Humana

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.8

Bilingual Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana in December 2014.

I wouldn't know. Immediately after applying online I received an email to schedule a phone interview date. The earliest they had were 3 weeks out. When the time for interview came, the recruiter told me Humana had decided to push all interviews back til January and to keep checking their site for updates near that time. Then a week later I received a rejection email. Huge waste of time! He could've just sent me an email saying that. I know this can't be a discrimination issue when I speak perfect English without any accent and the call only lasted 2 minutes.

Telesales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in July 2014.

Took 1 week, interview, skype, offer. Interview process was straight forward, didnt expect too much from it. Very typical interview, tell me about yourself, what are your weaknesses, strenghts, etc, etc. Whats your favorite thing to do outside of work.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the strangest thing you did at work   View Answer
    take or leave it

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Everyone was very nice and willing to answer any question you asked. I was given a tour of the building and was greeted by many employees. I was given the front line leads business card and was told to call with any unanswered questions. I was interviewed in a small room with two front like leaders! They went back and forth asking questions and giving me time to think about my answers before speaking.

N/A

Low Income Population Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana in November 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by email within days by a Humana recruiter requesting a screening interview the following day. I was called the next morning, and after the initial screening asking questions about my background and interests, I was told by the recruiter that she was recommending that I move forward in the recruiting process. An appointment with the hiring manager was set up for a phone interview two days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were pretty standard - four questions about my interest in the job; the background, experience, and skills I bring to the position; etc. The manager asked all of the questions at once and asked clarifying questions as I was answering them. I had hoped to move forward in the recruiting process, but I never heard back from them one way or another.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in October 2012.

Interview was easy. Ask about my background and met with three people which included the director. They ask you to write a sample email. They didn't even look at it after I was done. Got a call 1hr after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an experience where you had to work as a team to finish a task   View Answer
    There was no neogiation.

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

The interview was brief and over the phone. The hiring manager was out of state but expanding in this local area. We communicated mostly by email or over the phone.

I didn't negotiate.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

I was 1st emailed for a phone interview. The questions were very basic mostly asking about my previous experience listed on my resume and a brief overview of my responsibilities at those jobs. At the end of the call he offered my to come in for a fface to face interview. I went to the location the day of the interview in which I realized alot of people were being interviewed at the same time. When called to be interview they actually interview you and another individual at the same time. Interview questions were mostly story based like "Tell me a time when..." style questions. I wasnt called back for the position for about a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions during the in person interview were "Tell me a time when.." or 'Explain when you had to show this skill"   View Answer

SIU Investigator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Interviewer did not seem to know about the investigation process. Questions were not clear and the interviewer seemed lost. It was not a good experience. I knew more than the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you group a large amount of data?   View Answer

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in November 2014.

Leading up to the interview there is a lot of pre-work to be done to impress them before getting that in person interview. You have to do a phone interview that is an automated process. That made me nervous. Then there is a skill assessment online to do. During the interview, a new person was asked to sit in on my interview because they were training that person for a higher position. It was nice to have that person in there because that person was just as nervous as I was. The 2 people I interviewed with were very nice and we had discussions about things like we were friends out for a cup of coffee. It was a great interview. The best I had in years.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to ask the person who is not your biggest fan about you, what would they say? If we asked your biggest about you, what would they say?   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I expected. I couldn't pass up the salary and benefit package offered to me. It was that good.

Customer Care Specialist - Inbound Pharmacy/Medical Calls (Tempe, AZ) Interview

I applied online, I was then contacted (promptly) within the next week to do a phone interview. This was not done with a live person but rather a number I was able to call at my own convenience. I had enough time to think of thoughtful responses. I assume upon Humana reviewing that recorded interview, I was contacted (-again, via email) to schedule and interview.

I was given the option of two days, but they told me provide a convenient time for me. I could tell she wanted me to come in on Tuesday even though Wednesday was also an option so that's the day I chose. I was not told it was to be a group interview (panel type) until I received the confirmation email. I never had this type of interview so I was nervous but excited to say I had done one.

Actually, the interview setting was very comfortable. Another person and I. He alternated asking us questions and was nice. Questions consisted of "name a time where you did not speak up where you should have" and "give an example of a relationship you had with a difficult person that others may not have understood" He would alternate, asking the other prospective to answer first, then me, assessing the quality of our answers when given time to think, versus on the spot - I assume. The other candidate was nice as well. We all got along. He told us we would be contacted within a week because they were still interviewing candidates.

I received a call the following Monday with an offer of full time permanent position.

comfortable

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to have a difficult conversation you did not want to have, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest asset to the company, and what is your biggest area of opportunity?   Answer Question
    Offered 33,2800/yr. no negotiation