Humana Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Starts off with submitting your resume to HR. Next step is a phone interview with a recuiter, if that all goes well a face to face interview is schudled with the Hiring manager and at least one other person from the team. They will then tell you that they want to wrap things up in the next couple of days, and then you end up waiting 2 or 3 weeks because for whatever reason there is always, always a delay with HR. This is the worst part about all of it, lots and lots of waiting for HR to do whatever it is they do.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions we difficult or unexpected. They ask for examples to real world situations. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I applied for my entry level position in March and was contacted about two weeks later via email requesting to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter wanted to know my experience with Microsoft products and education. At the end of the phone interview that recruiter set up an in person interview for the following week. I went to the in person interview where I was met by two people. One took notes while the other questioned. The interviewing manager was very transparent and I knew that he was interested in hiring me without me having to ask. About one to two weeks later I received an offer from the recruiter pending my drug test results.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with management. How did you approach this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Humana offers are usually strong offers. I accepted without negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

HR has a strict process overseeing how managers hire people in. When a manager posts an opening, HR publishes it on the website and tries to interpret what the manager is looking for. Once HR has some applications they will put together a list of a select few applicants and will forward their resumes to the manager. Note here that HR acts as a gatekeeper at this step and a hiring manager will never see your resume if you have a bad HR screener. If a manager likes your resume, they will ask for a phone screen, which is pretty easy to get through. **Try to get the names of all the managers and departments whose jobs you're applying to** Next, you'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager, and you should be well prepared for this one. Drop the names of all the departments, managers, and job titles you're applying too. This will give the hiring manager a good idea of the position/type of work you're looking for; they will likely know the people and positions you're talking about. If you receive an offer from several teams/departments, they'll ask you which one you want to work with. After that, the departments will haggle with each other and you'll receive an offer from one of them. You won't necessarily be offered the position you chose. All of this will all happen fast. Each step of the process will likely be separated by a period of only a few days. Expect an offer within days of interview. If you don't get an offer, then try to capitalize on the knowledge you've gained of the organizational structure and recognize that it's a big organization with lots of other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Each hiring manager is going to be a little different, but HR dictates a lot of the hiring processes. You should expect fairly standard questions, try to give a non-standard response (obviously).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level analyst. No negotiation. Expect ~ $50k. Consultant level encompasses a wider range of talent is more reasonable to negotiate. A reasonable Consultant salary is ~$60k. They will put a lot of weight on the expected salary you put on your resume. Don't even bother asking for $100k unless you're at a Director or "Strategic Consultant" level.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Humana in January 2012.

Interview

rejected by HR but got the interview through a friend. phone interview with recruiter. in-person group interview (five people) then an individual interview with my manager. had to wait a long time to hear back. HR called to say I was going to get an offer. offer came weeks later. very long process.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle working with difficult people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in May 2010.

Interview

very slow on feedback. Told me after the fact that the team was out of town for several weeks, would have been nice to know. Two months later have yet to receive recimbursment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2009.

Interview

Applied online through a job portal. Got a call from recruiter. I Cleared the initial screening. Got a call from hiring manager after 3 weeks. It was a 20+ minutes phone interview, specifically about the job. Few questions were asked regarding my present job. If i clear the phone interview, i might have a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave the company you are working for presently ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your projects listed in your resume.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how good are you at dealing with certain situations.. specifically dealing with clients ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in August 2009.

Interview

It was an internal position. However, I did not feel the position was going to be filled. And it never was.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in February 2009.

Interview

Online application, interview then hr follow up for pay

Interview Questions

• Humana expected real life answers and examples. Be specific!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Na

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in February 2008.

Interview

After the initial interviews with a recruiter on campus, I visited the headquarters in Louisville, KY. The night before the interviews we had a dinner and a chance to meet some of the managers and directors in the company. The day of the interview I had a chance to meet with 3 different departments for different roles. I was made offers for 2 out of the three roles and the salaries were equalized to make the decision easier for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little bit, but they had pretty set rules on how much they would pay you based on the school you graduated from and where you were working.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Humana in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is normally pretty lengthy. I applied to this job and was not interviewed the first go round so the they interviewed me when they needed additional people which was about 3-4 months later. I was contacted by a recruiter for a interview. then a couple weeks later the manager had requested a initial face to face interview. The interview was pretty nice. I did have more then one person in the room, I guess because of the type of position I was applying for. But everyone in the room made me feel comfortable. They was nice and very relaxed. I still had to be professional. of course. It did last the entire hour. They had several questions regarding experiences on my resume, But overall it was a good process. The hiring process is the longest I ever seen. But to my understanding the hire base on priority. If another deaprtment is in immediate need for people they will continue with their hiring process first.

Interview Questions

• Please name a time when you had to complete several different task at one time and how did you get this accomplished. I need a problem, solution and outocome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A