Huge Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.9

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Huge (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This review is actually for Elephant, the sister company they keep locked in the attic. The interview process was extremely drawn out--two phone interviews over three weeks and then another two weeks to get in the office. Once there, the interviewers didn't seem very prepared or even have a good idea of what they were looking for, and I was asked essentially the same questions by both. I reached out to thank them for their time and never heard back, which I find especially disrespectful as I had to take time off of work to interview.

Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huge (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Just an absolutely pathetic interview process. I came in as a referral from multiple current employees, one of whom is very senior in the organization, and showed up to my interview totally cold. There were two people who interviewed me at the same time, neither of whom had seen (or been sent) my portfolio or LinkedIn — and they were 15 minutes late. This had me rushing to prove myself to people who were both substantially more junior than me, and, unsurprisingly, it didn't work out. The recruiter called me a few days later to tell me they were going to pass, because they didn't see enough "high fidelity wireframes" in my portfolio. Ridiculous, since I showed lots of process docs, including hi-fi wires. More interested in wires than products launched. Maybe if they'd have had more senior people interview me or actually looked through my portfolio, they would have actually gotten to know me. Oh, and I thought I was interviewing for a director role, so they rejected me for a level below what I thought I was applying for. Hilarious!

Interview Questions

• Can we get a copy of your portfolio?   1 Answer

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Huge (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a bunch of audio and video calls with (then) ECD and GCDs at first (great people), and was transferred to HR people for recruitment coordination. I interviewed with 6 people individually, from Creative Directors to VP consecutively at the agency. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding about the role I was interviewing for, which created confusion in conversations and ended up being pretty unsettling.

Interview Questions

• Describe what would make you happy if you worked here. What do you see yourself doing here? Where do you feel you are the most skilled at? Tell me about the project you are the most proud of.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huge (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, and one of their recruiters reached out to me via email a week later to set up a phone interview. Fairly simple interview there, and they let me know within 24 hours that they wanted me to come in and interview in-person. They told me to set aside 3 hours and I met with 6 different people. It was pretty intimidating to sit in a room for 3 hours with no breaks, answering the same questions over and over again (was hard to keep track of what you had already said or explained to someone). It was just excessive. I thought the interview went okay. Seemed like an odd bunch of people and I didn't really vibe with them. I sent thank you emails to all 6 people and never heard a word back. Pretty rude if you ask me -- especially considering I took a day off of work to come in and interview. I probably would not have taken the job if they offered it to me, though.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational/targeted interview questions were asked, was asked to map out a project from start to finish on the fly.   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huge (New York, NY).

Interview

3 stage process. First, apply online with a 1 minute video about yourself. Second, a weekend to design a solution to a design challenge and then present it to a mid level designer. Third, interview with the head of the design school, where you will be presenting your solution again and asking thoughtful questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your solution?   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huge (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It is only the first round phone interview that I had. The recruiters pretty nice, she will set questions regularly when you walk through your portfolio. There should be some questions about your graduation date also connect to the project you completed. Then I move to the next round phone screening interview.

Front End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huge.

Interview

Reached out to Huge through their Careers page to apply for the Front End Developer position in Brooklyn. Was contacted via phone by a recruiter who explained the agency process at Huge, and asked technical questions relating to skills listed on my resume. After passing the initial recruiter call, I was emailed a Front End take-home test that I had a couple of days to complete without using any JavaScript frameworks (no jQuery, etc). My resulting code was reviewed by the Front End team, but ultimately I was not selected to continue the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages and disadvantages of using CoffeeScript?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huge (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

i submitted an online application along with a one minute video on why i think i would be a good candidate for Huge school / internship. i received an email about a month later asking to set up a time for a skype interview. the interview was relatively low key and lasted 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• i was asked: why huge? why account planning? what is a good digital campaign in your opinion? what are some past experiences that you see translating to the internship? do you have any questions for us? tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Interview

Programming challenge to begin with which you are given a weekend or overnight to complete. Then for me there were two interviews, with two people interviewing in each one. Normally they interview over 4 hours and run all four sequentially. Some interviewers were from more senior positions and some at the same level. Expect a lot of questions about your experience as a team lead, and technical knowledge.

User Experience Lead Interview

Application

I interviewed at Huge in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn regarding a senior level position in NYC. My interest was piqued so we set up a call. The recruiter was friendly, very easy to talk to, had an obvious love for Huge and seemed to have in-depth knowledge of UX. He talked a lot about my portfolio, their design process, and the responsibilities of the job. In the end, I didn't move forward because the timing for a relocation didn't work but all-in-all, it was a pretty positive interview experience.