Huge User Experience Intern Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

User Experience Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Huge in February 2011.

In February I received feedback on my initial application, saying that after reviewing applications I was selected to move on to the next round -- an interview held via Skype within the following week, on a date chosen from three given choices. For the interview I was asked to prepare a 10-minute presentation on a recent project that I'm particularly proud of, reflecting on my approach of problem solving. Within the same email I was also provided with detailed information about who I will be talking to, something that I found very pleasing. Final decisions were said to be in by the end of the month.

The interview itself, previously introduced company representative only, started with a little small talk (e.g. unique naming system for the conference rooms -- I was called by "Ashley", which had me confused a bit), before I was given time to do my presentation and ask additional questions afterwards. My presentation took a little longer than expected, so we ran out of time before I was able to ask all my questions afterwards. However, I was encouraged to send additional questions via email.

First day of March I received a phone call, asking for further details to complete their records and also seeking a little more patience regarding their final decision. By the end of the week the interviewer herself called to deliver the positive decision.

The following few weeks I received a lot of support by various people from the company in filling out forms, finding a place to stay, etc.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember any particularly difficult or unexpected questions, as they were either specific to my presentation or in general about where I would see myself in a team in terms of strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question