Humana

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

Montage interview
    This is an invitation to complete an on-demand phone interview (called a Montage Voice) so that we can learn more about you. You will have the opportunity to record your responses to automated questions. You will need reliable telephone service;

Technology Applications Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Humana.

Submitted online application with resume. Was called by recruiter in few days. She then set up face to face interview with manager and supervisor. I was nervous about the interview and the type of questions...tell me about a time when you were faced with a very stressful time and how did you handle it and the outcome...where do you see yourself in 5 years. After the first 2 questions, the manager tossed the papers in the air and oh heck with that, tell me what you know and your experience. I was immediately with way less stress. The manager and the supervisor were friendly to each other and in turn, they were friendly to me. I was told I'd hear from HR in a few days and I received an offer by late afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react to the many different personalities that you might run into in this employer?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Phone screening with a Humana recruiter; then face to face interview with hiring manager. If you are applying for a telephonic, you may be set up for a video interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Based questions.... ex. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question
    Simple...they gave me what I asked for.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Humana.

The interview process was very thorough and informative. Information was provided about the company, department and the role itself. The panel interviews were good and the questions were very specific to the role which gave you an indication of the types of the situations you may come across in the role. Current and former associates in the role were on the panel so they were able to provide answers to the questions I had. I left the interviews with a very good feel for the role.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were expected behavioral based questions (tell me about a time...how would you handle this scenario)   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. I was very pleased with the offer. It was fair and competitive.

Underwriting Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

I have many years in the insurance industry. The interview process was very simple for me. I was asked very basic questions and could answer them quickly. I had a job offer within one week.

I received a good offer so I could not leave once I got there.

Community Health Educator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in January 2015.

Sent resume to Career Builder and heard back from a recruiter within 2 weeks requested a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled for the next week and was easily scheduled through an e-mail link. The recruiter called right on time and asked basic questions about my resume, education, experience and then asked 3 behavioral questions. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and at the end, she invited me to do a Montage video interview which she then scheduled.

The e-mail for the video interview was very detailed and described how one should answer the behavioral questions and some example questions that could be asked. Make sure you review the questions and have some answers written down or memorized before your interview. The video interview link was easy to access and you must call into a conference line before your interview. The interview was done with two health coaches who were very personable. My internet connection went out twice and we continued on with the interview with the conference line until the connection went back up. They understood and were very understanding when that happened. The questions were all behavioral (tell me a time when.....) and the interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not necessarily difficult, however you must be able to quickly remember a situation or scenario that happened. Make sure you explain your situation as they may ask follow-up questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The HR recruiter called with my offer and explained that they use a algorithm to decide what the salary is based on after looking at your experience, education, and projected business need. Working from home, I thought the offer was good.

Clinical Innovations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in January 2015.

I applied online December 14th, 2014, received an email invitation to do my phone interview on the 31st. On the 9th I received an phone call asking when I would like to schedule an in person interview with two of the managers that would be on site and in charge of the department. It was followed up with an email confirming what had been discussed and giving contact information in regards to the in person interview set up on the January 9th.

On the day of my in person interview only one of the managers was able to attend, and due to complications wound up showing up at the appointed time rather than early, however it went extremely well.

I received a phone call back less than a week later on the 15th with a message that Humana wished to offer the position to me and wished to discuss my start date, on the 16th the offer was officially given and accepted, start date set for February.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard nothing surprising or difficult, most about your experience and how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Medicare Billing and Enrollment Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Humana.

Telephone screening and interview with HR. I was offered the position at the end of the interview. After the interview I had to pass a background check and drug test.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

I was 1st emailed for a phone interview. The questions were very basic mostly asking about my previous experience listed on my resume and a brief overview of my responsibilities at those jobs. At the end of the call he offered my to come in for a fface to face interview. I went to the location the day of the interview in which I realized alot of people were being interviewed at the same time. When called to be interview they actually interview you and another individual at the same time. Interview questions were mostly story based like "Tell me a time when..." style questions. I wasnt called back for the position for about a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions during the in person interview were "Tell me a time when.." or 'Explain when you had to show this skill"   View Answer

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

The interview was brief and over the phone. The hiring manager was out of state but expanding in this local area. We communicated mostly by email or over the phone.

I didn't negotiate.