Humana Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.8

Pharmacy Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email asking to complete a phone interview, the phone interview was kinda weird talking to a machine asking you questions, seemed so impersonal. I then received an email stating I would be contacted by someone from hr. The same day I was scheduled for an interview. The interview had a group of 20 plus people and I was the first one called back with another girl. During the interview they mainly asked questions about past experiences and how you would handle behavioral issues. I felt the interviewers a woman and a man liked me, interview lasted about 1.5 hours and we left.

Interview Questions

• Did a skit about a man that didn't give authorization for humana to withdrawl money from his account and he was declined groceries due to insufficient funds.   1 Answer

Clinical Services Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Springdale, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a email that day to complete a Montage interview. The montage interview was fine, the automated system asks you a question, and then you answer the question that was asked- It took about 20 minutes. After the Montage interview I received a email to set up a time for a face to face interview. The face to face interview took about 30 minutes. I met with two people (a hiring manager, and a pharmacist from the department. The interview was extremely pleasant. THey gave me an overview of the position/schedule/job duties, and then they asked a few behavioral type questions. They gave me time to think out my answers, and they themselves had great personalities. I was really hoping to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a huge personal issue, how did that affect your work duties?   Answer Question

Personal Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Saw the position posted online and applied on my own. I did not hear back for a few weeks, but I did eventually receive an email asking me to do a telephone interview. The interview was a recorded interview where I was asked a few questions by an automated system and I then answered the questions. The answers were recorded and I assume they were reviewed by a recruiter the next day. Two days later I got a call from a Humana recruiter asking me for a second interview. The interview was a Montage interview that was over the web (very Skype-like). I was interviewed by a Personal Health Coach team leader. It mostly involved questions regarding my experience and a few situational questions (tell me about a time when...). Very easy and enjoyable interview. The only thing that was tough for me was deciding where to look when I spoke: the camera or the video of the interviewer on my screen? Two days later I was contacted with an offer, which I very happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why should I choose you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience using multiple computer systems at the same time?   Answer Question

Records Retrieval Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

A screening call was performed by an automated line of questioning. 2 on-site interviews- 1st mainly via conference call with 6-8 people, 2nd face to face with those people. Staff was very welcoming and easy to talk with. Interview 1 lasted 15 minutes tops. Interview 2 lasted 40 min. 2weeks before getting a dear john.

Interview Questions

• Sell yourself....why should we choose you for this position?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (West Chester, OH).

Interview

Everyone was very nice and willing to answer any question you asked. I was given a tour of the building and was greeted by many employees. I was given the front line leads business card and was told to call with any unanswered questions. I was interviewed in a small room with two front like leaders! They went back and forth asking questions and giving me time to think about my answers before speaking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Panel interview, with two applicants being interviewed at the same time. Fairly standard, outside of the two-person interview, one interviewee answers then the second one does, then reverse. Very normal questions about being technology literate and customer service oriented. Some behavioral based interviewing techniques, nothing too outlandish, mainly interested in how you handled customer service issues in prior jobs.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when you gave "excellent customer service"?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable operating multiple programs at the same time?   1 Answer

Order Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humana (Springdale, OH).

Interview

The interview consisted of being told that your allowed to wear headphones while you work, but not being told that's because you are sitting at a computer performing data entry from 8 hours up to 12 hours a day with mandatory overtime expected.

Interview Questions

• What is expected goal for data entry? That question can never be answered because they change the efficiencies from day to day, month to month. You never know what your expected to achieve at any given time. It's basically at their whim, whatever they come up with at the time. Algorithms are creaed and then not used. Clearly a company that doesn't know what it's right hand or left hand is doing. This organization is very "TOP HEAVY" Too many "Chiefs not enough Indians" - This is Humana's biggest problem. Also they get rid of staff on a daily basis, and most of the unemployment claims are in favor of the terminiated employee!   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they offered the job, but could not tell you what the position paid until you were actually doing the job. Then you realized that it was very low 13.00 per hour, and a 27 cents raise after 1 year, and that was it unless you were "favored". Their advantage is that the job market is very bad, so they have the upper hand.

Personal Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Unorganized but pretty simple as far as the questions. Pretty much just asked prior experience and skills. All done over phone/Skype. They weren't completely clear about the job, duties, and training, which changed several times during the process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that you feel will best serve you in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple but given lower figures than originally told

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received email requesting phone interview. Phone interview was about 20 to 30 minutes. Was given information about the position and asked if I wanted to continue to pursue. Continued with interview. Basic "what would you do in this situation" questions. Set up face to face interview. Met with 2 interviewers who asked behavioral questions which seems to be their cornerstone. They stress great service to customer so they want to know how you handle yourself with customers which is more than understandable. Received offer by phone before I returned home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was handled on the phone by a representative from Career Builder.com. Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary and no real difficult questions. They were very focused on insuring that I knew I was interviewing for an evening shift position and that there could be NO TIME OFF from the point of the first day of training until busy season was over. Second interview was in-house, panel type interview with two interviewers from the department--a manager and senior level associate who had done the same position for which I was interviewing. You were interviewing at the same time as the other potential hires, so five in the room. They had approximately 6 questions and asked each person all the same questions. i.e, they started with question 1 and asked applicant a, then b, then c. Then question 2, asked applicant b, c, then a, etc. They were all behaviorial interview questions geared toward handing customer situations...ie, irate customers, going above and beyond, problem solving etc. After they finished the questions, they asked us to think about the question "why should I hire you" and then they stepped out of the room. Upon return, they separated the applicants and then met with each individually to get the answer to the final question. They reminded you that as an applicant, you would hear from them within 72 hours about where or not they were interested, but would I mind meeting with someone from HR if I had a few minutes. And then I received the job offer and start date.

Interview Questions

• Actually, none were unexpected. If you just do searches on behavior interview questions geared toward customer service, you can find them out there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. This is a short-term job for me and I was fine with the offer--not a career but a fill in situation until I move out of town. However, I do know that the pay rates for the job are different based on your education level and experience. They do not start everyone at the same rate of pay even though you are all going to be doing the same job. I happen to be sitting at lunch with a couple of the "younger" new hires in the class -- who really don't get that you probably shouldn't be talking about your pay rate among your peers--just in case someone is sitting there making less than you....anyway, I was making an hourly rate that was 20% higher than they were making.