Humana

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Service Coordinator

I applied online - interviewed at Humana in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was first called asking if I was interested in the position after 2 months had passed after I first applied, then I was given a lengthy questionnaire and interviews given my a panel, many repetitive questions asking what happened, what you did to fix the problem and what was the outcome.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was provided a decent offer

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Humana in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Saturday and got an email Tuesday to set-up a phone interview with the recruiter. The interview was set the next day. The call from the recruiter came late but she apologized for it. The phone interview lasted around 20 minutes. The recruiter first gave an overall description of the position, explaining the duties and responsibilities in full details. She then asked me if I am still interested with the role. When I said "yes", she went on and started with her questions. All the questions where situation questions. "When was a time you..." and you have to discuss your experience. After every question, there's an awkward silent for about a minute, I guess the recruiter is taking down notes. She asked around 7 or 8 questions before it was my turn to ask her.

I asked her some questions about the position but didn't got the answers I wanted. She gave me an explanation of something else instead. This position is practically being an administrative assistant to all the sales agents (both internal and external). I asked the recruiter about how many sales agents am I going to serve and she couldn't give a number, not even an estimate. After the interview, the recruiter told me she'd forward my application to her hiring manager and I should expect a call or email within the next few days.

The "next few days" stretched into weeks. When I didn't heard anything back in a week, I emailed the recruiter for an update. She replied and said she's have the answer in a few more days. Two weeks after the phone interview, I got the rejection letter.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All where the generic "When was a time you..." questions.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – Applied through their online application. Received an email about 2 weeks later to set up phone interview with the recruiter. It was about 20 minutes and more of an overview of the job, basic background questions, and skills clarification. She then said she would forward my resume to the hiring manager and hopefully get a call within a week. About 4 days later I received a call from a different recruiter, not the hiring manager, to set up the in-person interview the following week. I was told to expect to be there 2 hours.

ALL behavioral/scenario questions. They had the STAR method written on the whiteboard behind them to remind me how to respond to questions. I was interviewed by the regional manager and and a sales manager first. Both were very friendly and patient and easy to talk to. Then next hour I met with the director and another manager. Another set of "explain how you would improve communication" etc type questions. Quite exhausting. They were kind, though a little more serious than the first 2.

What I found interesting was at the end the director explained they tally how well you answered the questions, add up the numbers, plug them into a worksheet and whoever scores the highest--well, wins. He said this cuts any bias. Hmm. So just because they might LOVE you doesn't mean you'll win the numbers game.

I've been on many interviews and had an answer for every question. I feel I nailed it, however I received a rejected email about 2 weeks after they said they would call. All this job really encompasses is greeting clients, turning on movies, and answering the phone. The intense interview and confusingly high expectations didn't match the position. I have no idea what they want, but this was basically a receptionist job, and their benefits are poor. I'm sort of glad they didn't hire me.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation in a past position and how you handled it emotionally   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Humana in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from the Humana Recruiter after submitting my resume online. After several initial questions I was asked my availability for an in-person interview. I received a follow-up letter from the recruiter with instructions and the names of the people I would be interviewing with. The interview site was further away than the actual site where the position would be. After waiting several minutes in the lobby I was invited into a room with two interviewers. One was the existing guidance center manager and the other the Marketing Director. They were both very professional and pleasant and based on their feedback and responses I feel I did well on the interview. They indicated that a decision would be made within one to two weeks. I followed up with a thank you letter to them both. After about 2 weeks I received a message from the recruiter and returned her call but only got her answering machine so I left a message. The following day I did not get a response so I tried again at the office number and left a second message and still no call back. Finally I sent an email to her letting her know that I had tried to respond to her call but had not been able to reach her and so was following up by email. Never got any response by email or by Phone. Very unprofessional considering that one of the items brought up in the interview was the importance of follow-up and resolving issues for clients. The interview experience was positive but the follow-up was not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult client/situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • They explained the position responsibilities and wanted to know how my prior work experience would relate to the required job function.   Answer Question

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Humana in April 2008.

Interview Details – The initial interview came from the Sales Manager who interviewed me with the person I was to replace. The second and final interview came from the Director, Manager of Sales Administration and my predecessor. I recieved an offer about 1 week after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult decision you had to make with a customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you did not agree with your Supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very happy with my offer and did not need to negotiate.

Administrative Services Coordinator

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to the job online, and then a week later I was contacted for an interview. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, and then was asked for a in-person interview later that week. The in-person interview was with the director, and it went well. I sent a follow-up thank you, and was offered the role a few days later. I know from internal interactions, the recruiters are notoriously slow on both ends, and a slow response from a recruiter often doesn't relate to a slow response from the hiring manager. Humana is huge on situation questions, and they want that what's the situation, how did you handle it, what was the resolution flow. The more specific, the better. In the end though, it might not be you. Sometimes they just never fill positions, and they have no reason why. Big companies are just strange sometimes and you might never know why the recruiter just dropped off the face of the earth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't have one.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!