Hulu Interview Questions

3.2

Ad Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hulu.

I applied online. It was 2 phone calls (1 HR, 1 dept manager) then an in-person interview with 7 people (4 hours). I met with department leads and also the director at the time. Interview process was long, but it happened fairly quickly. I was hired within a month.

Coordinator Interview

Very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Emailed right away saying wanting to schedule phone interview. Took a few days to confirm, then was rescheduled 3 times, one of the times I was left waiting for over an hour - she didn't email me until a couple hours later, asking to reschedule again!! What a joke. Then once finally on the phone she was kinda rude. Said she would get back to me the very next day and never got back to me. I even emailed her twice to check the status.... Lost respect for Hulu after this horrible candidate experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hulu in February 2015.

coding challenge followed by a phone call. The recruiter was extremely cooperative and quick to response. I stayed happy throughout the entire process. The interviewer sounded very intellectual and nice. Questions asked were challenging but based on basic algorithm/data structure. The ability to optimize and meet the constraints is crucial when answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • two string comparison, xml tree, hybrid data structure, number base   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Overhyped ppl and company.. nt worth a try

Solved a coding question... Got a call for telephonic round...
    I coded 3 difficult level questions in 45 mins... I infact gave them solution fr all scenarios.. interviewer told me dat I just asked u this.. If I gave him a solution for all scenarios except for 1,is it wrong?
    During whole interview he was'nt even listening to me while I was coding and explaining my logic... 2-3 times I had to ask him whether he was online.. seem he was forced to take this interview.. and wasted my time!!
    As mentioned on this site.. for them only their solutions are right.. does'nt matter if u give them a better one...I wonder how do they even compare themselves to Google and FB
    HR is only good thing abt this company... they r v prompt!!

Software Developer Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hulu in February 2015.

I've got to say that Hulu's interview process for internships is one of the best I've gone through. The recruiters are highly responsive and willing to accommodate you throughout the process. Like others have mentioned, I had to start off with a challenging but fair programming challenge followed by a 1 hour phone screen. What's neat about the challenge is that you can find yourself having to learn something new while approaching the problem and it tests that. Overall a fun process for sure!

Interview Questions
    • Programming challenge and standard data structure questions   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hulu.

Took an online assessment which was supposed to be able to solve a hangman game. Very difficult and seemed like an unnecessarily long first-round interview question. It had an 8-hour time limit and was the preliminary challenge which filtered future candidates for the other interview rounds.

Associate Researcher Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hulu.

I have 1st phone interview, and 5 onsite interviews( 3 for algorithm coding problem, 2 for research project). For coding interview, each one contains one algorithm problem.
    phone interview: Given an interval, such as [4, 100], return the number of integers, which could not be divided by 3,5,7
    onsite interview:
    1) There are n shops in a street and each shop could give you a gift with value v_i. Yet, the limit is you can not get the i-1 and i+1 shop's gift if you have already get the gift from ith shop. Return the maximum value that you could have when you go along the street. Then the follow up is that the street has been changed to a circle.
    2) Given an array of integers, the position is called "perfect" if the value in this position is smaller than its neighbor. Return one of the "perfect" position. You must give an O(log(n)) time complexity algorithm.
    3) An algorithm design problem, something like 'black&white hat'
    Research interview:
    1) details about my previous project
    2) Some basic understanding about machine learning and data mining

Overall, the interview takes so long and you need to solve the coding problem quickly, give the optimal solution and coding it with bug-free. In addition, you need have to solve some problem regarding your intelligence, then your knowledge about your professional areas still matters. Now I am still on the waiting list.

Interview Questions
    • The problem regarding your intelligence, for instance, designing a method to solve a situation, such as 'black&white' hat   Answer Question

Customer Support Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hulu.

Applied on their website and received an email from their recruiter 2 days later saying that they were very interested and impressed by my resume. Recruiter asked for my best available times later that week, I gave them. A day later he/she responds saying that they meant the next week not the current week but the person didn't acknowledge their mistake, which is fine. I gave a wide open availability for the following week. Received a phone interview from the recruiter the next week. Went very well took about 45 minutes. Answered standard questions like; best accomplishment, best supervisor and why, etc. I, believe, I answered all of the questions fairly well. By the end of the call I was told the salary amount being offered which is average for the type of position and I was told that I would be receiving an email detailing the next steps and schedule for my 1on1 interview with the supervisor for the said position as I had been moved forward in the process. I was pretty happy and thrilled. Two hours later I received a message from the recruiter saying that the "team" didn't think I was a good fit and didn't even want to do the next phone interview with me.

They really should have the hiring managers see the applicants resumes when the recruiters do before wasting people's time and guaranteeing an next step interview.

Software Engineering Interview

They email me a coding challenge and I have 8 hours to complete it. After a week I got reply that they gave me a phone interview. The interviewer asked some questions about hash table and other data structures. The question was not too hard, but I was not doing well.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hulu.

One hour phone interview with Hulu. Was asked one coding question and one design question. I thought I answered them pretty well, but got "Thanks but no thanks" email later from recruiter. The recruiter was very responsive.