Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hughes Communications
- Software Engineer (11)
- Entry Software Engineer (10)
- Entry Level Software Engineer (4)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer Member of Technical Staff Level II (2)
- RF Engineer (2)
- Network Engineer II (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Member of Technical Staff II (2)
- Member Technical Staff (1)
- Billing Specialist (1)
- Applications Engineer II (1)
- Entry Level Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Board Design Engineer (1)
- Citrix Engineer (1)
- Member of Technical Staff II, Software Engineer (1)
- Member of Technical Staff - Hardware (1)
- Marketing Specialist (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Senior Principal Software Engineer (1)
- Testing Technician (1)
- Hardware Engineer (1)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Member of Technical Staff (1)
- Member of Technical Staff I (1)
- Hardware Engineer Member of Technical Staff Level II (1)
- MTS-2 Software Engineer (1)
- Systems Engineer II (1)
- Planner (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Communications in September 2015.
Receive an email to schedule a phone interview time after two days Phone interview with a korean lady who just relocated to the US Introduce yourself Introduce your course project Introduce your research project Explain OSI model Explain OOP Explain virtual memory Explain BGP Explain mutex How to implement itoa (integer to string) Why do you apply hughes...
- Do you have any questions? 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative Experience
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Baltimore, MD).
Got onsite interview one month after the phone interview. The coordination was so poor. There are supposed to be 5 rounds, but one of the interviewer even did't show up. HR is un-professional that won't even inform you the result after the interview.
- Fundermental questions about C++ and RTOS Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.
first two rounds HR next two rounds of Technical and they have taken 3 weeks for the reply which was very long .and the interview was not that difficult.they asked questions mainly from CCNA.
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD) in May 2015.
The process is somewhat hectic. You interview with 5 people in various roles of management. Instead of sitting in a conference room I had to walk around to each person. That was a little strange but not a deterrent. Everyone was very professional and friendly.
- How do you deal with stress? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD).
HR was very persistent in recruiting me. I had a phone interview with my direct report and everything went smoothly. The Director was very excited to meet with me. The HR recruiter informed me that I was coming in for an in-person interview to meet my direct report. Unbeknownst to me I was interviewing with the entire team (5 additional surprise interviews). The HR recruiter was supposed to meet me before my interview, but she was in a prior meeting that ran over by 30 minutes. I had no idea who was who and even asked one of the interviewers who and how many people I was meeting with because no one told me I had multiple interviews for that day. She laughed and said, "that's how things are around here with HR". I eventually meet up with the HR lady after the interviewers were over. She then informed me I needed a packet and forgot to give it to me. Needless to say I was qualified (1 of the final 3), but didn't get the best chance at the job because of a huge miscommunication about the interview process for that day. This iced the cake, when the Marketing Administrator walked by and said good bye and good luck to me about my interview, the HR recruiter asked me who she was...
- What are some examples of ways you stay organized? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Communications.
I met them at my university career fair, then I got a phone call about a month later to schedule an appointment for the technical interview phone call. Few days later I had the technical Interview phone call and it was normal.
- They asked about the stuff I worked with and about basic Java Programming such as polymorphism, abstract methods, etc., and also about Sockets, Database, and Tomcat. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.
Hughes Communications was having a college day. There were many college students. I had four interviews. Three of them were technical. I was asked to do some problems related. The first interviewer had me do a recursion problem. I was asked to validate a Mathematical expression using recursion. The second interviewer came and asked me the difference between TCP and UDP communications. The third interviewer just asked some basic questions. He didn't try to ask any technical questions. The last interviewer had me solve the Tower of Hanai problem and some other problems.
- Difference between SOAP and REST 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.
Basic self-introduction and data analysis methods. V.P. is a nice person and has very insightful knowledge about the industry. The data is so complicated that simple separations of clusters are not possible.
- Consumer behavior of the current sales plan. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.
The interview process took about a week. First was a brief 30 min phone interview followed by 7 rounds of on-site interview. Questions were COMPLETELY based on what was there on my resume and a lot of behavioral questions with basic protocol related questions.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.
- Find a median of a unsorted array?Write in Python. 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review