Humana Learning Consultant Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Humana in December 2013.

Interviewed with 4 groups of people/individuals which took around 3.5 hours. Didn't share a schedule for the interview. Behavioral questions took some thought but not difficult. Position reported to an associate actuarial, not a learning manager, which gave me pause! One of the interviewers (in the learning and development field) found it appropriate to be condescending while showing her ignorance. For example, one question she asked was "Have you heard of ADDIE? A-D-D-I-E?" That is a ridiculous question to ask of an instructional designer, and to spell it out is inexcusably snotty. I have had two interviews with this company and both included this individual. At the first interview, she didn't realize there was a difference between teaching and training and asked me to explain my remark on the topic. If my inability to work with an individual like that showed, all I can say is "Dodged a bullet there."

Interview Questions
  • What is the one accomplishment of which you are most proud?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Humana.

Humana's hiring process is long and arduous. There are multiple phone interviews, spaced several weeks apart. There is very little communication from the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • What did you find least desirable in your last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Humana in July 2011.

Behavioral, situational interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you worked with a team to achieve objectives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Humana in April 2011.

Impromptu phone interview/screening with the talent acquisition rep. I was asked several questions on the spot, which I had not prepared for because this was my initial contact with the company. When the talent acquisition rep called, I assumed the call would be to set up the interview, not to do the actual interview on the spot.

Learning Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Humana.

It's a behavioral interview. Be prepared with specific examples of your work, and be prepared to give specific examples of how your work contributed to the bottom line.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't particularly difficult. The interviewers are. Be prepared to get no indication of how you may have done on your interview until you hear back from the recruiter.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate an additional $5000 in salary by emphasizing my experience. They don't want to negotiate unless you're in a position where they need your skills. Otherwise, it's as if they're doing you a favor by making the offer. Also, know that if you refuse the offer, you'll be ineligible for being considered for hire again.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!