Humana Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Humana.

It was really lengthy, seems like they didn't really know what they were looking for so there were a lot of back and forth. The entire process took half a year.

Interview Questions
  • During the final stage of the interview process they asked a rather personal question about my relationship.   View Answer

Any company that base part of their decision on the state of my marital arrangement warrants concern.

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Phone and in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Humana in October 2012.

Interviewed with hiring manager and an associate. Did not ask any hard questions. They made feel comfortable. Not concerned about why you were looking/leaving your current position. Sensed issues with the department, which became apparent after being hired. If you try to apply for another position within company, manager will not allow and will make your life miserable.

Interview Questions
    • How do you rate your Excel skills? What is your experience with pivot tables?   Answer Question
    Negotiated on salary, but they were not willing to budge much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Humana in December 2011.

Phone screened by an outsourced recruiter who then set up a phone call with the hiring manager. Initial phone interview consisted of some out-of-the-box questions to determine the candidate's ability to articulate thoughts. After the phone interview with the hiring manager, the initial recruiter set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager and his team. The recruiter gave the incorrect date and became unprofessional and accusatory when the initial interview was missed. The recruiter was subsequently cut out of the process.

The hiring manager and team seemed to enjoy the work and the environment - but referenced 60+ hour work weeks and 4:00 a.m. arrival times. Seemingly overworked. Panel interview consisted of slow-pitch behavioral questions and a get-to-know-you atmosphere. They combined lower level analysts with managerial staff in the panel interview which caused hiccups between strategic and task-oriented questions.

There was a minimum of three weeks between each phase of the process and long periods with no communication. Subsequently interviewed with a director and then with a VP a month later.
    I was told (not asked) that the hiring managers would be reaching out to people they knew in my current company for references before an offer was made. When I expressed concern about this potentially jeopardizing my job, I was told that they would be sure to "be discreet."

After 4 months, 3 interviews, multiple phone calls, and several days taken off work; they ceased communication altogether. No 'thank you,' no flush letter, no e-mail. Serious challenges with professionalism, work-life balance, and organizational ability. Beware.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be a tree, what kind would you be?   View Answer
    • How well do you work in a youthful energy environment? or Are you and your family from here?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

It took from start to finish about 4 months in total before a decision was made. I had a phone interview followed by another phone interview 1 month later.

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in March 2011.

The recruiter called right on time and was very plesant. I received an email link to the application right after the phone screening. The recruiter said he hoped to get back to me in about a week.

Interview Questions

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!