Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hughes Communications
- Software Engineer (9)
- Entry Software Engineer (9)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Entry Level Software Engineer (3)
- RF Engineer (2)
- Network Engineer II (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Software Engineer Member of Technical Staff Level II (2)
- Member of Technical Staff II (2)
- Member Technical Staff (1)
- Entry Level Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Board Design Engineer (1)
- Citrix Engineer (1)
- Member of Technical Staff - Hardware (1)
- Hardware Engineer Member of Technical Staff Level II (1)
- MTS-2 Software Engineer (1)
- Marketing Specialist (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Senior Principal Software Engineer (1)
- Testing Technician (1)
- Hardware Engineer (1)
- Member of Technical Staff (1)
- Member of Technical Staff I (1)
- Planner (1)
Systems Engineer Interview
Once your interview is set up with the HR through e-mail, the HR is the person that starts off your interview process with the overview and details of the company. After that, you are interviewed one on one by 4 or 5 people for about 30 minutes at a time, lasting about 4 hours in total. Typical Redhat, Networking, RF questions. Definitely seemed like a good place to work at with good people and a nice work culture.
- The majority of the questions were Linux and CCNA based with some RF questions. The more difficult questions that I found were from the systems engineers whom were trying to be tricky. Basically, these questions were mathematical and logical, but presented in the manner that people tend to over think the answer and make it more difficult than it really is. This is very subjective though because it varied from systems engineer to systems engineer. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Hughes Communications
Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferDifficult InterviewNo OfferDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Hughes Communications (Germantown, MD) in December 2012.
The phone interview was very simple, just basic questions. On site interviews lasted for 6 hours, ranged from very easy to difficult. Some one with CCNA certification might find little tough.
- Show your willingness to learn! Answer Question
Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Hughes Communications in April 2010.
Consisted of a half an hour interview. Questions were mostly from the resume. I was also asked analytical questions like puzzles and riddles.Further some questions were asked about networking basics.
The interviewer seemed more interested in speaking about the company and wanted to impress upon me that this was a very serious and boring entry level job.
- Nothing really difficult or unexpected was asked. Answer Question