Humana

2.8

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Everyone was very nice and willing to answer any question you asked. I was given a tour of the building and was greeted by many employees. I was given the front line leads business card and was told to call with any unanswered questions. I was interviewed in a small room with two front like leaders! They went back and forth asking questions and giving me time to think about my answers before speaking.

N/A

Order Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana.

The interview consisted of being told that your allowed to wear headphones while you work, but not being told that's because you are sitting at a computer performing data entry from 8 hours up to 12 hours a day with mandatory overtime expected.

Interview Questions
    • What is expected goal for data entry? That question can never be answered because they change the efficiencies from day to day, month to month. You never know what your expected to achieve at any given time. It's basically at their whim, whatever they come up with at the time. Algorithms are creaed and then not used. Clearly a company that doesn't know what it's right hand or left hand is doing. This organization is very "TOP HEAVY" Too many "Chiefs not enough Indians" - This is Humana's biggest problem. Also they get rid of staff on a daily basis, and most of the unemployment claims are in favor of the terminiated employee!   View Answer
    There was no negotiation they offered the job, but could not tell you what the position paid until you were actually doing the job. Then you realized that it was very low 13.00 per hour, and a 27 cents raise after 1 year, and that was it unless you were "favored". Their advantage is that the job market is very bad, so they have the upper hand.

Personal Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in January 2014.

Unorganized but pretty simple as far as the questions. Pretty much just asked prior experience and skills. All done over phone/Skype. They weren't completely clear about the job, duties, and training, which changed several times during the process.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have that you feel will best serve you in this position?   Answer Question
    Simple but given lower figures than originally told

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in May 2013.

Applied online and received email requesting phone interview. Phone interview was about 20 to 30 minutes. Was given information about the position and asked if I wanted to continue to pursue. Continued with interview. Basic "what would you do in this situation" questions. Set up face to face interview. Met with 2 interviewers who asked behavioral questions which seems to be their cornerstone. They stress great service to customer so they want to know how you handle yourself with customers which is more than understandable. Received offer by phone before I returned home.

No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in October 2012.

Initial interview was handled on the phone by a representative from Career Builder.com. Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary and no real difficult questions. They were very focused on insuring that I knew I was interviewing for an evening shift position and that there could be NO TIME OFF from the point of the first day of training until busy season was over. Second interview was in-house, panel type interview with two interviewers from the department--a manager and senior level associate who had done the same position for which I was interviewing. You were interviewing at the same time as the other potential hires, so five in the room. They had approximately 6 questions and asked each person all the same questions. i.e, they started with question 1 and asked applicant a, then b, then c. Then question 2, asked applicant b, c, then a, etc. They were all behaviorial interview questions geared toward handing customer situations...ie, irate customers, going above and beyond, problem solving etc. After they finished the questions, they asked us to think about the question "why should I hire you" and then they stepped out of the room. Upon return, they separated the applicants and then met with each individually to get the answer to the final question. They reminded you that as an applicant, you would hear from them within 72 hours about where or not they were interested, but would I mind meeting with someone from HR if I had a few minutes. And then I received the job offer and start date.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, none were unexpected. If you just do searches on behavior interview questions geared toward customer service, you can find them out there.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. This is a short-term job for me and I was fine with the offer--not a career but a fill in situation until I move out of town. However, I do know that the pay rates for the job are different based on your education level and experience. They do not start everyone at the same rate of pay even though you are all going to be doing the same job. I happen to be sitting at lunch with a couple of the "younger" new hires in the class -- who really don't get that you probably shouldn't be talking about your pay rate among your peers--just in case someone is sitting there making less than you....anyway, I was making an hourly rate that was 20% higher than they were making.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in July 2012.

I applied online and was invited to an in house job fair (2 full days, come anytime). Spent about 2 hours first talking to HR then some hiring managers. I went on the last few hours of the second day and I could tell there was some departments that filled their quota. Try to go early if you get invited to one of these!

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions, I played up my strengths with short colorful stories and it was enough to balance my weak areas   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in July 2012.

It was a mass hiring that I was hired in. Some very good nurses did not get the positions and I did not quite understand the rationale for that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a very difficult position you had presented to you in a previous job.   View Answer
    This is what we offer for the position.. and don't hire above that but I heard others got higher amounts.

Order Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana in December 2010.

I first did an over the phone interview. I was then asked to come in and do an in person interview. It took a couple days to hear back before I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was one challenge at your current or past workplace that you had to over come?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate because lack of experience.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in October 2009.

Typical line of questioning. Asked to expand on prior experience. Be prepared to answer questions related to how you would handle different scenarios.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation.