Humana Business Analyst Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, half way through he mentioned two available positions that I hadn't applied for. Applied for other positions, received phone interview with manager, in person interview with manager, then brief in person interview with executive leadership. End to end process was about a month. Received a phone offer a couple days after final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Check average salaries and negotiate $7k above the average rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in January 2014.

Interview

Application process was online, had a basic phone interview with a recruiter, after that a more in-depth in-person interview with hiring manager and three potential coworkers. The questions were all extremely standard interview questions - they actually read them off a piece of paper, going around the room, and took notes while I talked. Questions like, 'describe a time when...' were the most common. Examples; disagreed with supervisor, resolved a conflict, faced a challenge, etc. Received a call from the same initial recruiter shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   2 Answers

Offered a promotion to remain with current department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Very informal for first interview. The next two became increasingly formal with directed questions.

Interview Questions

• Coming out of college I had little to no experience. So all the "past experience" questions were tough. They use a "STAR" approach to interviewing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, then two interviews with hiring manager Mostly behavioral based questions or "Tell me about a time when ..." Be prepared to give examples of successful projects and failed projects along with learnings

Negotiation

they don't really negotiate. is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter will call to make a first assessment. A first or second interview will be recorded. Always speak of YOUR accomplishments, even if you have been working with teams.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time when" can be such a vague question and may be focused on such a minor item that it doesn't really let you promote yourself in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not a wide range of negotiation in salary in my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume on 9/10. Basic phone screen on 10/5. Interviewed on 10/15, offered position 10/20. Start date 11/2. Interview was casual and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work evenings and weekends? Loads to production are done in the middle of the night.   1 Answer
    • Are you world class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to submit a counter offer, but was told that Humana does not negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in August 2011.

Interview

Very average, There was a phone interview, followed by another phone interview. The phone interviewer acted as the liaison between myself and the hiring manager. She extended the offer and discussed options with me. There were two in person interviews. One with the director and a manager, and another with the director and another manager (the weren't sure which area I would be reporting in).