Humana Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Very organized interview process. Had very professional and helpful phone interview. Two weeks later had in person interview and was comped for gas mileage. Recieved an offer a week after.

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in October 2013.

Applied online through Humana's website and was contacted for a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview was with a local recruiter, it consisted of a few general behavioral questions and some questions about my resume. Was invited to interview in Louisville a couple weeks later along with about 20 other people. The on-site interview consisted of two rounds of interviews with two actuaries each. Questions were pre-determined and they recorded my responses. Interview day also consisted of a couple of networking sessions, informational session, and a bus tour of the city. The whole process was very organized and professional; I was reimbursed for food, airport parking, and gas to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made multiple conflicting commitments.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Offer was reasonable and included moving expenses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in September 2013.

First interview was an on campus interview, then a there was a 2nd phone interview and a 3rd interview at Louisville that took a couple days. There was 2 rounds of interviews with different actuaries and a tour around the Humana building and Louisville.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation that was caused by you and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westchester, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Humana in October 2012.

Applied online. Two phone interviews, one from HR and the other with hiring manager. And then I was brought to Westchester office for the final on-site interview, including a lunch with future colleagues and talking with four actuarial associates in the afternoon. All rounds of interviews were consisted of behavior questions. You are able to search online, such as problem solving, communication, cooperation, time management, learning ability, etc. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation where you had to negotiate to change expectations.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Humana in January 2012.

Phone screen led to an on-site at the corporate HQ. Interview was pretty straight-forward, mostly personality questions. They apparently interviewed a lot of people for only a few slots the day I was there.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found a better way to solve a problem that went against what your supervisor's desired method was?   View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Humana in September 2012.

Tow interviews: the first one was set up in the campus, which was mainly behavioral questions: why actuarial science; what motives you; and talked about sth. in the resume. The second interview was informed in about three weeks after the first round, which was a phone interview conducted by an actuary who just got his FSA and have been working in Humana for six years. The second round also included the behavioral questions like leadership style.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Humana in January 2012.

Completely unorganized experience. Had I moved forward in the interview process, I wouldn't select this company anyway. I got a phone interview after dropping off my resume at a job fair. The problem was that the HR rep had difficulty keeping the appointment. First, she called me AFTER the phone interview was supposed to start and asked to reschedule. When the rescheduled appointment came around, she didn't even call. I had to call her back several times over the next couple of days. When we actually had the phone interview, she was rude and not at all apologetic.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in December 2008.

The interview process had its ups and downs.

Pros:
    -The process was FAST. I was not expecting to go from phone interview to flying in for live interviews to receiving an offer in under 2 weeks.
    -All expenses were covered and I was put up in a very nice hotel.
    -Interview lunch was at a nice local restaurant.

Cons:
    -The actual interview process was a bit chaotic. I wasn't given good dirrection/instruction on how to get where I needed to go.
    -The interview schedule was changed several times, and ended up being different than any of the schedules I had received.

Interview Questions
    • How would you write a "For" loop in Visual Basic?   View Answer

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!