Humana

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Personal Health Coach Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Initial contact was via an email, asking to schedule a phone interview. Did not apply for the job, so it appears they picked up my info from another job I had applied earlier in the year. After phone interview, was scheduled for the Montage video conference interview. Questions where based on scenarios you need to explain in detail: the circumstances, your interventions and end result.
    I was called with an offer within an hour of the video interview.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most satisfying job and least satifying job?
      How were you able to turn a negative relationship into a positive one?
      Describe how you were able to identify the needs of a complex situation/patient.
        Answer Question

Unfortunately, they were unable to tell me what my schedule would be (anywhere between 7am-7pm is what I was told) and the salary was not as competitive as I expected from such a well established organization.

Pharmacy Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Applied for 2 positions and was contacted about another for which I also applied involving 2 different departments. Worked with 2 corporate recruiters who were both professional, courteous, and efficient. Had telephone interviews with recruiters and department personnel and then interviewed in-person for 2 positions (1 from each department) and received 2 job offers the next day.

Humana has a wonderful process when dealing with multiple departments recruiting the same candidate. There is no competition between recruiters, leaving final choice up to the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Expect questions about your skills along with behavior questions that focus on ethics and professionalism.   Answer Question
    Very open and non-adversarial. The salary offered was slightly above my stated requirement. Greatest focus was ability to telecommute. The position I accepted was offered as partial telecommute; the one I declined was initially no telecommuting.

The one I accepted was offered at higher percentage of telecommuting and the one I declined was offered as partial. Humana IS open to telecommuting dependent on position and duties.

Personal Health Coach Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

I applied for Humana and the following day was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. Interview asked basic questions to screen to see if I was eligible for second interview and a good fit for company. At the end of that interview, I was set up for a web cam interview for later that week. The web cam interview went well! About an hour after the interview ended, I received a job offer;)
    Interview asked behavioral questions and questions about work history and computer tech.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say your biggest strength is? Your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Order Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana.

The interview consisted of being told that your allowed to wear headphones while you work, but not being told that's because you are sitting at a computer performing data entry from 8 hours up to 12 hours a day with mandatory overtime expected.

Interview Questions
    • What is expected goal for data entry? That question can never be answered because they change the efficiencies from day to day, month to month. You never know what your expected to achieve at any given time. It's basically at their whim, whatever they come up with at the time. Algorithms are creaed and then not used. Clearly a company that doesn't know what it's right hand or left hand is doing. This organization is very "TOP HEAVY" Too many "Chiefs not enough Indians" - This is Humana's biggest problem. Also they get rid of staff on a daily basis, and most of the unemployment claims are in favor of the terminiated employee!   View Answer
    There was no negotiation they offered the job, but could not tell you what the position paid until you were actually doing the job. Then you realized that it was very low 13.00 per hour, and a 27 cents raise after 1 year, and that was it unless you were "favored". Their advantage is that the job market is very bad, so they have the upper hand.

Personal Health Coach (PHC) Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Humana.

I was very impressed with the overall interview process. The phone interview was very informal but to the point. The interviewer definitely knew what he was doing and you could tell was genuinely listening to your response and not just going through the motions. The montage video interview was a little trickier. The technology was fine, but there is something nerve-wracking about video chat. You are focusing on your appearance and how you are coming across when you should be solely focusing on the question. Overall though, the process was painless. I was also impressed with how quick the process moved along. From the day I applied to the day I received an offer it was literally ten days. Amazing!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were aware that your performance on the job was lacking.   Answer Question
    I asked if the salary was negotiable but it was not. I was still okay with the starting salary and encouragement of potential internal mobility so I accepted the offer.

Automation Technician Interview

Submitted through an Online application. Had a sit down interview with two managers that lasted 30 -40 minutes. Very relaxed atmosphere which made me feel comfortable the whole time. There were lots of questions about inner office dynamics.

Interview Questions
    • Very few technical questions. More questions about human interaction in the work place.   Answer Question

DMS Telesales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Long process for myself two phone interviews and then face to face finger printing and intense background check and you must complete any request for clarification of discrepencies. But they changed alot in 2014 by introducing LTE and a Job Fair so the process might be different than my personal experience in 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of situational questions so be prepared to talk about things you have done and solutions to conflict and challenges you have faced at previous employment.   Answer Question

Case Manager (RN) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Humana in July 2014.

I applied online on a Monday. The following day I was interviewed via telephone through a recruiting company I believe. A web based interview was scheduled for the followed Monday. The interview went very well. The lady who interviewed with very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable. I knew they asked behavioral questions and was prepared. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The day after the interview I was given an offer which I have accepted.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

“Humana cares about well-being -- both for their employees and their customers. The compensation at Humana is competitive for the area. Humana has a great 401(k) package…” Interview process was very informative. Was a little lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to quickly build a report with a customer.   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Had to write pharmacy basic knowledge test which was followed by simple interview. No hard questions were asked like a formal interview. Very relaxed atmosphere. We had to where professional clothes though

Interview Questions
    Negotiated and then got even more