Humana Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.8

Special Investigator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

I applied for this job online, and within two days I received an email saying I had been selected for a phone interview. I scheduled this interview via the link they provided. A few days later, the recruiter called at the exact time, and I had a 25 minute phone interview. This mainly consisted of going over my resume and experience, very similar to a job screening online. He asked a few questions about specific work experiences, etc. At the end of the interview, he said he was recommending to the Hiring Managers that I move on to the next phase, which would be an online video interview. He then said I would hear back from either him or a Hiring Manager from Humana in the next 5 to 7 business days. After the 7 day mark came and went and I had not heard anything, I attempted to call back the number the recruiter had called me from for the phone interview. I was not sure if I had somehow missed the call. I left a voicemail and never heard anything back. I attempted to send an email a week later to the email address I originally received (not thinking this would actually be read by someone), but never received any reply. The job was still open for a few more weeks, and eventually I received an email saying another candidate had been chosen. I was not impressed at all with this process. I would have rather not been told at the end of the first interview he was recommending I move along in the process, if I was never going to hear from them again. I realize things happen and they likely found someone they wanted to hire, but a system in place to find out your status in the hiring process would be beneficial. This made me appreciate the current company I work for, and I won't be applying for any Humana jobs again.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Humana.

Started with on campus recruiting, had a short interview on campus, very HR based with behavioral questions. Then was asked to go to the office for a day long interview process with about fifty other candidates. Everyone was really nice and they included a tour of the city on the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: what are your strengths/weakness, tell me you made a mistake and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Community Health Educator Interview

I applied online and was sent an email for a phone interview the next day. I easily set it up with the link provided. That day they sent me another email saying they were sorry, but had to reschedule. Ihad the phone interview a couple of days later and was asked to move on to the video interview at the end of the 20 minute conversation. I was immediately sent an email giving details about what I was going to be asked about.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you had things go wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Applied back in August 2014. Was contacted 3-4 weeks later for a phone interview thru email. During the phone interview, they asked me about my previous job history and some behavioral questions. Everything went good and asked me if I'd like to do a face-to-face interview which was scheduled two weeks out. I went and did the interview with a supervisor and another candidate in the room. It was odd but made me feel relaxed. And afterwards was offered the position and to start another month later than anticipated.

No negotiation just base pay

Actuary Interview

They flew me down to Louisville at their expense and put me in a nice hotel. Then they interviewed me for three hours. It was not a bad interview at all. Nothing unexpected, and a beautiful view from the room I was in. I could see the Ohio River. Really nice but also quite distracting. Then I flew back that night from Louisville. They did a great job.

Case Management RN Work From Home Interview

Overall poor process. My second interview was done over computer with program similar to Skype. The interviewer was disengaged during the interview. She was at her home and held a dog in her lap. She did not make eye contact and did not appear to be interested in what I was saying. I was told get a job offer or decline within 2 hours or by next morning but never heard anything. Attempts to contact the hiring representative from career builder went unanswered.

Community Health Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Got a call for a phone interview, in 2 weeks got my webcam interview and within an hour found out I was hired. A month later only to find out the Manager changed her mind and fired me 1 day before the beginning of the training.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate my salary

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Initial interview with HR and then online interview 2 weeks later with management. First interview focused on required computer skills and home office setup and was approximately 30 minutes long. Second interview was behavioral and was 45 minutes long. All interviews were by phone accompanied with live internet and video.

Medical Record Retrieval Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Humana in September 2014.

Applied online and received an invitation for an automated (Montage) phone interview the same day. As soon as I completed the Montage interview I checked my email and found a "thanks but no thanks" email that was sent PRIOR to my interview being completed. The phone interview wasn't difficult. I'm only rating them negatively because they asked me for the interview and declined my application before they even listened to it. I feel my time was wasted.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical behavioral interview questions along with questions about experience, meeting the job requirements, and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana in September 2014.

Internal Refer to interview the modeling group. Every company has their own style to filter their candidate. But I do not appreciate the way that they did. The hiring manager said loud and clear, she doesn't care any technical skills, anyone can build a logistic regression (LOL...), and she wanted to find someone that she and her team feels good. That's it. Feels. By talking to them. That's it. I wonder what kind of model their team can produce. If someone said something like "anyone can build a logistic regression", I would say he/she doesn't know statistics and model at all!!!
    But I am sure some people would like their interview style.