Humana Customer Care Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL).

Interview

submitted resume on website, pre-recorded phone interview, then face to face interview...spoke with 2 supervisors then manager...interview questions were behavioral..they will send you an email preparing you for the interview also the questions they ask are in the email..Read the email it is very important..they want to check if you follow directions!

Interview Questions

• have you ever dealt with a difficult employee and if so how do you conduct yourself?   2 Answers

Negotiation

the more experience the better the offer will be

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for this job in May and was emailed by a recruiter to complete a Montage phone interview.The interview was an automated recorded voice asking questions about your experience in customer service. A week or two passed and i was contacted via email from a recruiter for a face to face. I initially was to interview with two Spvrs but it was just one recruiter lady who interviewed me. The interview process was easy but it lasted until 430pm, my interview time was at 3pm. I had to meet with the hiring manager then Mgr for the offer after it was all over. The good thing was i was hired the same day!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online and a few days later had a montage voice interview. kind of weird because it's automated so it's hard to make it sound like you're just having a conversation with another human being. a few days later I got an email from a recruiter to set up a face to face interview. of course I got lost downtown so I was a few minutes late to the interview but it seemed like they're used to that happening. there were 2 girls who were doing the interview. first they went over the position and asked me if I had any questions and then they took turns asking me behavioral questions. they literally write your (almost) entire response down so they weren't making much eye contact with me while I was talking which made it less intimidating. they were really nice. on the last question they left me alone to think about my answer while they reviewed my previous responses just to make sure their notes matched. when they came back I gave them my answer and then they let me ask questions. after that one of them walked me down to the entrance of the building and that was that. the whole process took 30 minutes, if that. the next day I received an email from a recruiter letting me know they wanted to offer me the position and she'd call me after the weekend to let me know about pay and stuff.

Interview Questions

• something along the lines of - tell me about a time you were struggling with technology or had more questions about it and what did you do?   3 Answers

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Applied online via company website for Humana RightSource Pharmacy position. Had Phone interview about 1-2 weeks later. Was Offered to come in for f2f interview. There were about 25+ that day interviewing for the new location that had just opened up. They called us in, 3 candidates at a time. There were 2 ppl doing the interviewing. They asked us one at a time about 3-4 questions. We each had different questions. They asked a Final question, in which we had to give a one word answer to. They left the room for a couple minutes for us to think about our answer. They came back in, asked the question a final time. We each gave our one worded answer and they had us sit back in the waiting area. Later, went upstairs. There was a computer based assessment. Later, someone called me in to an office. She told me the salary I was being offered. I accepted. (Everyone's salary differs and depends on experience) She told me to look for an email within the next week for training dates and information.

Interview Questions

• What is one word that describes what you will bring to the Company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was 1st emailed for a phone interview. The questions were very basic mostly asking about my previous experience listed on my resume and a brief overview of my responsibilities at those jobs. At the end of the call he offered my to come in for a fface to face interview. I went to the location the day of the interview in which I realized alot of people were being interviewed at the same time. When called to be interview they actually interview you and another individual at the same time. Interview questions were mostly story based like "Tell me a time when..." style questions. I wasnt called back for the position for about a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• All questions during the in person interview were "Tell me a time when.." or 'Explain when you had to show this skill"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied back in August 2014. Was contacted 3-4 weeks later for a phone interview thru email. During the phone interview, they asked me about my previous job history and some behavioral questions. Everything went good and asked me if I'd like to do a face-to-face interview which was scheduled two weeks out. I went and did the interview with a supervisor and another candidate in the room. It was odd but made me feel relaxed. And afterwards was offered the position and to start another month later than anticipated.

Negotiation

No negotiation just base pay

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Panel interview, with two applicants being interviewed at the same time. Fairly standard, outside of the two-person interview, one interviewee answers then the second one does, then reverse. Very normal questions about being technology literate and customer service oriented. Some behavioral based interviewing techniques, nothing too outlandish, mainly interested in how you handled customer service issues in prior jobs.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when you gave "excellent customer service"?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable operating multiple programs at the same time?   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Interview

One of the best interviews I've been to. It was a long process but they make you feel as comfortable as possible. They were very organized. Make sure you do everything they tell you on the interview confirmation letter because it makes the process easier. Review the questions they send you and have your answers ready before you go to the interview. I got the job and am so excited to start.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? Be careful how you answer that question because it almost lost me the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's really not one. They made me the offer and told me what I was going to get and that it was the starting amount the company approved for the position.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

“Humana cares about well-being -- both for their employees and their customers. The compensation at Humana is competitive for the area. Humana has a great 401(k) package…” Interview process was very informative. Was a little lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to quickly build a report with a customer.   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Phone interview went well. Talked about training and diversity.