Humana

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Customer Care Specialist - Inbound Pharmacy/Medical Calls (Tempe, AZ) Interview

I applied online, I was then contacted (promptly) within the next week to do a phone interview. This was not done with a live person but rather a number I was able to call at my own convenience. I had enough time to think of thoughtful responses. I assume upon Humana reviewing that recorded interview, I was contacted (-again, via email) to schedule and interview.

I was given the option of two days, but they told me provide a convenient time for me. I could tell she wanted me to come in on Tuesday even though Wednesday was also an option so that's the day I chose. I was not told it was to be a group interview (panel type) until I received the confirmation email. I never had this type of interview so I was nervous but excited to say I had done one.

Actually, the interview setting was very comfortable. Another person and I. He alternated asking us questions and was nice. Questions consisted of "name a time where you did not speak up where you should have" and "give an example of a relationship you had with a difficult person that others may not have understood" He would alternate, asking the other prospective to answer first, then me, assessing the quality of our answers when given time to think, versus on the spot - I assume. The other candidate was nice as well. We all got along. He told us we would be contacted within a week because they were still interviewing candidates.

I received a call the following Monday with an offer of full time permanent position.

comfortable

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to have a difficult conversation you did not want to have, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest asset to the company, and what is your biggest area of opportunity?   Answer Question
    Offered 33,2800/yr. no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Humana.

I first was contacted after applying online and visiting them at a career fair. After the initial interview, I was asked to attend an interview day. There I had two interviews, got to tour the building, and talk to the recruiters and other past interns. A very informational day, they really want to make sure you understand your role there and how the company operates. The interviews had standard questions, mostly looking for certain examples of times you did something that matches a behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you should have spoken up in a situation but didn't.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana in November 2014.

I applied online and was contacted two days later via email to schedule a phone interview. It was about 20-30 minutes long that went over your background and some behavioral questions. Was then set up for a face to face interview with two managers. Was a panel interview that included two other candidates. Interview was very intense and nerve wrecking. Overall went ok. Kind of wished each candidate was interviewed individually. We were all told we would here something from HR within 48 hours. Interviewed today. Still waiting to hear back.

Pharmacy Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Humana in November 2014.

Applied only was given an extensive file to fill out. Was contacted the next day via email to complete a phone interview. The interview was very basic asking questions about my employment history, aspects of the company, and how I handled certain situations and problems. The next day I was contacted for a face-to-face interview. My interview is in 2 days so I will be returning with more feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Answering questions about situations in my previous positions as I rarely had any issues with previous clients or employers.   Answer Question

Special Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana in November 2014.

I applied for this position online, the next day I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Utilizing the link in the email I scheduled the interview. I received a call on the day I scheduled 10 minutes after the scheduled time. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of questions based on my resume. In addition, I was told there would be travel for conferences and criminal hearings. It appeared they determined what city and state you would be considered for based on your current location. Even though the position was advertised as work from home I was told I would need to work out of the office “at times.” At the closing of the phone interview I was told I would be notified within a week if I was moving to the next step or not. Two weeks after my phone interview I received an email stating I was selected for a video conferencing interview via Montage. The interview email provides you with specific information about the Montage process as well as the names of the two interviewers. The interview consisted of questions regarding your experience and types of cases you’ve been involved with. I was told by the interviewers they meet weekly to review applicants. Two business days after my phone interview I received an email that stating I was not selected for the position.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Starts off with submitting your resume to HR. Next step is a phone interview with a recuiter, if that all goes well a face to face interview is schudled with the Hiring manager and at least one other person from the team. They will then tell you that they want to wrap things up in the next couple of days, and then you end up waiting 2 or 3 weeks because for whatever reason there is always, always a delay with HR. This is the worst part about all of it, lots and lots of waiting for HR to do whatever it is they do.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions we difficult or unexpected. They ask for examples to real world situations. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Transplant Management Interview

I applied online and later on received a email for a Montage phone interview. I am waiting for the recruiter or hiring manager to review my responses. I will post updates during this recruitment process.

CPhT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Humana.

Over the phone interview, Then in person interview, take a per screening ptcb test to see if you qualify for the job. The interview makes you think you are in a much better place than retail, YOUR. NOT!!! Don't be naive when they buy lunches and hold team meetings. All they want are employees who are desperate for work and don't mind getting rid of when your ill.

Ask for more hourly pay, what they pay isn't worth the work they require you to do. All while forfeiting your personal life for this company.

Special Investigator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

I applied for this job online, and within two days I received an email saying I had been selected for a phone interview. I scheduled this interview via the link they provided. A few days later, the recruiter called at the exact time, and I had a 25 minute phone interview. This mainly consisted of going over my resume and experience, very similar to a job screening online. He asked a few questions about specific work experiences, etc. At the end of the interview, he said he was recommending to the Hiring Managers that I move on to the next phase, which would be an online video interview. He then said I would hear back from either him or a Hiring Manager from Humana in the next 5 to 7 business days. After the 7 day mark came and went and I had not heard anything, I attempted to call back the number the recruiter had called me from for the phone interview. I was not sure if I had somehow missed the call. I left a voicemail and never heard anything back. I attempted to send an email a week later to the email address I originally received (not thinking this would actually be read by someone), but never received any reply. The job was still open for a few more weeks, and eventually I received an email saying another candidate had been chosen. I was not impressed at all with this process. I would have rather not been told at the end of the first interview he was recommending I move along in the process, if I was never going to hear from them again. I realize things happen and they likely found someone they wanted to hire, but a system in place to find out your status in the hiring process would be beneficial. This made me appreciate the current company I work for, and I won't be applying for any Humana jobs again.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Humana.

Started with on campus recruiting, had a short interview on campus, very HR based with behavioral questions. Then was asked to go to the office for a day long interview process with about fifty other candidates. Everyone was really nice and they included a tour of the city on the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: what are your strengths/weakness, tell me you made a mistake and how you dealt with it   Answer Question