Humana

223 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Consultant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – Applied through their website after finding a job posting on LinkedIn. Got a call 2 weeks later to schedule a phone screen with HR. After that I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Brought onsite (position was for Dallas but they flew me in to Louisville) to interview with managers and other consultants (some 1:1, others 2 at a time). They did say they fly candidates in on the same day so another candidate was in the designated waiting room at the same time so you get the chance to size up the competition. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks so I contacted recruiter via email and received the thanks-but-no-thanks form letter that afternoon.

Interview Question – How would you go about estimating how many Medicare patients are in Florida   Answer Question

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Humana in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview

Interview Question – Challenges to this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Business Consultant Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – Very slow process.

Interview Question – Very difficult interview for my current role. I was already an employee but I changed roles internally and that was the hardest interview I ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are a current employee Humana wants you to believe there is little or no negotiation that you can do. If you are trying to get hired into the company they will pay you about 20% less on average.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Humana in November 2013.

Interview Details – One interview at my University. Next interview was set-up via e-mail. Interviews were on site and took the entire day.

Interview Question – Explain to me a situation or a time when a project you were working on failed or was failing. How did you overcome these obstacles.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at Humana

Interview Details – excellent use of time to expose me to culture and values. I would recommend humana to anyone looking for a job. wide range of opportunities.

Interview Question – what is the most challenging work place solution you had to do.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in December 2012.

Interview Details – Situation, Action, Result questions

Interview Question – Tell me your worst personal life experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You were not able to negotiate.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through Humana's website and was contacted for a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview was with a local recruiter, it consisted of a few general behavioral questions and some questions about my resume. Was invited to interview in Louisville a couple weeks later along with about 20 other people. The on-site interview consisted of two rounds of interviews with two actuaries each. Questions were pre-determined and they recorded my responses. Interview day also consisted of a couple of networking sessions, informational session, and a bus tour of the city. The whole process was very organized and professional; I was reimbursed for food, airport parking, and gas to the airport.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made multiple conflicting commitments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Offer was reasonable and included moving expenses.

Consumer Experience Consultant Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in March 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview was an automated phone interview. I assume the company would set up a face-to-face interview in the next step. However, I was notified about one week after the interview that I was not selected for the next step in the hiring process. It was definitely a learning experience.

Interview Question – The whole process was challenging. This was the first time I had gone through this type of interview. I would have preferred a live phone interview so that I could interact with someone and clarify any responses that were unclear.   View Answer

Specialist Interview

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in March 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview and then face to face. it was pretty informal but they were sticklers for using the Situation, Task, Action and then Result formula for your answers

Interview Question – How do you show your engagement with your co workers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted 10 hours of overtime a week with no salary increase

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was an on campus interview, then a there was a 2nd phone interview and a 3rd interview at Louisville that took a couple days. There was 2 rounds of interviews with different actuaries and a tour around the Humana building and Louisville.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation that was caused by you and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Humana interview questions and advice. All 223 interview reviews posted anonymously by Humana employees and interview candidates.