'd be so conceited though. They frequently commented on their own work and skills, rather than asking about what i could bring to the table. To be honest, I was really surprised by their level of arrogance. I've worked at better firms like R/GA, Code & Theory, etc., so I was really shocked by how delusional they were about their own work and reputation. I don't think they realize that everyone knows all their best designers left with the original crew and all that's left are designers relying on a legacy that's quickly being replaced by a cliche of an agency. My recommendation is to avoid them and work at firms where the quality of work exceeds the level of delusional arrogance.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing to deal with was their arrogance. I honestly had a hard time not laughing when they'd pat themselves on the back.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – HUGE is a joke. Everyone in the design world knows it. Their reputation far exceeds their work.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Senior Visual Designer
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Huge in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted through email fairly quickly. I had a short phone conversation with an HR recruiter asking basic questions about my background and what I am looking for. Then I had a skype interview with two department leads, where we basically chatted about Huge, what I like to design, and we walked through a couple projects. Finally I had a skype conversation with the ECD that was similar to the previous conversations. I received an offer a couple days later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. They were pretty standard design interview questions. I think the skype interviews are mostly to gauge what type of person you are and if you would be a good culture fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They sent me an offer, I countered, and then we met in the middle. Overall pleasant experience.

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer

Interviewed at Huge

Interview Details – Had two rounds of interviews - was pleasant and direct conversation. Met with the head of the department and then a group of directors. They wanted to see a lot of work.

Interview Question – Had to do a design exercise   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Huge.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with tech recruiter from co, then 2 person phone with team leads, and declined to have the in person

Interview Question – All pretty standard, no curveballs   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low ball offer, inconvenient location, bad vibes all around

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Huge.

Interview Details – Sent an email and got an interview. Interviewed with two associate creative directors.

Interview Question – What do you like designing most?   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Senior Planner

Interviewed at Huge

Interview Details – Recruiter was terrible. he never called me back. I had to call him 3 times and email two times before getting response.

Interview Question – Got very personal   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Senior CopyWriter
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Huge in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was quick and painless. They spend a LOT of time looking to fill positions, but when they've found someone they really like, they're quick about it.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions unexpected. And they weren't difficult in the sense that they were tricky. They were really good questions-- it was a very transparent and straightforward process, which I found refreshing. I took them through my portfolio. They asked me some questions about my experience. They asked why I wanted to leave my (then) current agency. Then they asked how much money I wanted. Finally, they gave me an offer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They low-balled me. Their head recruiter is a tough negotiator. And she's not exactly warm and fuzzy.

Visual Designer Interview

Visual Designer

Interviewed at Huge

Interview Details – They already have a good idea if they are going to hire you. The in person interview has more to do with if you will fit into the company culture.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not a negotiation phase.

Worked for Huge? Contribute to the Community!