Humana

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in May 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online-contacted via e-mail to set up phone interview-phone interview lasts about 30 minutes-follow up face to face interview that lasted about an hour and a half-received a call from potential manager-received call from recruiter with offer-acceppt offer through e-mail-background check, drug test must be taken within 3 days- just make sure to check your e-mail

Interview Question – Behavioral questions-asked what your current salary is and what you are wanting to make   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered what I felt I deserved-they compensate well

Administrative Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Humana in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very confusing process, went into interview for one Coordinator position; which I was told by my interviewer was already filled, then interviewed for a lower profile position that I ended up getting. No traditional interview questions, I was more or less given a run down of duties, and not asked for feedback. The details that I ended up covering where far off base that what was communicated on the interview. Ended up being hired as my interviewer's coordinator, and come to find out that the original position I interviewed for was filled by someone after my interview date.

Interview Question – There where no traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were done entirely over the first 2 initial phone interviews with the recruiter. No salary negotiations were done with my face to face interviewer.

Administrative Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in June 2012.

Interview Details – This job was posted in April. I submitted my online application in April. I was contacted by a recruiter the first week in May to have a phone interview a couple of days later. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes and went well. The recruiter informed me that someone would be in contact with me within a week or so once they decided when a face to face interview would take place. I was contacted a couple of weeks later by a Director in order to schedule another phone interview with me, him, and the lady I would report to. The second phone interview also went very well and lasted about 30 minutes. I was told they would be in contact with me within the next week. Three weeks later, I was contacted by the lady I would report to saying she wanted to meet with me in person. I met with her for all of 15 minutes. She didn't interview me cause as she stated, she had already done that. So we just chatted about the role. I got even more excited about the role after hearing her discuss it even more. She expressed her like for me and told me when I asked when she would make a decision she said she hoped it would be in the next week. That was over two weeks ago, so I emailed her to inquire about my application status and guess what?!! No response. The interviewers were very nice and I really liked them. I just don't understand why they are so slow, and don't respond when you inquire about your status. Quite frustrating especially since I really want the job and they seemed very pleased with me!! At this point I don't know what to think. Its the second week in July, I applied in April and have been speaking to them off and on since the first week in May!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Humana Administrative Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Humana employees and interview candidates.