Human Rights Watch Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Updated Jul 20, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. It wasn't too difficult.The first interview was more general. During the second I got to delve into my interests a bit more and ask more in depth questions about HRW.

Interview Questions
  • This was such a long time ago. I suppose it is a bit difficult to come up with fresh questions during the second round. So one question I asked was for my interviewer to outline the differences between hrw and amnesty.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Human Rights Watch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Had a fairly short in-person interview after applying online. Mostly talked about my background and interests, as well as my knowledge as to how HRW operates. Make sure to do your homework and have some knowledge of the division you're applying to.

Interview Questions
    • What sorts of issues should Human Rights Watch look into? Do you think a human rights approach to public health is valuable?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

I had one interview over the phone and a second interview in person. They contacted me by e-mail to set up both the interviews and the interviewer was great. It is a great place to intern.

Interview Questions
    • It was normal interview questions, nothing difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

The first interview was over the phone with the Associate. Half of the the interview was in English and half was in Spanish. Then, there was a timed exam. If I remember correctly it was 1 or 2 hours to research a specific topic (killings in Juarez, Mexico) and write a report. If you pass this round, you have a final phone interview with the Researcher.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected...i.e. why do you want to work for Human Rights Watch? What skills can you offer to Human Rights Watch?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Human Rights Watch in July 2010.

The interview was very straightforward - I went through my resume, explained my interest in the organization and my work style...nothing out-of-the blue. The also asked about how I felt I could contribute to the organization and my long-term goals.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some questions related to some challenges facing my region of interest.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Application through website posting followed by a short phone interview to cover basic questions. Then called in for an in person interview which lasted 30 minutes. Friendly and covered almost all 'top most common interview questions." Got a response almost immediately, very prompt with emails and phone calls. Friendly and approachable interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with stress? Name two strengths and one weakness.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Human Rights Watch in April 2009.

Interviewer sought to clarify some points in the cover letter and resume. Did not ask difficult questions, allowed interviewee to expand on interests and strengths. Spent most of the interview describing the internship for the interviewee and answering questions about the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Relevant background and interests in the specific division   Answer Question

Worked for Human Rights Watch? Contribute to the Community!