Humana

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, half way through he mentioned two available positions that I hadn't applied for. Applied for other positions, received phone interview with manager, in person interview with manager, then brief in person interview with executive leadership. End to end process was about a month. Received a phone offer a couple days after final interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Check average salaries and negotiate $7k above the average rate.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then two interviews with hiring manager
Mostly behavioral based questions or "Tell me about a time when ..." Be prepared to give examples of successful projects and failed projects along with learnings

Negotiation Details – they don't really negotiate. is what it is.

Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – Very informal for first interview. The next two became increasingly formal with directed questions.

Interview Question – Coming out of college I had little to no experience. So all the "past experience" questions were tough. They use a "STAR" approach to interviewing.   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in October 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume on 9/10. Basic phone screen on 10/5. Interviewed on 10/15, offered position 10/20. Start date 11/2. Interview was casual and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work evenings and weekends? Loads to production are done in the middle of the night.   View Answer
  • Are you world class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried to submit a counter offer, but was told that Humana does not negotiate.

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Humana in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very average, There was a phone interview, followed by another phone interview. The phone interviewer acted as the liaison between myself and the hiring manager. She extended the offer and discussed options with me.
There were two in person interviews. One with the director and a manager, and another with the director and another manager (the weren't sure which area I would be reporting in).

Interview Question – What is your 2 minute elevator pitch?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Humana Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Humana employees and interview candidates.