Humana

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.8

Field Care Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Humana.

I was solicited by co. Headhunter with a quick initial interview leaving with the basic knowledge of having the job, but just short of official offer due to "formality of going through with another candidate interview already scheduled". Come to find out, just another co. Blowing smoke with no call back and getting the run around for several months (>6) until finally a second interview and then hired!

Interview Questions
    • None. Was told what the job entailed and spoke about experience.   Answer Question
    N/A

RN Care Manager SNP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Humana in August 2014.

I applied and the next day I was called by a recruiter. She asked me behavioral questions and basic computer knowledge questions. She emailed me less than a week later to set up an interview via web can with 2 managers. The interview process was smooth, both managers were great. They asked behavioral questions and want real situations that you've had as a nurse. The next evening I was called with a great offer above the salary I was asking. I go to st.Petersburg next month for 2 week training then I work from home. I am very excited as I applied to many previous positions in a year and finally got in! Don't give up, that time will come! Good luck!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to make changes due to business needs?
      Tell me a time that made you feel that you did not want to be a nurse any longer?
      All questions are from experiences you've actually had so don't worry.

Answer Question
    No negotiations but the pay is excellent and you'll be impressed.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Humana.

Became interested in the position and applied for the job through a recruiting firm. Phone interview with recruiting firm describing PM experience and Agile experience. Face to face with hiring manager who was very friendly and informative. Felt that things went smoothly and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much what I anticipated. Tell me about your PM experience   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

One of the best interviews I've been to. It was a long process but they make you feel as comfortable as possible. They were very organized. Make sure you do everything they tell you on the interview confirmation letter because it makes the process easier. Review the questions they send you and have your answers ready before you go to the interview. I got the job and am so excited to start.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? Be careful how you answer that question because it almost lost me the position.   Answer Question
    There's really not one. They made me the offer and told me what I was going to get and that it was the starting amount the company approved for the position.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Received an email notification one day after applying online to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was the next week with a recruiter. Lasted about 30 minutes and asked basic questions about work experience as well as a few behavioral interview questions...what would you/tell me about a time situations. At the end of that call was set up for a video interview the next week. Video interview lasted about an hour and was similar to phone interview but was with the direct supervisor. I was originally told one start date from recruiter and a different start date from supervisor which conflicted with notice I would have to give to my current employer. Was informed I would hear something back from them quickly. However, never received any notification. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Just general behavioral interview questions. Have answers/scenarios prepared ahead of time   Answer Question

Personal Health Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Applied online week later was contacted by a recruiter and immediately was scheduled for a montage video interview. Had the second interview and everything was straight forward. It was a behavioral interview so the interview was not too difficult for me. The interviewer was very honest about the description and she answered all my questions. Two hours later I was offered the job at a great salary. Can't wait for training in September.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most difficult client and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Personal Health Coach Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Initial contact was via an email, asking to schedule a phone interview. Did not apply for the job, so it appears they picked up my info from another job I had applied earlier in the year. After phone interview, was scheduled for the Montage video conference interview. Questions where based on scenarios you need to explain in detail: the circumstances, your interventions and end result.
    I was called with an offer within an hour of the video interview.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most satisfying job and least satifying job?
      How were you able to turn a negative relationship into a positive one?
      Describe how you were able to identify the needs of a complex situation/patient.

Answer Question

Unfortunately, they were unable to tell me what my schedule would be (anywhere between 7am-7pm is what I was told) and the salary was not as competitive as I expected from such a well established organization.

Pharmacy Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Applied for 2 positions and was contacted about another for which I also applied involving 2 different departments. Worked with 2 corporate recruiters who were both professional, courteous, and efficient. Had telephone interviews with recruiters and department personnel and then interviewed in-person for 2 positions (1 from each department) and received 2 job offers the next day.

Humana has a wonderful process when dealing with multiple departments recruiting the same candidate. There is no competition between recruiters, leaving final choice up to the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Expect questions about your skills along with behavior questions that focus on ethics and professionalism.   Answer Question
    Very open and non-adversarial. The salary offered was slightly above my stated requirement. Greatest focus was ability to telecommute. The position I accepted was offered as partial telecommute; the one I declined was initially no telecommuting.

The one I accepted was offered at higher percentage of telecommuting and the one I declined was offered as partial. Humana IS open to telecommuting dependent on position and duties.

Personal Health Coach Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

I applied for Humana and the following day was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. Interview asked basic questions to screen to see if I was eligible for second interview and a good fit for company. At the end of that interview, I was set up for a web cam interview for later that week. The web cam interview went well! About an hour after the interview ended, I received a job offer;)
    Interview asked behavioral questions and questions about work history and computer tech.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say your biggest strength is? Your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Order Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Humana.

The interview consisted of being told that your allowed to wear headphones while you work, but not being told that's because you are sitting at a computer performing data entry from 8 hours up to 12 hours a day with mandatory overtime expected.

Interview Questions
    • What is expected goal for data entry? That question can never be answered because they change the efficiencies from day to day, month to month. You never know what your expected to achieve at any given time. It's basically at their whim, whatever they come up with at the time. Algorithms are creaed and then not used. Clearly a company that doesn't know what it's right hand or left hand is doing. This organization is very "TOP HEAVY" Too many "Chiefs not enough Indians" - This is Humana's biggest problem. Also they get rid of staff on a daily basis, and most of the unemployment claims are in favor of the terminiated employee!   View Answer
    There was no negotiation they offered the job, but could not tell you what the position paid until you were actually doing the job. Then you realized that it was very low 13.00 per hour, and a 27 cents raise after 1 year, and that was it unless you were "favored". Their advantage is that the job market is very bad, so they have the upper hand.