Humana

Humana Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

On the spot interviews. First you meet with two supervisors who will ask scenerio based questions. And other customer service related questions and prior job experience. Then if you passed that portion you will meet with two managers and they will look intimidating but the question can be very informal.

Interview Questions
  • Name an instance where you went above and beyond your job expectations. Give the action first, result then the solution.   Answer Question
I was not capable of negotiating a salary but during the recruiting process I was asked what was my salary requirements. Customer service can range from 30-39k depending on what you say you expect. But, remember if you start off too high you may not get a pay increase for other years to come.

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was asked several questions about how I would handle stressful situations, and deal with difficult customers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions where when they asked me to tell them about a time when...   Answer Question
    Immediately following my interview I was given my offer by HE.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Park, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Park, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Humana in May 2013.

I got a phone interview first it was about 30 mins long, I had studied the company and also prepared myself with interview questions.. After I finished that he offered me a face to face interview, I was interviewed by 2 people they made me feel very at ease. They asked the usual questions, after that they then had me too speak to the manager of customer service, and then I was offered the position I am very excited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in October 2012.

Initial interview was handled on the phone by a representative from Career Builder.com. Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary and no real difficult questions. They were very focused on insuring that I knew I was interviewing for an evening shift position and that there could be NO TIME OFF from the point of the first day of training until busy season was over. Second interview was in-house, panel type interview with two interviewers from the department--a manager and senior level associate who had done the same position for which I was interviewing. You were interviewing at the same time as the other potential hires, so five in the room. They had approximately 6 questions and asked each person all the same questions. i.e, they started with question 1 and asked applicant a, then b, then c. Then question 2, asked applicant b, c, then a, etc. They were all behaviorial interview questions geared toward handing customer situations...ie, irate customers, going above and beyond, problem solving etc. After they finished the questions, they asked us to think about the question "why should I hire you" and then they stepped out of the room. Upon return, they separated the applicants and then met with each individually to get the answer to the final question. They reminded you that as an applicant, you would hear from them within 72 hours about where or not they were interested, but would I mind meeting with someone from HR if I had a few minutes. And then I received the job offer and start date.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, none were unexpected. If you just do searches on behavior interview questions geared toward customer service, you can find them out there.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. This is a short-term job for me and I was fine with the offer--not a career but a fill in situation until I move out of town. However, I do know that the pay rates for the job are different based on your education level and experience. They do not start everyone at the same rate of pay even though you are all going to be doing the same job. I happen to be sitting at lunch with a couple of the "younger" new hires in the class -- who really don't get that you probably shouldn't be talking about your pay rate among your peers--just in case someone is sitting there making less than you....anyway, I was making an hourly rate that was 20% higher than they were making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Humana in August 2008.

I applied online and submitted my resume. Then received a phone call for a phone interview. After that, I was offered to go to a personal interview...that first consisted of two people interviewing me at the same time. I passed that one. Then later on the same day, I had an interview with two managers. They made the final determination. The second one was a little more difficult, they asked more questions. It honestly made me uncomfortable because they asked questions like, "How will you work if you have kids? Where will they go? If your husband doesn't have a license what will happen if there is an emergency?" They were getting too personal.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in when of your previous positions when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in July 2010.

n/a

Interview Questions
    • tell me a moment that you had to face difficulties with a customer   Answer Question
    • How do you refer to management if you encounter a problem with one of the team member   Answer Question
    not negotiation possible in Humana , it is what it is