Humana Case Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Received an email notification one day after applying online to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was the next week with a recruiter. Lasted about 30 minutes and asked basic questions about work experience as well as a few behavioral interview questions...what would you/tell me about a time situations. At the end of that call was set up for a video interview the next week. Video interview lasted about an hour and was similar to phone interview but was with the direct supervisor. I was originally told one start date from recruiter and a different start date from supervisor which conflicted with notice I would have to give to my current employer. Was informed I would hear something back from them quickly. However, never received any notification. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Just general behavioral interview questions. Have answers/scenarios prepared ahead of time   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in June 2014.

Interview

They complete the first interview with the Human Resources Manager and if you do well the second interview is with your direct supervisor. The interview is done with webcam so make sure that your equipment is working properly. They do not give you much time to prepare for the second interview or the first one.

Interview Questions

• They want you to give detailed examples for every question.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana in August 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call that was prerecorded, quick fast talking and wrong number! I was able to call the business and find out where to call for my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you have ever done for a patient?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We only pay this amount.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Interview

I filled out the online application, and was contacted the next day for a phone interview. The "interview" was actually pre-recorded questions where I had to leave a voicemail message after each question. I was contacted again to set up a second phone interview, and picked a date and time. The recruiter was 30 minutes late calling me. Not a difficult interview- she asked questions that could be found on my resume and the application I filled out (job title, length of time at prior job, etc.). At the end, she stated they would like me to come in for a face-to-face interview, and said she would call back to schedule it by a certain date. Well, she never contacted me. I decided to be proactive and left her a message (no response). I called again the next day, and she answered the phone, and scheduled the interview. Very nice person, but can't say she was very professional.

I was told the interview would be around 2 hours long. A bunch of us were put in a conference room, and called one by one for our interview. My interviewer was very friendly, very professional, and asked similar questions other people have posted here. She made it clear she was looking for very specific responses to the "scenario" questions. Afterwards, she led me back to the conference room, where I was told someone else would come and take us individually back to the lobby. I thought that was odd, but whatever.

When it was my turn to leave, we started walking towards the elevators, but then she motioned for me to go into a room. Since it hadn't been 2 hours, I thought maybe I was going to be interviewed by someone else, but instead she offered me the job, and started going over salary and benefits. I was surprised to be offered the job so quickly, but I happily accepted. I thought the salary was fair, so I did not negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Part of this job is about building trust with the members. Tell me about a time you earned someone's trust, what you did, and how they responded. (be as specific as possible)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a negative experience you had with a patient or patient's family member. What happened, how did you try to improve the situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question