Humana

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in March 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter will call to make a first assessment. A first or second interview will be recorded. Always speak of YOUR accomplishments, even if you have been working with teams.

Interview Question – "Talk about a time when" can be such a vague question and may be focused on such a minor item that it doesn't really let you promote yourself in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not a wide range of negotiation in salary in my experience.

Consultant-Black Belt Interview

Consultant-Black Belt
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Humana in June 2014.

Interview Details – It did not take place. Very unprofessional. They scheduled an interview and instead of calling, emailed me that they have found better candidates and wont take interview.There was no phone call. They said they found more experienced candidates. Why call and schedule in the first place?

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was not difficult and everyone on the panel of 6 was extremely friendly. More of a conversation with about five behavioral type questions. One person on the panel told me I was one of the best interviewees they'd ever had. Wasn't angry until 3 weeks passed after the interview and I was never given an update. Finally, I received a cryptic automated email telling me the position was "no longer being recruited" and when I tried to follow up with the person who conducted the panel, I received a very terse, unhelpful response another two weeks after my inquiry. So basically, five weeks of zero correspondence after an amazing interview, only to be rejected. I'm an adult and I can deal with rejection, but nobody likes dealing with unprofessionalism and having their time wasted. Really turned me off Humana.

Interview Question – The questions were standard fare. No surprises.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – Very slow process.

Interview Question – Very difficult interview for my current role. I was already an employee but I changed roles internally and that was the hardest interview I ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are a current employee Humana wants you to believe there is little or no negotiation that you can do. If you are trying to get hired into the company they will pay you about 20% less on average.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through Humana's website and was contacted for a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview was with a local recruiter, it consisted of a few general behavioral questions and some questions about my resume. Was invited to interview in Louisville a couple weeks later along with about 20 other people. The on-site interview consisted of two rounds of interviews with two actuaries each. Questions were pre-determined and they recorded my responses. Interview day also consisted of a couple of networking sessions, informational session, and a bus tour of the city. The whole process was very organized and professional; I was reimbursed for food, airport parking, and gas to the airport.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made multiple conflicting commitments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Offer was reasonable and included moving expenses.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was an on campus interview, then a there was a 2nd phone interview and a 3rd interview at Louisville that took a couple days. There was 2 rounds of interviews with different actuaries and a tour around the Humana building and Louisville.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation that was caused by you and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long. I remembering it lasting approximately over 7 hours and I meet with senior leaders and peers who is would be working for. At the time, they asked a lot of behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – The questions were not very difficult in my opinion, but the one that was probably the most challenging was: "tell me about a time when you took a risk in your current role and what was the outcome of this situation"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an increase in salary from the recruiter's initial offer.

Developer Interview

Developer
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by someone in HR for a phone interview. At the end of the call she informed me that I could meet with the hiring manager onsite the following week. I had three interviews in person and was later offered the position by phone.

Interview Question – The questions asked in my interview dealt with specific programming languages and various behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details – phone interview/screening with recruiter; then onsite interviews with management (4 interviews at one hour a piece)

Interview Question – all of the questions I had were straightforward. Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have that relates to this, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because they gave me what I asked for

Learning Consultant Interview

Learning Consultant
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Humana in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 groups of people/individuals which took around 3.5 hours. Didn't share a schedule for the interview. Behavioral questions took some thought but not difficult. Position reported to an associate actuarial, not a learning manager, which gave me pause! One of the interviewers (in the learning and development field) found it appropriate to be condescending while showing her ignorance. For example, one question she asked was "Have you heard of ADDIE? A-D-D-I-E?" That is a ridiculous question to ask of an instructional designer, and to spell it out is inexcusably snotty. I have had two interviews with this company and both included this individual. At the first interview, she didn't realize there was a difference between teaching and training and asked me to explain my remark on the topic. If my inability to work with an individual like that showed, all I can say is "Dodged a bullet there."

Interview Question – What is the one accomplishment of which you are most proud?   Answer Question

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!