Huge

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.8

Freelance Designer Interview

I got a call from a recruiter if I am interested in a freelance role and I was assigned to a project next week. That was pretty much it. No interview. I stayed there about 5 months there.

Interaction Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Huge.

The interview process consisted of:
    Phone Screening with the Recruiter
    1-on-1 Interview with Director
    Design Challenge (take home and send to recruiter)
    Phone Screening with the Recruiter

They were very unorganized and were not reliable in responding to emails, sometimes taking months at a time. Overall the experience was unprofessional.

Also there was a lot of rescheduling and canceling of interviews last minute.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the specific questions.

However, the interviewer could not communicate what he was looking for". After showing a full project's design process and all the individual steps needed to create a product testing, workflows, personas, etc, he asked "but can I see the design work."

Real UXers need not apply. Pixel pushers only!
        Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huge.

I applied to the Washington DC office -
    When I first applied I did not hear back from them for a month and half. Finally, I received an automated email saying they position was not available at the time. Then the next day I get an email from the NY office saying they want to schedule an appointment with me in DC. We go back and forth to get something set up and I eventually got an interview. I have to say when they are interested in someone they move quickly. Once I had my first interview, the recruiter was very enthusiastic about following up on a second interview. When I followed up with her, she told me she was waiting on coordinating with the people who were suppose to interview me. In the the end I did not even receive any communication from her at all and she never responded to me. The entire process was very unprofessional. Others who have applied have told me a similar story.

I think this a great company to work for, however I think they don't have everything straightened out in their DC office. I would not recommend for my friends to apply here because the process is reflective of their operations process.

Project Manager - Washington, DC Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Huge in June 2014.

The recruiter I worked with, tasked with hiring all client service positions, is unresponsive. I don't mean they takes a while getting back to you - I mean they flat out do not get back to you. They set up phone calls, and do not call. They asked me for last minute availability for a same day phone call. I let them know when I was available and then never got a single email or phone call in response. They do not manage the expectations of their applicants. This experience made me question if I wanted to work at this organization.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Huge.

They asked the standard questions, and I went over my work with them. I had been warned that I'd be meeting with the stereotypical hipster designer types, and they were right. No on warned me they'd be so conceited though. They frequently commented on their own work and skills, rather than asking about what i could bring to the table. To be honest, I was really surprised by their level of arrogance. I've worked at better firms like R/GA, Code & Theory, etc., so I was really shocked by how delusional they were about their own work and reputation. I don't think they realize that everyone knows all their best designers left with the original crew and all that's left are designers relying on a legacy that's quickly being replaced by a cliche of an agency. My recommendation is to avoid them and work at firms where the quality of work exceeds the level of delusional arrogance.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing to deal with was their arrogance. I honestly had a hard time not laughing when they'd pat themselves on the back.   Answer Question

HUGE is a joke. Everyone in the design world knows it. Their reputation far exceeds their work.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huge.

Contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with tech recruiter from co, then 2 person phone with team leads, and declined to have the in person

Interview Questions

Low ball offer, inconvenient location, bad vibes all around

Interaction Designer Interview

Had two rounds of interviews - was pleasant and direct conversation. Met with the head of the department and then a group of directors. They wanted to see a lot of work.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Huge.

Sent an email and got an interview. Interviewed with two associate creative directors.

Senior Planner Interview

Recruiter was terrible. he never called me back. I had to call him 3 times and email two times before getting response.

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huge in March 2014.

Applied online and was contacted through email fairly quickly. I had a short phone conversation with an HR recruiter asking basic questions about my background and what I am looking for. Then I had a skype interview with two department leads, where we basically chatted about Huge, what I like to design, and we walked through a couple projects. Finally I had a skype conversation with the ECD that was similar to the previous conversations. I received an offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. They were pretty standard design interview questions. I think the skype interviews are mostly to gauge what type of person you are and if you would be a good culture fit.   Answer Question
    They sent me an offer, I countered, and then we met in the middle. Overall pleasant experience.