Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hulu
- Software Engineer (22)
- Software Developer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (8)
- Customer Support Advocate (5)
- Software Engineering (3)
- Intern (3)
- Ad Trafficker (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Manager (2)
- Software Engineering Intern (2)
- Software Intern (2)
- Software Developer Intern (2)
- Software Developer Internship (1)
- Software Development (1)
- Software Development Engineer (1)
- Attorney (1)
- Associate Researcher (1)
- Helpdesk (1)
- Senior Technical Lead (1)
- Media Buyer (1)
- Media Planner (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Ad Operations (1)
- Online (1)
- Assistant Editor (1)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- Recruiting Coordinator (1)
- Human Resources (1)
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at Hulu in March 2011.
The HR staff was incredibly professional and kind. An exploratory interview with HR before the technical interview followed by scheduling of the technical interview. The technical interview involved getting a code sample 20 minutes prior to the phone call.
While the HR folks were fantastic, the engineer was a different story altogether. Polite but mostly disinterested in the type of engineer I was. Sounded like he was reading off a sheet of questions to ask - no real interest in my answers. The technical portion involved just describing the code that was given. It took me some time to get through the second sample even though it was pretty basic stuff (I get nervous easily) - probably what made them decide against me.
HR got back to me quickly and asked for feedback which I gave.
Again, HR: great. Engineering: Not engaged at all, mostly polite but occasionally rude. Made no effort to put me at ease (not necessarily his job, though).
- Explain code samples given in advance. 2 Answers
Other Interview Reviews for Hulu
Engineering InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hulu in September 2009.
Submitted through school website. Had 1 phone interview with basic technical questions. Went on site with full day of technical questions. Fairly standard technical interviews. People were pretty nice although the full day interview lasted a long time.
- Given array with random integers from negative infinity to infinity, Find the number that only appears once in this array (all the other numbers appear twice). 6 Answers
Engineering InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Hulu in August 2009.
there are three one-one interview. First guy basically did the background checking. 2nd guy asked the work currently doing, followed by technical questions, and code written. 3rd guy also asked technical questions.
- how to reverse a linked list? 2 Answers