Hulu Engineering Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hulu in March 2011.

Interview

The HR staff was incredibly professional and kind. An exploratory interview with HR before the technical interview followed by scheduling of the technical interview. The technical interview involved getting a code sample 20 minutes prior to the phone call. While the HR folks were fantastic, the engineer was a different story altogether. Polite but mostly disinterested in the type of engineer I was. Sounded like he was reading off a sheet of questions to ask - no real interest in my answers. The technical portion involved just describing the code that was given. It took me some time to get through the second sample even though it was pretty basic stuff (I get nervous easily) - probably what made them decide against me. HR got back to me quickly and asked for feedback which I gave. Again, HR: great. Engineering: Not engaged at all, mostly polite but occasionally rude. Made no effort to put me at ease (not necessarily his job, though).

Interview Questions

• Explain code samples given in advance.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Hulu

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hulu in September 2009.

Interview

Submitted through school website. Had 1 phone interview with basic technical questions. Went on site with full day of technical questions. Fairly standard technical interviews. People were pretty nice although the full day interview lasted a long time.

Interview Questions

• Given array with random integers from negative infinity to infinity, Find the number that only appears once in this array (all the other numbers appear twice).   6 Answers

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hulu in August 2009.

Interview

there are three one-one interview. First guy basically did the background checking. 2nd guy asked the work currently doing, followed by technical questions, and code written. 3rd guy also asked technical questions.