Humana

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Applied via job website ( careerbuilder.com ). Was contacted within a month's time by a Humana recruiter. Telephone interview was about a half hour or less, including some standard situational questions. The in person interview was scheduled at the call center. I was interviewed by two supervisors, one of whom was my supervisor when hired. Interview consisted of the standard situational questions, which most are accustomed to by now, although in this case there were many, many more than I'd been asked in the past. This may simply have been my manager having some fun, as he did ask me a few questions some months later about my thoughts in regards to his interview. As I recall I spend approximately 1 1/2 hours answering these questions.

Interview Questions
  • ****SPOILER ALERT***

As the hour and a half mark was approaching, both supes stood up, and I was asked by my soon to be supe to think about a time I had something difficult to overcome in any sales situation I'd encountered in the past, and they abruptly left the room to let me ponder my response. I didn't have any difficulty answering, but was somewhat thrown by their sudden departure. I later learned this is the time the two took a moment to decide my fate. I'm assuming they still employ the tactic, so choose your answer wisely ;) And be aware it may be somewhat of a trick question. Some of the supes do have a healthy sense of humor.

View Answer
Minimally.

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Humana in August 2008.

Great hiring process. Took less than one week from application to hire date.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult life experience to overcome?   View Answer
    Easy and standard.