Humana Telesales Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in April 2013.

The interview process was rigorous however it was very organized. There was a phone interview and an in-person interview. It took at least a month before I heard anything from the recruiter about the second interview. The second interview was with two Front Line Leaders.

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Telesales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Humana.

It's been a while since I was interviewed, but I'll write what I can remember. I saw an opening for the telesales role through an email, and after filling out an application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked some basic screening questions ("Why are you interested in this position?"). After passing the phone interview, there was an in-person interview with two frontline leaders (people who could be your immediate supervisors for the role).

Interview Questions
    • Everything in the interview processes revolved around sales, sales, sales. Questions included: "Provide us a description of the role you're applying for." "How did you overcome objections in your last sales role?" "How did you handle a mistake you've made?" "How do you keep track of your sales (average $ per sale, attempts vs. actual sales)?" To do well, you have to sell yourself, your sales-position roles (how they were significant), and your sales experiences. Many of the questions asked were similar to what was questioned in the phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana in June 2013.

[I was hired during a bulk hiring session (211 people in my center alone) your experience may differ from mine] After filling out application online, you will do a phone interview, then they will schedule you for a face to face interview. The phone interview will be basic generic run of the mill questions to weed out the incompetent. The person conducting my phone interview sounded like he was instructed only to read and to document my responses and did not probe me for much further detail. After the phone interview they will make you wait a day or two and then call you for a F2F(face to face) interview. My interview was with 2 FLL (Front Line Leader- someone who used to be a telesales agent and then got promoted. Supervises 18-22 agents on their team) both of my interviewers took turns asking me basic questions and were very calm and not intimidating. (others i have heard were quite the opposite) ( sorry, i can remember any questions- i just remember them being textbook questions- they were literally reading them from a typed up form). After the F2F interview, they walked me to a waiting room where I waited for some guy... don't know his title. This "guy" walked me to an office and said that they wanted to hire me and had a paper all ready with my offer. The offer was for 15.38 per hour (32,000) a year with an anticipated commissions/bonus of 15,000 per year (333.33 per month (4,000 per year) of bonus based on company goal for sales and 11,000 per year in commission with the majority of the commission paid in March for sales made during AEP (annual enrollment period for Medicare).

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over someone else.... (something like that)   Answer Question
    I tried to haggle in base pay and he basically told me that if i didn't want it then i shouldn't take it, and that it might not be on the table tomorrow. I obviously took it. I found out today that a coworker makes over 17.00 an hour, or so he/she claims. So now I wish i had declined and let them call me afterwards.

Telesales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in June 2012.

They were desperate to fill the positions, so they skimmed through the questions once they confirmed I was not a derelicte. The background check was long and annoying.

No negotiation.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!