Hughes Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Got onsite interview one month after the phone interview. The coordination was so poor. There are supposed to be 5 rounds, but one of the interviewer even did't show up. HR is un-professional that won't even inform you the result after the interview.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

first two rounds HR next two rounds of Technical and they have taken 3 weeks for the reply which was very long .and the interview was not that difficult.they asked questions mainly from CCNA.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is somewhat hectic. You interview with 5 people in various roles of management. Instead of sitting in a conference room I had to walk around to each person. That was a little strange but not a deterrent. Everyone was very professional and friendly.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD).

Interview

HR was very persistent in recruiting me. I had a phone interview with my direct report and everything went smoothly. The Director was very excited to meet with me. The HR recruiter informed me that I was coming in for an in-person interview to meet my direct report. Unbeknownst to me I was interviewing with the entire team (5 additional surprise interviews). The HR recruiter was supposed to meet me before my interview, but she was in a prior meeting that ran over by 30 minutes. I had no idea who was who and even asked one of the interviewers who and how many people I was meeting with because no one told me I had multiple interviews for that day. She laughed and said, "that's how things are around here with HR". I eventually meet up with the HR lady after the interviewers were over. She then informed me I needed a packet and forgot to give it to me. Needless to say I was qualified (1 of the final 3), but didn't get the best chance at the job because of a huge miscommunication about the interview process for that day. This iced the cake, when the Marketing Administrator walked by and said good bye and good luck to me about my interview, the HR recruiter asked me who she was...

Entry Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Communications.

Interview

I met them at my university career fair, then I got a phone call about a month later to schedule an appointment for the technical interview phone call. Few days later I had the technical Interview phone call and it was normal.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the stuff I worked with and about basic Java Programming such as polymorphism, abstract methods, etc., and also about Sockets, Database, and Tomcat.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for Entry Level Software Engineer position with Hughes through career portal.Within a week, I got a call for scheduling first round of interview.But they postponed it fo almost two weeks.I had my first round of interview with one of the Principal Engineer.The interview was about your skill set and included questions on Deployment of Web application,Working of Tomcat Server,Servlets,JSPs,JavaScript,Database,AngularJS,JSON,XML and different projects in resume.After 15 days,they gave a call for onsite.They took care of travel and accommodation and I travelled a day before my interview.On the day of interview, they said there will be 4 rounds,each of 45 mins and a 15 mins round with HR. First Round: In detail discussion about your resume and your skill sets.Then the interviewer asked me questions from a booklet like difference between JDK and JRE,difference between final method,keyword,and class,difference between SQL and PL/SQL, and basic Java Questions. Second Round: This interviewer asked me about my area of interest and where would like to see in future and how can I contribute to a team.About in detail working of a web application development,few questions on OSI layer and difference between TCP/IP and UDP,asked me to write a SQL query for a problem and JavaScript code. Third Round: He just asked me some behavioral questions and then questions on databases like normalization vs denormalization.He asked me to solve a brain teaser question programmatically and problem scenario on working with HTML.Question on HTML: how do you identify different phone numbers present in Hughes Website(which includes about 1000-1500 different HTML pages) and replace it with only one phone number.Phone number formats were different which includes - or () or space or nothing. Fourth Round: This interview was my last round and I was almost tired sitting in one room.This interviewer asked me questions on variety of topics like Networks,working of HTTP protocol,Normalization of Database and some algorithm and data structure questions.The questions were simple like finding median of an unsorted array and write it in Python language and to write a query on some scenario. HR round: She just asked me to check the data I filled in a form prior to interview is correct or not and gave information about package,benefits and leaves. Overall , the experience was good and learned more about the company and their work.To my knowledge ,I gave my best but got a rejection letter after 2 days.I couldn't figure out why was I rejected.I just advise them to have a clarity on what they require from a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Find a median of a unsorted array?Write in Python.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied directly in the company website.Then I got a phone call after a month to schedule an appointment for the technical interview phone call. Few days later I had the technical Interview phone call and it was normal. Waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about my academic projects . JBDC, OOPS concepts   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Hughes Communications was having a college day. There were many college students. I had four interviews. Three of them were technical. I was asked to do some problems related. The first interviewer had me do a recursion problem. I was asked to validate a Mathematical expression using recursion. The second interviewer came and asked me the difference between TCP and UDP communications. The third interviewer just asked some basic questions. He didn't try to ask any technical questions. The last interviewer had me solve the Tower of Hanai problem and some other problems.

Interview Questions

• Difference between SOAP and REST   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic self-introduction and data analysis methods. V.P. is a nice person and has very insightful knowledge about the industry. The data is so complicated that simple separations of clusters are not possible.

Interview Questions

• Consumer behavior of the current sales plan.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. First was a brief 30 min phone interview followed by 7 rounds of on-site interview. Questions were COMPLETELY based on what was there on my resume and a lot of behavioral questions with basic protocol related questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain your projects/ experience in so and so internship.   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself with 10 adjectives.   Answer Question
    • Give an example where you worked in a team and what were the core challenges that you faced while working in a team.   Answer Question