Humana Telesales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Humana (Madison, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Took 1 week, interview, skype, offer. Interview process was straight forward, didnt expect too much from it. Very typical interview, tell me about yourself, what are your weaknesses, strenghts, etc, etc. Whats your favorite thing to do outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Whats the strangest thing you did at work   1 Answer

Negotiation

take or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Had one interview. Interview was very detailed and lasted approximately 20 to 30 minutes long. I was interviewed by the supervisor whom team I became a part of. The interview was very thorough and detailed oriented.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed asked about background and education. Strengths and weaknesses, and future goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview just came out and asked would I be interested in working with Humana?. And is this a company that I can see myself working with?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was relaxed. I was told I was going to have to sell something in my panel interview but I didnt have to. I would be prepared just in case. I didn't find any unusual questions in the interview process. The questions sounded like this.. Name a time when.. (you had to overcome a struggle) remember a time when... I heard back within 1 week of interview, I heard others waited months.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest obstacle you overcame and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I personally didn't negotiate because I received a fair offer. My coworker did and he was declined via email. If u have education and experience you will be at the top end of salary. If one or the other than expect low-mid range.

Telesales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Humana in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position on CareerBuilder.com. I next received an email three days later requesting a phone interview. I was provided various days and times to choose from, and was asked to pick at least three day/time options. I sent the email back and received a final email the next day confirming the phone interview. I received a call on the agreed time/date, not from a Humana recruiter, but rather from a CareerBuilder.com recruiter. I was told CareerBuilder.com is handling the initial phone interviews. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes.

The interview questions started with very basic questions, i.e., are you authorized to work in the US, what level of education have you obtained, and so forth. The questions then followed a pattern of a typical sales interview, mostly behavior type questions, such as, "How did you handle a situation where you disagreed with your boss?", "Describe your most successful sale and how you accomplished it." All very typical and easy questions. As always, they're looking for quick, to the point answers with concrete numbers.

I received a phone call three days later from a Humana recruiter based out their home office in Louisville, Kentucky to set up a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week. The recruiter followed up with a confirmation email verifying the date/time, location and the names of the two individuals I would be meeting with. I was able to obtain basic information on the two individuals using a variety of social networking sites.

The face to face interview lasted approximately 50 minutes and was very professional. I was first told about the company and the position, why they were seeking a new employee, the time frame of the hiring process and the eventual start date of employment, and the format of the interview itself.

Again, very typical questions, such as the classic, "Tell me about yourself," "Why are you a good fit for Humana?" "Why do you want to work for Humana," and so on. Next, questions were asked regarding sales ability, what I can bring to the table and what kind of sales volume have I produced in the past. Again, as typical, they're looking for bottom line concrete numbers. Make sure you give it to them.

And finally, you can ask your questions - do so.

The only negative is the hiring time frame and feedback. I was told they were just beginning the interview process and will be hiring for a number of positions. I would not hear back from them directly, but rather from the Humana recruiter if at all, and then not for another month. If you're not considered for employment, you simply will not receive a phone call. This is a rather BIG negative.

They're a large corporation using a preset hiring process, and there appears to be little flexibility. There is nothing more that can be done from my end to further influence their decision. Unfortunately, one cannot simply rely on a "hope and prayer" for a phone call that might never happen. That said, the "Thank You" cards have been mailed out, and my pursuit of this position has been tabled.

Bottom line, Humana appears be a excellent company to work for. The sales managers I met were very competent, knowledgeable and motivated. There is opportunity for growth and advancement. My suggestion? Continue your pursuit of employment. If you should receive a call offering employment, and you have not found anything better and are still available, by all means, take the job. If I'm available and receive a call,... I'll provide an update.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Interview Questions

• All typical sales interview questions.   1 Answer