Humana

2.8

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Humana.

Started with on campus recruiting, had a short interview on campus, very HR based with behavioral questions. Then was asked to go to the office for a day long interview process with about fifty other candidates. Everyone was really nice and they included a tour of the city on the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: what are your strengths/weakness, tell me you made a mistake and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Pharmacy Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Applied for 2 positions and was contacted about another for which I also applied involving 2 different departments. Worked with 2 corporate recruiters who were both professional, courteous, and efficient. Had telephone interviews with recruiters and department personnel and then interviewed in-person for 2 positions (1 from each department) and received 2 job offers the next day.

Humana has a wonderful process when dealing with multiple departments recruiting the same candidate. There is no competition between recruiters, leaving final choice up to the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Expect questions about your skills along with behavior questions that focus on ethics and professionalism.   Answer Question
    Very open and non-adversarial. The salary offered was slightly above my stated requirement. Greatest focus was ability to telecommute. The position I accepted was offered as partial telecommute; the one I declined was initially no telecommuting.

The one I accepted was offered at higher percentage of telecommuting and the one I declined was offered as partial. Humana IS open to telecommuting dependent on position and duties.

Consultant-Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Humana in June 2014.

It did not take place. Very unprofessional. They scheduled an interview and instead of calling, emailed me that they have found better candidates and wont take interview.There was no phone call. They said they found more experienced candidates. Why call and schedule in the first place?

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Humana in May 2014.

Interview was not difficult and everyone on the panel of 6 was extremely friendly. More of a conversation with about five behavioral type questions. One person on the panel told me I was one of the best interviewees they'd ever had. Wasn't angry until 3 weeks passed after the interview and I was never given an update. Finally, I received a cryptic automated email telling me the position was "no longer being recruited" and when I tried to follow up with the person who conducted the panel, I received a very terse, unhelpful response another two weeks after my inquiry. So basically, five weeks of zero correspondence after an amazing interview, only to be rejected. I'm an adult and I can deal with rejection, but nobody likes dealing with unprofessionalism and having their time wasted. Really turned me off Humana.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Humana.

Very slow process.

Interview Questions
    • Very difficult interview for my current role. I was already an employee but I changed roles internally and that was the hardest interview I ever had.   Answer Question
    If you are a current employee Humana wants you to believe there is little or no negotiation that you can do. If you are trying to get hired into the company they will pay you about 20% less on average.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana.

The interview process was very long. I remembering it lasting approximately over 7 hours and I meet with senior leaders and peers who is would be working for. At the time, they asked a lot of behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not very difficult in my opinion, but the one that was probably the most challenging was: "tell me about a time when you took a risk in your current role and what was the outcome of this situation"   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an increase in salary from the recruiter's initial offer.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana.

I was originally contacted by someone in HR for a phone interview. At the end of the call she informed me that I could meet with the hiring manager onsite the following week. I had three interviews in person and was later offered the position by phone.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked in my interview dealt with specific programming languages and various behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana.

phone interview/screening with recruiter; then onsite interviews with management (4 interviews at one hour a piece)

Interview Questions
    • all of the questions I had were straightforward. Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have that relates to this, etc.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because they gave me what I asked for

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Humana in December 2013.

Interviewed with 4 groups of people/individuals which took around 3.5 hours. Didn't share a schedule for the interview. Behavioral questions took some thought but not difficult. Position reported to an associate actuarial, not a learning manager, which gave me pause! One of the interviewers (in the learning and development field) found it appropriate to be condescending while showing her ignorance. For example, one question she asked was "Have you heard of ADDIE? A-D-D-I-E?" That is a ridiculous question to ask of an instructional designer, and to spell it out is inexcusably snotty. I have had two interviews with this company and both included this individual. At the first interview, she didn't realize there was a difference between teaching and training and asked me to explain my remark on the topic. If my inability to work with an individual like that showed, all I can say is "Dodged a bullet there."

Interview Questions
    • What is the one accomplishment of which you are most proud?   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana in November 2013.

One on-campus interview, followed by an interview day at the company headquarters in Louisville. The company flew candidates up and housed them for one night, prior to the interview day, with all expenses paid. The interview day consisted of multiple panel sessions with past and present interns and managers, description of the position, tours of both the building and the city of Louisville, and two behavioral interviews.

The recruiters were very nice and professional. Candidates were given plenty of opportunity to get a feel for the company culture and the expectations of the internship itself. The interviews themselves weren't too difficult. Two behavioral interviews, each with two directors/managers. The interviewers expect behavioral answers to utilize the STAR technique (Situation, Task, Action, Result). In addition to behavior questions, and technical skills listed by the candidates were fair game to question as well.

Interview Questions
    • Trust is very important for success in teams. Give some examples of how you have gained the trust of your team members in the past.   Answer Question