Human Genome Sciences Interview Questions

2.7

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Human Genome Sciences (Rockville, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

This was one of the most natural interview processes I have ever experienced. Received the typical email receipt, then a phone call from a very upbeat person, followed by an interview in person with several people about 30 minutes each. While interviewing I was always encouraged to ask questions and if I was comfortablef, needed breaks etc. Everyone acted as if they were happy that I took the time to look at HGS, and made to feel I had personal and professional worth. The position was represented accurately and I never felt like anyone was trying to hide anything or secretly give me any hidden warnings with a wink and a nod. I did not receive the job but felt like it was a positive experience. I left there wishing I could work there in any position because everyone was so positive.

Interview Questions

• What was a negative work situation that you experienced that you were able to fix and how did you fix it?   1 Answer
    • What would your last set of coworkers say is the best and worst thing about you?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Human Genome Sciences (Rockville, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

First met with a recruiter to give the recruiting agency an idea of my goals and experiences. Then met over the phone with Finance Director to answer simple questions and run the Director I would be working for through my resume. The phone interview also gave me the opportunity to ask questions and learn about the company. Then I met in the office with the finance staff and some other key individuals.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle things when some one of higher authority does not agree with your suggestion for a business decisison?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Human Genome Sciences (Rockville, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

Placed a application in online and heard back about 2 months later from a manager in the manufacturing dept. asking if I wished to schedule a interview. Had the phone interview and they contacted me about two weeks later to fly me out to Rockville for a 1 on 1 and group panel interview. It has been 3 months now and I have given up hope on the job as I have not heard back from them since.

Interview Questions

• What nutrients do you think must be added to the solution for cellular cultures to grow?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Human Genome Sciences (Rockville, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process was very in depth and comprehensive. The process included several departments, making for a wide range of interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the signs that a column is packed well?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they met my expectations at the time.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Human Genome Sciences.

Interview

Contacted the company by their website about an open position. Received an initial phone interview with the department head. Received invitation for a face to face interview with the hiring manager as well as several other employees. I got the impression that they were all very interested in how I would fit in the company culture. I received an offer one week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• It's cliche, but one of the folks asked me what my greatest weakness was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Human Genome Sciences in March 2011.

Interview

interview was easy and fun, but make sure they know what your status before you go to the interview. if you are looking for a sponsorship, they will not do that with whatever reason.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Human Genome Sciences in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasent. First, I did a phone interview, and was later asked to come in a meet with the entire group I would be working with. I came in for a few hours and met with approximately 7 people. A few days later I was called and offered the job.