Hulu Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.3

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu.

Interview

I had been contacted by a recruiter. When I followed up with that recruiter, the process started. I had an initial recruiter chat, the two phone screens-- one with the hiring manager and one with another person before doing an all-day on-site. I was really impressed with the Hulu team. I found my interviewers very knowledgeable and personable. The process was really well-managed by their recruiter and recruiting coordinators.The recruiter told me to wait a few days for their answer but I never got an answer back.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hulu (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Hulu for a Sr. Product Manager position in their Seattle office in summer 2015. I had been contacted by a recruiter a year previously due to relevant experience I had. When I followed up with that recruiter, the process started. I had an initial recruiter chat, the two phone screens-- one with the hiring manager and one with another PM before doing an all-day on-site (which was a mix of in-person and video-conference interviews with people based in Santa Monica) at their Seattle office. The interviews, unsurprisingly, had a strong focus on Hulu's core business, products, and market challenges. I was really impressed with the Hulu team. Their Seattle office is a remote office (the company is based in Santa Monica), but they've done a good job of giving that office's teams clear ownership areas. I found my interviewers very knowledgeable and personable. The process was really well-managed by their recruiter and recruiting coordinators. I got an offer. While I ultimately didn't accept it (I chose to take another opportunity that focused on different skillsets), I could have seen myself at Hulu. I had a number of really good conversations with the hiring manager and he was incredibly up-front about what my future would look like at Hulu and the role he'd play in my success. The position had really intriguing scope. All in all, I'd recommend Hulu to a friend and recommend as a whole the team I interacted with.

Technical Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of scenarios, in the S.T.A.R. Format. They gave me a scenario on a customer issue and how would I handle it. Definitely must be familiar with basic troubleshooting procedures, like trouble shooting a poor video stream etc etc. I would suggest viewing their FAQ on their website under troubleshooting.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu in June 2015.

Interview

I had an Initial phone interview with recruiter, phone call with a hiring manager, and an onsite visit where I met 6 people. At each stage, the questions were more or less the same, nothing out of the ordinary. What stood out the most was the people working there. In line with everything I read on Glassdoor, some employees were amazing and some were a turnoff. An interview question I got was, "Have you seen Difficult people? What do you think of it?" I gave my opinion and when I asked the interviewer, his response was "working at Hulu, I don't have time to watch anything". Overall, Hulu has some incredible people who blew me out of the water, but I was concerned with what I read about the company and some of my interactions with the employees who just didn't seem happy.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in a team or individually? Describe yourself in three words. Whats your management style?   Answer Question

Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screening by a recruiter, then a formal phone interview with the hiring manager. Followed by an onsite interview. I'm from out of town, but can honestly say that Hulu goes out of their way to take care of their candidates! I was flown in, provided a rental, hotel, and per diem just for an interview! The interview process was great and friendly. Expected engineering questions (AD, O365, LDAP, etc.), nothing out of the ordinary. Even though I was not selected, it was a great experience which I hope leaves an open door for possible future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 6 months down the road from date of hire (if selected)?   Answer Question

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiting Website contacted me first, had me fill out a literacy test and internet speed test. Next, formal interview with recruiter and then skype interview with Hulu hiring managers the next day.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Two telephone interviews, one in-person interview. Assessment. Process is very straight forward. Opportunity to ask questions. As stated, they are looking for the best. It is a fairly long process as they really put you through the ringer to weed out any bad candidates. It can be overwhelming but being prepared helps. Study the job description to pick up on any key words.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing elsewhere?   1 Answer

Consumer and Markets Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter, who was very friendly and helpful, and then had a second phone interview with the hiring manager. During that second call, the whole thing was extremely uncomfortable, because I was asked questions that assumed I had a particular type of background, which I did not. So as excited as I was to have been given a phone interview with the hiring manager, I honestly don't think the recruiter should have passed me through to the next round. It made for a very unpleasant interview with the hiring manager, and he/she could not have sounded less interested in speaking to me. It definitely made me feel like I was wasting his/her time. I really got my hopes up about the prospect of working at Hulu, and so to have that call go so poorly was a big letdown. I think, as pleasant as the recruiter was to speak to, they may need to tighten up who they let through to speak to the hiring manager, especially if the hiring manager is going to be such a straight-shooter with the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research study you have conducted and how you synthesized data from multiple sources.   Answer Question

Ad Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I applied online. It was 2 phone calls (1 HR, 1 dept manager) then an in-person interview with 7 people (4 hours). I met with department leads and also the director at the time. Interview process was long, but it happened fairly quickly. I was hired within a month.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu in March 2015.

Interview

Dint not apply. Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. A coding phone interview was scheduled. I think it was from sales and advertising team . Though the recruiter thought I am a suitable fit for this position, the interviewer thought I genuinely applied for this position and wanted to know why I chose his position. He felt bad when I said I did not chose this position but was looking for opportunities in general.

Interview Questions

• Placing M ads with N separation between them.   1 Answer