Humana Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.8

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Applied online via company website for Humana RightSource Pharmacy position.
    Had Phone interview about 1-2 weeks later. Was Offered to come in for f2f interview. There were about 25+ that day interviewing for the new location that had just opened up. They called us in, 3 candidates at a time. There were 2 ppl doing the interviewing. They asked us one at a time about 3-4 questions. We each had different questions. They asked a Final question, in which we had to give a one word answer to. They left the room for a couple minutes for us to think about our answer. They came back in, asked the question a final time. We each gave our one worded answer and they had us sit back in the waiting area.
    Later, went upstairs. There was a computer based assessment. Later, someone called me in to an office. She told me the salary I was being offered. I accepted. (Everyone's salary differs and depends on experience)
    She told me to look for an email within the next week for training dates and information.

Interview Questions
    • What is one word that describes what you will bring to the Company.   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana in February 2015.

Humana recruiter did great job putting interview together. I only did in person. Phone screened with recruiter. Interview was pretty informal. I talked to the manager and the other process manager in the same group. I was much more qualified technically for the job than the other process manager. It went really well I thought. The manager even skipped his other meeting to keep talking. Very disappointed. If I still didn't want to work for Humana this would be negative.

Personal Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in February 2015.

Saw the position posted online and applied on my own. I did not hear back for a few weeks, but I did eventually receive an email asking me to do a telephone interview. The interview was a recorded interview where I was asked a few questions by an automated system and I then answered the questions. The answers were recorded and I assume they were reviewed by a recruiter the next day. Two days later I got a call from a Humana recruiter asking me for a second interview. The interview was a Montage interview that was over the web (very Skype-like). I was interviewed by a Personal Health Coach team leader. It mostly involved questions regarding my experience and a few situational questions (tell me about a time when...). Very easy and enjoyable interview. The only thing that was tough for me was deciding where to look when I spoke: the camera or the video of the interviewer on my screen? Two days later I was contacted with an offer, which I very happily accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why should I choose you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience using multiple computer systems at the same time?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Montage interview
    This is an invitation to complete an on-demand phone interview (called a Montage Voice) so that we can learn more about you. You will have the opportunity to record your responses to automated questions. You will need reliable telephone service;

Technology Applications Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Humana.

Submitted online application with resume. Was called by recruiter in few days. She then set up face to face interview with manager and supervisor. I was nervous about the interview and the type of questions...tell me about a time when you were faced with a very stressful time and how did you handle it and the outcome...where do you see yourself in 5 years. After the first 2 questions, the manager tossed the papers in the air and oh heck with that, tell me what you know and your experience. I was immediately with way less stress. The manager and the supervisor were friendly to each other and in turn, they were friendly to me. I was told I'd hear from HR in a few days and I received an offer by late afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react to the many different personalities that you might run into in this employer?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Phone screening with a Humana recruiter; then face to face interview with hiring manager. If you are applying for a telephonic, you may be set up for a video interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Based questions.... ex. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question
    Simple...they gave me what I asked for.

Clinical Innovations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in January 2015.

I applied online December 14th, 2014, received an email invitation to do my phone interview on the 31st. On the 9th I received an phone call asking when I would like to schedule an in person interview with two of the managers that would be on site and in charge of the department. It was followed up with an email confirming what had been discussed and giving contact information in regards to the in person interview set up on the January 9th.

On the day of my in person interview only one of the managers was able to attend, and due to complications wound up showing up at the appointed time rather than early, however it went extremely well.

I received a phone call back less than a week later on the 15th with a message that Humana wished to offer the position to me and wished to discuss my start date, on the 16th the offer was officially given and accepted, start date set for February.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard nothing surprising or difficult, most about your experience and how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Humana.

The interview process was very thorough and informative. Information was provided about the company, department and the role itself. The panel interviews were good and the questions were very specific to the role which gave you an indication of the types of the situations you may come across in the role. Current and former associates in the role were on the panel so they were able to provide answers to the questions I had. I left the interviews with a very good feel for the role.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were expected behavioral based questions (tell me about a time...how would you handle this scenario)   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. I was very pleased with the offer. It was fair and competitive.

Underwriting Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

I have many years in the insurance industry. The interview process was very simple for me. I was asked very basic questions and could answer them quickly. I had a job offer within one week.

I received a good offer so I could not leave once I got there.

Community Health Educator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in January 2015.

Sent resume to Career Builder and heard back from a recruiter within 2 weeks requested a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled for the next week and was easily scheduled through an e-mail link. The recruiter called right on time and asked basic questions about my resume, education, experience and then asked 3 behavioral questions. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and at the end, she invited me to do a Montage video interview which she then scheduled.

The e-mail for the video interview was very detailed and described how one should answer the behavioral questions and some example questions that could be asked. Make sure you review the questions and have some answers written down or memorized before your interview. The video interview link was easy to access and you must call into a conference line before your interview. The interview was done with two health coaches who were very personable. My internet connection went out twice and we continued on with the interview with the conference line until the connection went back up. They understood and were very understanding when that happened. The questions were all behavioral (tell me a time when.....) and the interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not necessarily difficult, however you must be able to quickly remember a situation or scenario that happened. Make sure you explain your situation as they may ask follow-up questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The HR recruiter called with my offer and explained that they use a algorithm to decide what the salary is based on after looking at your experience, education, and projected business need. Working from home, I thought the offer was good.