Humana

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was handled on the phone by a representative from Career Builder.com. Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary and no real difficult questions. They were very focused on insuring that I knew I was interviewing for an evening shift position and that there could be NO TIME OFF from the point of the first day of training until busy season was over. Second interview was in-house, panel type interview with two interviewers from the department--a manager and senior level associate who had done the same position for which I was interviewing. You were interviewing at the same time as the other potential hires, so five in the room. They had approximately 6 questions and asked each person all the same questions. i.e, they started with question 1 and asked applicant a, then b, then c. Then question 2, asked applicant b, c, then a, etc. They were all behaviorial interview questions geared toward handing customer situations...ie, irate customers, going above and beyond, problem solving etc. After they finished the questions, they asked us to think about the question "why should I hire you" and then they stepped out of the room. Upon return, they separated the applicants and then met with each individually to get the answer to the final question. They reminded you that as an applicant, you would hear from them within 72 hours about where or not they were interested, but would I mind meeting with someone from HR if I had a few minutes. And then I received the job offer and start date.

Interview Question – Actually, none were unexpected. If you just do searches on behavior interview questions geared toward customer service, you can find them out there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. This is a short-term job for me and I was fine with the offer--not a career but a fill in situation until I move out of town. However, I do know that the pay rates for the job are different based on your education level and experience. They do not start everyone at the same rate of pay even though you are all going to be doing the same job. I happen to be sitting at lunch with a couple of the "younger" new hires in the class -- who really don't get that you probably shouldn't be talking about your pay rate among your peers--just in case someone is sitting there making less than you....anyway, I was making an hourly rate that was 20% higher than they were making.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Humana in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited to an in house job fair (2 full days, come anytime). Spent about 2 hours first talking to HR then some hiring managers. I went on the last few hours of the second day and I could tell there was some departments that filled their quota. Try to go early if you get invited to one of these!

Interview Question – Standard Questions, I played up my strengths with short colorful stories and it was enough to balance my weak areas   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Customer Care Specialist
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received email requesting phone interview. Phone interview was about 20 to 30 minutes. Was given information about the position and asked if I wanted to continue to pursue. Continued with interview. Basic "what would you do in this situation" questions. Set up face to face interview. Met with 2 interviewers who asked behavioral questions which seems to be their cornerstone. They stress great service to customer so they want to know how you handle yourself with customers which is more than understandable. Received offer by phone before I returned home.

Interview Question – Questions were easy if your honest with your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Humana in October 2009.

Interview Details – Typical line of questioning. Asked to expand on prior experience. Be prepared to answer questions related to how you would handle different scenarios.

Interview Question – Wasn't one really!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation.

Order Entry Interview

Order Entry
Cincinnati, OH

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Humana in December 2010.

Interview Details – I first did an over the phone interview. I was then asked to come in and do an in person interview. It took a couple days to hear back before I got the offer.

Interview Question – What was one challenge at your current or past workplace that you had to over come?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate because lack of experience.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!