Hulu Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.3

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hulu (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Hulu for a Sr. Product Manager position in their Seattle office in summer 2015. I had been contacted by a recruiter a year previously due to relevant experience I had. When I followed up with that recruiter, the process started. I had an initial recruiter chat, the two phone screens-- one with the hiring manager and one with another PM before doing an all-day on-site (which was a mix of in-person and video-conference interviews with people based in Santa Monica) at their Seattle office. The interviews, unsurprisingly, had a strong focus on Hulu's core business, products, and market challenges. I was really impressed with the Hulu team. Their Seattle office is a remote office (the company is based in Santa Monica), but they've done a good job of giving that office's teams clear ownership areas. I found my interviewers very knowledgeable and personable. The process was really well-managed by their recruiter and recruiting coordinators. I got an offer. While I ultimately didn't accept it (I chose to take another opportunity that focused on different skillsets), I could have seen myself at Hulu. I had a number of really good conversations with the hiring manager and he was incredibly up-front about what my future would look like at Hulu and the role he'd play in my success. The position had really intriguing scope. All in all, I'd recommend Hulu to a friend and recommend as a whole the team I interacted with.

Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screening by a recruiter, then a formal phone interview with the hiring manager. Followed by an onsite interview. I'm from out of town, but can honestly say that Hulu goes out of their way to take care of their candidates! I was flown in, provided a rental, hotel, and per diem just for an interview! The interview process was great and friendly. Expected engineering questions (AD, O365, LDAP, etc.), nothing out of the ordinary. Even though I was not selected, it was a great experience which I hope leaves an open door for possible future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 6 months down the road from date of hire (if selected)?   Answer Question

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiting Website contacted me first, had me fill out a literacy test and internet speed test. Next, formal interview with recruiter and then skype interview with Hulu hiring managers the next day.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Two telephone interviews, one in-person interview. Assessment. Process is very straight forward. Opportunity to ask questions. As stated, they are looking for the best. It is a fairly long process as they really put you through the ringer to weed out any bad candidates. It can be overwhelming but being prepared helps. Study the job description to pick up on any key words.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing elsewhere?   1 Answer

Consumer and Markets Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter, who was very friendly and helpful, and then had a second phone interview with the hiring manager. During that second call, the whole thing was extremely uncomfortable, because I was asked questions that assumed I had a particular type of background, which I did not. So as excited as I was to have been given a phone interview with the hiring manager, I honestly don't think the recruiter should have passed me through to the next round. It made for a very unpleasant interview with the hiring manager, and he/she could not have sounded less interested in speaking to me. It definitely made me feel like I was wasting his/her time. I really got my hopes up about the prospect of working at Hulu, and so to have that call go so poorly was a big letdown. I think, as pleasant as the recruiter was to speak to, they may need to tighten up who they let through to speak to the hiring manager, especially if the hiring manager is going to be such a straight-shooter with the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research study you have conducted and how you synthesized data from multiple sources.   Answer Question

Ad Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I applied online. It was 2 phone calls (1 HR, 1 dept manager) then an in-person interview with 7 people (4 hours). I met with department leads and also the director at the time. Interview process was long, but it happened fairly quickly. I was hired within a month.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hulu in March 2015.

Interview

Dint not apply. Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. A coding phone interview was scheduled. I think it was from sales and advertising team . Though the recruiter thought I am a suitable fit for this position, the interviewer thought I genuinely applied for this position and wanted to know why I chose his position. He felt bad when I said I did not chose this position but was looking for opportunities in general.

Interview Questions

• Placing M ads with N separation between them.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

coding challenge followed by a phone call. The recruiter was extremely cooperative and quick to response. I stayed happy throughout the entire process. The interviewer sounded very intellectual and nice. Questions asked were challenging but based on basic algorithm/data structure. The ability to optimize and meet the constraints is crucial when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• two string comparison, xml tree, hybrid data structure, number base   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Emailed right away saying wanting to schedule phone interview. Took a few days to confirm, then was rescheduled 3 times, one of the times I was left waiting for over an hour - she didn't email me until a couple hours later, asking to reschedule again!! What a joke. Then once finally on the phone she was kinda rude. Said she would get back to me the very next day and never got back to me. I even emailed her twice to check the status.... Lost respect for Hulu after this horrible candidate experience.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Overhyped ppl and company.. nt worth a try Solved a coding question... Got a call for telephonic round... I coded 3 difficult level questions in 45 mins... I infact gave them solution fr all scenarios.. interviewer told me dat I just asked u this.. If I gave him a solution for all scenarios except for 1,is it wrong? During whole interview he was'nt even listening to me while I was coding and explaining my logic... 2-3 times I had to ask him whether he was online.. seem he was forced to take this interview.. and wasted my time!! As mentioned on this site.. for them only their solutions are right.. does'nt matter if u give them a better one...I wonder how do they even compare themselves to Google and FB HR is only good thing abt this company... they r v prompt!!