Humana

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana in May 2010.

Initial phone call from senior leader, followed by a series of one-on-one interview

Interview Questions
    • What does strategic leadership mean to you, and how have you succeeded and failed in its practice?   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Humana.

It's a behavioral interview. Be prepared with specific examples of your work, and be prepared to give specific examples of how your work contributed to the bottom line.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't particularly difficult. The interviewers are. Be prepared to get no indication of how you may have done on your interview until you hear back from the recruiter.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an additional $5000 in salary by emphasizing my experience. They don't want to negotiate unless you're in a position where they need your skills. Otherwise, it's as if they're doing you a favor by making the offer. Also, know that if you refuse the offer, you'll be ineligible for being considered for hire again.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in October 2013.

Extremely slow. If you do not have specific experience in an area you are general not considered.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of your current leaders managment style?   Answer Question

Telesales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Humana in April 2013.

The interview process was rigorous however it was very organized. There was a phone interview and an in-person interview. It took at least a month before I heard anything from the recruiter about the second interview. The second interview was with two Front Line Leaders.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

“Humana cares about well-being -- both for their employees and their customers. The compensation at Humana is competitive for the area. Humana has a great 401(k) package…” Interview process was very informative. Was a little lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to quickly build a report with a customer.   View Answer

DMS Telesales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Long process for myself two phone interviews and then face to face finger printing and intense background check and you must complete any request for clarification of discrepencies. But they changed alot in 2014 by introducing LTE and a Job Fair so the process might be different than my personal experience in 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of situational questions so be prepared to talk about things you have done and solutions to conflict and challenges you have faced at previous employment.   Answer Question

Provider Correspondence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana in June 2014.

Initial interview done over phone no personal contact. If you pass the initial electronic you will be granted a phone interview with a recruiter. Most communication done via email with pre-formed responses

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current job
      Some situational what would you do in this scenario questions.
        Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

One of the best interviews I've been to. It was a long process but they make you feel as comfortable as possible. They were very organized. Make sure you do everything they tell you on the interview confirmation letter because it makes the process easier. Review the questions they send you and have your answers ready before you go to the interview. I got the job and am so excited to start.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? Be careful how you answer that question because it almost lost me the position.   Answer Question
    There's really not one. They made me the offer and told me what I was going to get and that it was the starting amount the company approved for the position.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterfront (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterfront (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Humana in June 2011.

Phone Interview, Face-to-face was about 3-4 weeks later, whole process took 2 months way too damn long. I should have known then.Then they told the group I came in with that we would be limited term which is basically temp through the company and that was the first time they started that. It wasn't even an option when we all applied. LIES

Interview Questions
    • The question that I absolutely always hate for an interview which is. Tell me about a time when....You had a difficult time with a customer/consumer, what happened? where? how did you handle it? and what was the outcome? Makes you have to think way too hard. LOL!   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable of course.

Pharmacy Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana in November 2014.

I applied online and was contacted two days later via email to schedule a phone interview. It was about 20-30 minutes long that went over your background and some behavioral questions. Was then set up for a face to face interview with two managers. Was a panel interview that included two other candidates. Interview was very intense and nerve wrecking. Overall went ok. Kind of wished each candidate was interviewed individually. We were all told we would here something from HR within 48 hours. Interviewed today. Still waiting to hear back.